Buddhism office ex-chief could not explain ownership of property worth over half a billion: NACC

webfact

4 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I thought years ago that all the money donated at Thai Wats and Shrines by the millions of suckers thinking that they are making merit must somehow be channeled 'out the back door' and back into Thai society; probably lining the pockets of the families of the 'monkery' elite. I had no idea that they actually have an office to facilitate it.....555..........????????????.

All that money going out the back door, somebodies gotta' be keeping records, otherwise the criminals will be stealing from each other. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 2:16 PM, webfact said:

They possessed investment units, lands, buildings, vehicles and life insurance policies, which were not matched by their earnings

Well hush my mouth and call me Susan.Are there really such people in Thailand that have extraordinary wealth that is completely inexplicable given their relatively meagre earnings?

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Well hush my mouth and call me Susan.Are there really such people in Thailand that have extraordinary wealth that is completely inexplicable given their relatively meagre earnings?

No, that's fake news. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 1:41 PM, SunsetT said:

The Tantrics had a similar explanation about sex and for having prostitutes in Indian temples.

The above seems reasonable to me.

As for the Thais... proof that money and religion are not a good mix.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

11 hours ago, jayboy said:

In the UK there is a law called the Criminal Finances Act that has a mechanism called an Unexplained Wealth Order. If it cannot be proved how assets and property were obtained legally then the authorities can seize those assets. 

Edited by soi3eddie
Typo

True religious endeavor cant have have anything to do with money, more so institutionalized religion is just a business at any rate. Our progress or lack thereof is an internal matter based on our own actions. Still there are those that think they can buy a stairway to heaven, alas they will be sadly disappointed.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:16 PM, webfact said:

The NACC informed the eight people of the allegations

'Hello, Thai Airways?  Could I book eight singles to Dubai, please? .... How much?....  Do you know who I am?..... That's better... this week if possible....  Thank you.'