U.S. Senate rejects Democratic bid for documents in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

33 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

What makes you think that they aren't being investigated? Then you rattle on about "Trumper" like a school boy. 

It’s unbelievable that you are concerned about election interference from one side of the equation while ignoring the obvious tactics used by the dnc and the previous administration. 

This whole charade is going to backfire on the left. You can keep up with the phony Russian narrative all you want. 

Come on! If there were an official investigation, the Republicans would have used this argument already! The DOJ even publicly stated that there was no investigation. No one wants to start an investigation on the Bidens. 

Personally, I have no problem about any official investigation launched into anyone, Biden, Chalupa, etc... They are not protected by any status and can be investigated.

Now let's talk about Chalupa: she is criticized for having made contact with Ukrainian officials at the Ukrainian embassy in the US. It happened in the US and so it is directly subject to US law. There's no need for Ukraine to start an investigation.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

First its a question in the way I posed it, and on the face of it: a VP who is in charge of Ukraine policy during a time when Ukraine is increasing gas production, has a son, recently removed from a Naval commission for cocaine, placed on a board of a Ukrainian Energy company already known for corruption. This man has no Ukrainian, or Gas/oil experience, does not speak Ukrainian, or Russian, but was receiving 50 to 85K per month dependent on source. Unrelated is a similiar situation occurred in China. What here is ridiculous? Other then the obviousness way it looks bad even to the casual observer (The American public)

Personally I don't think It's fair that sons of well known people can benefit from such privilege, usually because It's good for public relations or public image. However, he's far from being the only one and that's not illegal.

By the way, it's interesting to notice that you are not arguing any more about the debunked theory that Biden asked Shokin to be fired because of an investigation that was put on hold and switched to another topic.

Now Let's follow your line of reasoning about Hunter. A company hires an American guy because of his connections, allegedly in order to conduct some illegal activities. If It's true, these illegal activities would likely occur in the US or in relation to US organisations, right? Burisma doesn't need any American for corrupt activities in Ukraine, right? In this case an investigation should first be started in the US as it would directly fall under US law. Again, if there is so much evidence of wrongdoing, why no investigation?

Edited by candide
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Personally I don't think It's fair that sons of well known people can benefit from such privilege, usually because It's good for public relations or public image. However, he's far from being the only one and that's not illegal.

By the way, it's interesting to notice that you are not arguing any more about the debunked theory that Biden asked Shokin to be fired because of an investigation that was put on hold and switched to another topic.

Now Let's follow your line of reasoning about Hunter. A company hires an American guy because of his connections, allegedly in order to conduct some illegal activities. If It's true, these illegal activities would likely occur in the US or in relation to US organisations, right? Burisma doesn't need any American for corrupt activities in Ukraine, right? In this case an investigation should first be started in the US as it would directly fall under US law. Again, if there is so much evidence of wrongdoing, why no investigation?

I disagree with all of your hypotheticals, and your characterization. The questions that interests me is this: What was Hunter Biden's job? In other words WHY was he being paid? Was it simply for being the VP of the USA's son? And what was Burisma expecting in return for the millions that funneled through?

Did you read the story about the Diamond ring the Chinese gave to Hunter? That's a great story too. Look it up while your looking for A Hunter Biden defense. Honestly, I think the whole China thing is an even Bigger story then Burisma.

My other questions revolve around Rudy Giuliani, and the actual facts around what he claims to have found regarding Dem money in Ukraine. I am not sure if he has something that Barr now has, as well as the Trump Defense team, or if he had smoke blown up his rear, or himself is blowing smoke. A lot of negativity flies at this guy from the left, the old guy, half cocked, but he is no amateur prosecutor of organized crime. He is the real deal.

Like him or not. Were gonna soon find out, and I speculate no further...and no news reports...I trust none of them on this subject. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I disagree with all of your hypotheticals, and your characterization. The questions that interests me is this: What was Hunter Biden's job? In other words WHY was he being paid? Was it simply for being the VP of the USA's son? And what was Burisma expecting in return for the millions that funneled through?

Did you read the story about the Diamond ring the Chinese gave to Hunter? That's a great story too. Look it up while your looking for A Hunter Biden defense. Honestly, I think the whole China thing is an even Bigger story then Burisma.

My other questions revolve around Rudy Giuliani, and the actual facts around what he claims to have found regarding Dem money in Ukraine. I am not sure if he has something that Barr now has, as well as the Trump Defense team, or if he had smoke blown up his rear, or himself is blowing smoke. A lot of negativity flies at this guy from the left, the old guy, half cocked, but he is no amateur prosecutor of organized crime. He is the real deal.

Like him or not. Were gonna soon find out, and I speculate no further...and no news reports...I trust none of them on this subject. 

The fact that there are no official investigations into the Bidens is not an hypothesis.

From what I know they used him for public relations purpose because they had a (justified) corrupt image.

As I wrote several times, I personally have no problem in having Hunter or anyone investigated, as long it is an official investigation in accordance with the US law, and not a show to support a conspiracy theory from the alternate Trumpist universe.  Please send a petition to the DOJ about it. What the hell are they doing? Lol.

Anyway, It's not what Trump talked about, he talked about the story about the "very good prosecutor" and everybody knows It's been debunked. Same for the "Ukrainian" Crowdstrike stupidity.

As concerns Giuliani, Barr and others, let's have them testify under oath! Oh, sorry, Trump doesn't want that.... Why is it?

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

First its a question in the way I posed it, and on the face of it: a VP who is in charge of Ukraine policy during a time when Ukraine is increasing gas production, has a son, recently removed from a Naval commission for cocaine, placed on a board of a Ukrainian Energy company already known for corruption. This man has no Ukrainian, or Gas/oil experience, does not speak Ukrainian, or Russian, but was receiving 50 to 85K per month dependent on source. Unrelated is a similiar situation occurred in China. What here is ridiculous? Other then the obviousness way it looks bad even to the casual observer (The American public)

what here is ridiculous is that you think it is relevant to the charges against trump.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Sujo said:

what here is ridiculous is that you think it is relevant to the charges against trump.

What kind of a comment is this? The Democrats just spent two days at imeachment trial talking about Burisma and Biden. Yeah its ridiculous, and the coming 3 days of the trial might also see the name Burisma and Biden come up again, again, and again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, candide said:

The fact that there are no official investigations into the Bidens is not an hypothesis.

From what I know they used him for public relations purpose because they had a (justified) corrupt image.

As I wrote several times, I personally have no problem in having Hunter or anyone investigated, as long it is an official investigation in accordance with the US law, and not a show to support a conspiracy theory from the alternate Trumpist universe.  Please send a petition to the DOJ about it. What the hell are they doing? Lol.

Anyway, It's not what Trump talked about, he talked about the story about the "very good prosecutor" and everybody knows It's been debunked. Same for the "Ukrainian" Crowdstrike stupidity.

As concerns Giuliani, Barr and others, let's have them testify under oath! Oh, sorry, Trump doesn't want that.... Why is it?

Read the paragraph in the July 25th phonecall text. For sure, it seems that the President is not aware of the reality of the crowdstrike server (not a ukrainian co, spread across multiple machines, or virtual severs), as Mueller report had just been released he obviously has reason not to trust the FBI, or other intel agencies, the subsequent IG on FISA confirms his reasoning.

The President asking about crowdstrike seems to indicate he was acting out of an intent to defend the interests of the USA, and not self-interest. Regardless of how crazy the theory of the crowdstrike server is.

In the call the President also speaks in general phrases "Our Country has been through a lot", " and concerns about people that may be around Zelensky, "There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation".

So is it I that has to stretch to find concern for the United States, or does one have to stretch to declare a lack of concern?

As for witnesses, and testifying. For both sides there are concerns about a time element, and executive priviledge, the lack of it; or arguably the abuse of it; either way; is going to be decided by the supreme court. That results in delay. This is an important topic not only in this case but for future precedent.

Assuming that all the witnesses were to be called, neither you nor I know what would come from that testimony. 

Remember there are several lines of defense. The last one is this: So what! This does not rise to an impeachable offense, as the President was acting in accord with his Presidential powers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

What kind of a comment is this? The Democrats just spent two days at imeachment trial talking about Burisma and Biden. Yeah its ridiculous, and the coming 3 days of the trial might also see the name Burisma and Biden come up again, again, and again.

In a normal court the dems speak, repubs speak, then dems get a rebuttal. But that doesnt happen here, the dems dont get a rebuttal.

So a way to do it is to pre empt what repubs will say. We know they will not argue facts, they cant as the facts show his guilt. They will argue process, no enough for removal, bidens, all deflections.

So with no rebuttal for dems they have actually rebutted repub arguments in their opening.

You are correct the bidens will come up again, and no matter how many times it is still completely irrelevant to the charges against trump. The bidens could admit to murder and its still irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ricohoc said:

1. There was no clear demand for foreign assistance in an election.  You're making up context.  

2. House Democrats have only shown that Trump is below the law, not entitled to due process and not entitled to a presumption of innocence.  Like making up context in an attempt criminalize legal behavior.

The context is proven and clear; Trump withheld much needed aid and a Whitehouse meeting and made it clear there had to be a public announcement of an investigation into Biden.  That would have greatly assisted Trump in an election with Joe Biden as his opponent.

Trump can either be President and accept public scrutiny or he can be a private citizen and stop abusing Executive Privilege.  He can't be President when it suits him then claim to be a private citizen when that works better for him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chiphigh said:

Just in, Laura Ingraham has obtained emails that show the whistlblower ERIC CIARMERELLA in a meeting in the white house in January 2016 meeting with Ukrainian andrii telizhenko and other Ukraine officials with Obama administration staff from the nsc, doj and state dept to request dirt on Trump and associates. 

NY times reporter Ken Vogel was doing a story on this subject, but nothing was ever published. 

Telizhenko has also just released a new statement saying how we was pressured by chalupa and the state dept to dig up dirt on Trump. 

This is going to blow up in the faces of these idiots and it will be long overdue. 

The association to schiff staffer and the whistleblower is also been proven as well as the whistleblower talking to the schiff staffer in 2017 about how to impeach trump. 

So, let's summarize what the left will say, and the standard liberal torch bearers of this forum:

FOX News source is a lie so none of this ever happened. The dnc and the Obama administration have never interfered in any election. 

Despite having the emails and the Whitehouse visitor logs, this meeting to coordinate election interference never happened. 

Just in:  A TV newbie makes bold claims without providing a link to a source.  Nobody believes him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiphigh said:

Just in, Laura Ingraham has obtained emails that show the whistlblower ERIC CIARMERELLA in a meeting in the white house in January 2016 meeting with Ukrainian andrii telizhenko and other Ukraine officials with Obama administration staff from the nsc, doj and state dept to request dirt on Trump and associates. 

NY times reporter Ken Vogel was doing a story on this subject, but nothing was ever published. 

Telizhenko has also just released a new statement saying how we was pressured by chalupa and the state dept to dig up dirt on Trump. 

. . . 

According to that same Ukrainian attendee, Telizhenko, Obama officials at the meeting brought up concern regarding perceptions of Biden and Burisma being linked.

Vogel goes silent.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ricohoc said:

According to that same Ukrainian attendee, Telizhenko, Obama officials at the meeting brought up concern regarding perceptions of Biden and Burisma being linked.

Vogel goes silent.

Oh shock horror. Do keep up. Ukraine investigated burisma and found nothing. Pres Z also stated hunter biden broke no law and a company can employ whoever it likes.

Now, perhaps you can ask for a thread on the bidens because again its irrelevant to the charges against trump.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

This is going to blow up in the faces of these idiots and it will be long overdue. 

The association to schiff staffer and the whistleblower is also been proven as well as the whistleblower talking to the schiff staffer in 2017 about how to impeach trump. 

So, let's summarize what the left will say, and the standard liberal torch bearers of this forum:

FOX News source is a lie so none of this ever happened. The dnc and the Obama administration have never interfered in any election. 

Despite having the emails and the Whitehouse visitor logs, this meeting to coordinate election interference never happened. 

You watch ingraham? No wonder you like alternative facts.

Now please explain what that has to do with trump. Go get an investigation going if u like.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, i84teen said:

"Again, if there is so much evidence of wrongdoing, why no investigation?"

Because Biden is protected due to his status as a member of the "democratic establishment". This the state of politics at a macro level in America.

Imagine for a moment if it was Donald Trump Jr. on the Burisma's board and payroll--INSTEAD of H Biden!

Imagine the ensuing poo-storm, whoa!

Nonsense, the Republican own the DOJ, etc... The house has been Republican for years and could have started an investigation too, the Senate is currently Republican.

By the way, your Democratic establishment seems to be particularly powerless as it has been unable to prevent dozens of investigations into Clinton and Obama. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, candide said:

Nonsense, the Republican own the DOJ, etc... The house has been Republican for years and could have started an investigation too, the Senate is currently Republican.

By the way, your Democratic establishment seems to be particularly powerless as it has been unable to prevent dozens of investigations into Clinton and Obama. ????

Well, in the case of Biden, IF loony-tunes Guliani has what he says he has, the establishment might get nuked soon.

Edited by i84teen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

The context is what witnesses have testified under oath, the messages collected, etc.. You cannot just conviently discard them because you don't like what they show.

All hearsay.  None of those witnesses were witnesses to anything other than their own feelings or some other bureaucrat repeating something to them.  Better called gossipers.

The only firsthand witness who had a conversation with Trump was Sondland.  He already admitted that his ideas of quid pro quo were his own "presumptions."  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ricohoc said:

All hearsay.  None of those witnesses were witnesses to anything other than their own feelings or some other bureaucrat repeating something to them.  Better called gossipers.

The only firsthand witness who had a conversation with Trump was Sondland.  He already admitted that his ideas of quid pro quo were his own "presumptions."  

A set of converging testimonies and written evidence which has been confirmed by each new information and has remained uncontested.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1