Forum upgrade in progress! ×

VIDEO: Angry British tourist PUNCHES Thai man on MRT

snoop1130

On 1/14/2020 at 10:19 PM, TheDark said:

I hope Thais understand that not all farangs behave like him and not all farangs behave like this British man. Otherwise living in Thailand will become even more difficult for the rest of the western people as understandably Thais can be quite upset of these type of incidents.

It very easily could have been vice versa too. Now it was the Brit who reacted aggressively. 

13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The video at 2 seconds seems to show that he did punch him, it certainly didn't show that he missed.

He grabbed him, if he'd punched him he would have gone down.

Also if you get punched in the face you automatically touch the part of your face that has been hit

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, yogi100 said:

"London is full of aggressive cockneys like this"

Are you sure about that? I live in London and you've got your work cut out meeting just two or three let alone it finding it 'full' of 'em. Even the pubs they used are long gone.

All the Londoners I grew up with were cleared out years ago. So were their families and children. There's mainly just us old 'uns left.

That's sad. Bring back the hooligans I say

17 hours ago, Tagged said:

A well trained army or one with skills, would never act like that ???? 

Edit note: well trained sane ......

Perhaps I should have added .."Pattaya bar stool SAS" eh.....That was my intended point..???? 

Edited by transam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

The punch, or is it two? is clear here at 00.13 and at 00.27.

The report suggests the UK man thought the Thai had taken a photo of his girlfriend.

Not clear at all. Also there was no woman with the English guy, only possibly a male friend. More Thai rak Thai nonsense.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ravip said:

Punching people while walking around is not 'much ado'? Nice. Would dread to visit where you come from.

You should try blowing a different trumpet for once-if you are capable of doing so..hmm given you past performances I would doubt it.

None of the videos show a punch being thrown-it appears to be a lunge-possibly (very probably) because there was an attempt at pick-pocketing.

Thai rak Thai indeed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

You should try blowing a different trumpet for once-if you are capable of doing so..hmm given you past performances I would doubt it.

None of the videos show a punch being thrown-it appears to be a lunge-possibly (very probably) because there was an attempt at pick-pocketing.

Thai rak Thai indeed.

Doubt it was an attempt at pick-pocketing. The Thai guy reported the incident to the officials at the station  where he got off. The officials explained to the Englishman that the Thai guy was not taking photos of his girlfriend and both sides then went their separate ways without further incident.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not the real story at all. The story according to one Thai blogger. Thai rak Thai.

If you listen to what the Englishman says it's clear that there's more to the story than a young Thai man bumping into him. He obviously thought that the Thai had tried to steal his phone, very common on BTS. When the Englisman recovered his phone, the Thai obviously gave some feeble and unbelievable excuse for the incident. It's this that angered the Englishman, who is clearly heard replying to the Thai, "Are you trying to take the p***?" A typical English response for an Englishman meaning, "are you making fun of me?".

The Englishman at no time attempted to strike the Thai and merely tried to grab hold of the Thai and make him admit to what he'd done. The Englishman clearly hadn't enough experience with Thai people to realise that admitting their fault is something a Thai would never do.

If this incident had happened on the Tube in London, the young man would have admitted to what he tried to do and apologised. The Englishman would have told him off and that would have been the end of the matter.

It was the young Thai man's denial of the facts that escalated the incident. A lesson to be learned by both parties on the difference between each other's cultures.

Why do you think that no one has reported the matter to the police? The Thai man didn't report it because he was in the wrong and would have been in trouble with the police, who take a dim view of young Thais committing crimes against tourists. The Englishman felt that he had dealt with the incident himself and there was no need for him to take any further action.

No one was hurt and the Englishman got his phone back. As we say in England, "No harm done".

And to think in another post you are chastising someone for saying there was a punch "when there is no evidence", yet you make up an entire account of what happened with absolutely no evidence whatsoever - what a massive hypocrite!

If this incident had happened on the Tube in London, the young man would have admitted to what he tried to do and apologised. The Englishman would have told him off and that would have been the end of the matter.

Yes, and then he would have dusted off his top hat and had a cup of tea.    You live in a fantasy world.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

And to think in another post you are chastising someone for saying there was a punch "when there is no evidence", yet you make up an entire account of what happened with absolutely no evidence whatsoever - what a massive hypocrite!

The evidence is there in the video, both in words and deeds, as I pointed out in my post.

• Like 1