U.S. Senate rejects Democratic bid for documents in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

Note those investigations were not done by the house and witnesses where compelled to testify.

Whereas is this the house did the investigation and witnesses refused. The witnesses for trump, bolton, mulvaney, pompeo refused. They are witnesses to help trump arent they.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

The poster here indicated insufficient knowledge of the US Government to fully take part in the discussion adequately. No branch of the US Government has total power over another. The President has the right to argue House Subpoenas before the Judicial branch, applies to Senate subpoenas as well.

Better tell the doj then. They are arguing in court right now that the court has no jurisdiction to make a ruling on house subpoenas.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Better tell the doj then. They are arguing in court right now that the court has no jurisdiction to make a ruling on house subpoenas.

If that were the case, they would be incorrect, but in all of these stories, specifics are left out, namely that they are arguing a specific facts, in a specific case. A case probably with many pages of argument and facts, that I am unaware of, and not likely to go and read, just like the rest of the American public. Exactly what democrats count on. If its not part of the case file of evidence on this impeachment, which issued subpoenas before even holding a house vote...I have no time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ricohoc said:

I've stated previously, and there is ample information online to support it: In order for House subpoenas to carry any legal weight, there must be a full vote of the House to begin their inquiries.  A unilateral announcement -- as done by Nancy -- is what converted subpoenas to nothing more than request letters. 

THAT is why there was no legal oversight to be made by the courts because the courts already ruled previously on a full House vote being required.

The trial in the Senate is not court.  The evidence is provided by the House.  If they fail to provide the evidence -- or do things improperly in order to provide a great case -- it's not the role of the Senate to do their work.

There is no trial. No witnesses or docs is not a trial, never has been.

its nice how trump supporters are only arguing process, nothing said about what he did.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

If that were the case, they would be incorrect, but in all of these stories, specifics are left out, namely that they are arguing a specific facts, in a specific case. A case probably with many pages of argument and facts, that I am unaware of, and not likely to go and read, just like the rest of the American public. Exactly what democrats count on. If its not part of the case file of evidence on this impeachment, which issued subpoenas before even holding a house vote...I have no time.

must be nice to give your opinion on an issue you dont know about and dont want to know about.

The house has sole conduct of its investigation in any way it wants. According to the constitution.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Elizabeth Warren is going to be casting an impeachment vote. She is a United States senator, also running for President who recently said she will allow a 9 year old so called transgendered child, what used to be called gender disphoria, to do the vetting for who will be her choice for the Secetary of Education. On video.

This Impeachment is about far more then Donald Trump its about Conservatives saving the Nation. I am Confident they will. Followed by re-election, followed by Durham, followed by the end of the Democrat party as we know it, and I read the IG, the IG on FISA, the Mueller report. All are nails in Democrat coffin, as will be this Impeachment result will be. 

God Bless The USA

More irrelevant distraction. Do try to stick with the subject.

Here is some short reading on the doj arguing the courts cannot rule on subpoena.

Saying impeachment is the option. Well yes, but not according to repubs.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/480730-doj-tells-court-that-congress-cant-sue-to-enforce-subpoenas

• Haha 2