VIDEO: Angry British tourist PUNCHES Thai man on MRT

snoop1130

Quickly, all you keyboard black belts who are so quick to offer violence...here's one you can sink your teeth into, tear out his throat, puff out your chest and say..'that'll learn him'.

Pattaya: Walking Street patrol nabs snatch thief after he runs off with Chinese tourist's phone

3 hours ago, Mark mark said:

And the guy in yellow had a pretty broad Book in his hand, ... Like who carries books these days ? ... and the little guy a Tablet, ... thieves often use these books, or pieces of Cardboard, and pretend to be Begging ... or even their Tables I guess, ... as a horizontal screen ... while they just softly bump up against you, and their hands just quietly try to find you money, in the cover under them ! ... (My Mother and I were Hit quite blatantly, by Bosnian Gypsies like this in Pizza once.) ... So I do know this one and well it also is an Old One ! .

I've been the victim of petty thieves three times over the years in Pattaya and I try to be careful. 

Once it was the theft of my phone but it was only a cheapie back then as few people had these smart phones. I've got a smart phone now but do no take it out.

Pattaya can't be much different from Bangkok where crime is concerned.

Unfortunately not all Thais are the little angels some make them out to be.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

This guy is a disgrace, wonder if he would have been so quick to react if it was someone his own size or bigger instead of a small obviously frightened Thai.

Disgusting and sadly reflects/tarnishes on every "farang" here.

That's a pretty clear video and with the facial recognition software they have it shouldnt be too difficult for immigration/Police to track this guy down and deport him. (hopefully).

You don't get deported for punching a person even if he's thai. It might cost a few thousand baht, though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello to All,

Im sure this man is not only a disgruntled individual but a racist as well , We don’t need your kind ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD !! INCLUDING THAILAND!!

I’m American and I see this <deleted> even more in my home Country created by our Lying , Hate Promoter and Racist President.

its sad and PATHETIC !!  

It's not really up to any falang including Americans to say who is and who is not needed in Thailand. It's up to the Thais, it's their country.

And there's no need to shout!

You're quite entitled to say who is needed or not needed in your own Country as is Donald Trump along with his supporters.

And why are you sure he's a racist, for all you know he's livid because he's just been pickpocketed. Even that still does not make him a racist.

You can be just as angry with someone of your own race if they've just been caught robbing you.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1

We have a totally unnecessary reaction from a white male, who happens to be from the UK. He could have been from anywhere. ' Jerks ' are not unique to the UK.

On this occasion and by the evidence available, I would agree he needs arresting and dealing with even deporting, if the authorities see it as such.

What I don't agree with is all this nonsense that the Thais will view us all the same. Such Garbage.

We are not all the bloody same and it's damned obvious to Thailand that we are not. You wouldn't blame a worker in your local 7-11 for the actions of a jet ski scammer in Phuket or the taxi mafia in Koh Samui, just because they are Thai, would you?

Do we as foreigners look at all Thais in the same way as the shopping mall murderer? It would be ridiculous.

Some posters need to get a grip, get real and grow up and think before they post knee jerk reactions.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheDark said:

I hope Thais understand that not all farangs behave like him and not all farangs behave like this British man. Otherwise living in Thailand will become even more difficult for the rest of the western people as understandably Thais can be quite upset of these type of incidents.

"I hope Thais understand that not all farangs behave like him and not all farangs behave like this British man".

I would have preferred the poster to have written. "I hope Thais understand that not all British farangs behave like him and not all farangs behave like this particular British man".

I am British and I certainly don't act in any way like this vicious sounding thug. I also know a number of other British guys who do not act like this, ever!

We are no different to any other nationality in this respect. There is good and bad in every country. Don't try to tar us all with the same brush..........

12 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

And the Brit apologists and Thai haters. Why don't we wait until the facts are out in force?

Will the full facts ever come out?

What do we know? Someone for reasons unknown was filming a group of people on the train? Why? Has the first part of the clip which may have caused the filming to begin been edited out? The guy in yellow was protecting the smaller person and they both left the train together. Were they together before the argument? If the small person was a dip why try to take a phone that was connected to earphones? If he was a dip why didn't he time his 'extraction' so that he could immediately leave the train? Why did he not leave the train when the girls got up and left? As someone has posted, why hasn't he been to the police to try and extract a few quid from the Englishman...or if he has done where's the link?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

We have a totally unnecessary reaction from a white male, who happens to be from the UK. He could have been from anywhere. ' Jerks ' are not unique to the UK.

On this occasion and by the evidence available, I would agree he needs arresting and dealing with even deporting, if the authorities see it as such.

What I don't agree with is all this nonsense that the Thais will view us all the same. Such Garbage.

We are not all the bloody same and it's damned obvious to Thailand that we are not. You wouldn't blame a worker in your local 7-11 for the actions of a jet ski scammer in Phuket or the taxi mafia in Koh Samui, just because they are Thai, would you?

Do we as foreigners look at all Thais in the same way as the shopping mall murderer? It would be ridiculous.

Some posters need to get a grip, get real and grow up and think before they post knee jerk reactions.

Scouse, he made a grab for the smaller man and missed. He didn't punch him. We don't know why he was angry, that's all it was, angry verbals, so I think you have posted a knee jerk reaction yourself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

He had every right  to make the thai man pay for his mistake but  not that way.

Then again  he could hardly call the police without  going to the nexr floor

Apologing doesn't  pay for a new iphone

He should  have got his friend to video the thai man asking him  to come  to the police station

Asked the friend  to take photo  of his ID card

If he refused to do so then would need tje help of his friend with the phone and a train security  guard to clear  situation 

Problem is for short term tourists  they dont  know  how to take the right  step

Then this happens.

If the thai man was sorry  he would jave gone to the polixe station and paid for the phone 

A sorry  a word isn't  going the replace the phone 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BRUFC said:

Scouse, he made a grab for the smaller man and missed. He didn't punch him. We don't know why he was angry, that's all it was, angry verbals, so I think you have posted a knee jerk reaction yourself.

yeah.

I was trying to say if rhe foreigner was out of order, then OK, let the authorities do as they seem fit.

My post was mainly concerned with posters trying to imply that we will all be looked at in a bad light and all classed the same which is just plain silly, be it this incident or any other.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Rod Stewart ain't the only ???????????????????????????? sounding Celt ????

From Wiki.  'Sir Roderick David Stewart is a British rock singer and songwriter. Born and raised in London, he is of Scottish and English ancestry'.

He chooses for his own reasons to identify as a Scot.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....'Sir Rod Stewart faces being sued by a US security guard who claims he was assaulted by the singer.' 

Edited by BRUFC
Addendum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BRUFC said:

Have you considered that something we didn't see could explain his aggression. What evidence is there that he is a 'drugged' Brit?

In your opinion, something can justifie punching a man on public transport, even when you see the man is avoiding confrontation, as well another man have taken control of. 

• Sad 1