Health officials warn of possible coronavirus outbreaks in Thailand’s most popular tourists destinations

webfact

12 hours ago, Kadilo said:

No mention of Pattaya? 

Meanwhile, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who inspected screening procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport onWednesday said Thailand was “100 precent in control of thesituation”.

If you werent worried before ..........

If there was one person you would wish to get it ........

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpatLife said:

My friend in Singapore told me that every household is being issued 4 masks, and each household is under quarantine. If somebody breeches it they will be fined $100. They are doing things right 

yes but it's a tiny island filled mostly with sensible people but the immigrant workers from the Indian sub continent won't take any notice of it. they'll still be sharing 1 bottle of beer outside of orchard towers on the weekend.

• Like 1

Let's see...

7,700 cases of the so-called "Corona Beer Virus" in China, out of a population of 1.36 Billion.

(7,700/1,360,000,000)*100=

That's only 

% chance of contracting the virus, if you live in China.

Which I don't.

Calm down Drama Queens. 

All is well here in the Land of Smiles ????

Remember, viruses need a live host to replicate.  If you kill yourself first with alcoholism, inhaling tobacco or getting stabbed by a Ladyboy in Pattaya, then you can't transmit the disease.

Easy peasy.

Carry on and Keep Well Enough Alone. ????

EPB9xIhUwAEMoFG.jpeg

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

7,700 cases of the so-called "Corona Beer Virus" in China, out of a population of 1.36 Billion.

(7,700/1,360,000,000)*100=

That's only 

% chance of contracting the virus, if you live in China.

Which I don't.

Calm down Drama Queens. 

All is well here in the Land of Smiles ????

Remember, viruses need a live host to replicate.  If you kill yourself first with alcoholism, inhaling tobacco or getting stabbed by a Ladyboy in Pattaya, then you can't transmit the disease.

The "Corona Beer virus" could lead to alcoholism itself regardless if you are in Pattaya or not.

I prefer mine with a slice of lime. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourists are advised that it is very much business as normal and that while the coronavirus remains under control, there is no need for foreigners visiting the kingdom to change their travel plans.

They are living In a different world, and they are playing with the public lives, they don't care about the health of citizens as long as the money comes in..... Absolutely disgusting 

• Like 2

Why are the borders not closed for flights from and to China ?

Checking the arrival passengers only on temperature is not enough as people can transfer the virus in their incubation period while they don't have any symptoms.

Most other countries stop flying to China completely.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 11:14 AM, Grumpy John said:

Was under control yesterday.....so what went wrong?  Words from an old Leo Sayer song just came into my head. Forgive me if I misquote "Clowns to the right of us clowns to the left, stuck in the middle with you. " 

Suggest that the press office of the government streamlines what those ministers blast out in public: 

"Prayut Chan-o-cha ........... said Thailand was “100 precent in control of the situation”.

The same day I read that the health minister bluntly admitted not having any control over the 
situation. At least he is honest - me thinks!

They cannot get their own countryman to arson hundred thousands of sugar cane field so why should they be able to achieve a much more difficult task like contain a virus? 

Aha! So that's the plan by the PM to bring the Thai Baht under control. Import sick Chinese to destroy the tourist industry. Baht is down 4% In January alone.  We're watching pure genius at work. Soon everyone will be able to afford to come to Thailand...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Suggest that the press office of the government streamlines what those ministers blast out in public: 

"Prayut Chan-o-cha ........... said Thailand was “100 precent in control of the situation”.

The same day I read that the health minister bluntly admitted not having any control over the 
situation. At least he is honest - me thinks!

They cannot get their own countryman to arson hundred thousands of sugar cane field so why should they be able to achieve a much more difficult task like contain a virus? 

He means at his house. 100% in control at his house. Lost in translation...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jwbrit said:

Aha! So that's the plan by the PM to bring the Thai Baht under control. Import sick Chinese to destroy the tourist industry. Baht is down 4% In January alone.  We're watching pure genius at work. Soon everyone will be able to afford to come to Thailand...

Cynic.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:02 AM, Kadilo said:

No mention of Pattaya? 

Meanwhile, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who inspected screening procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport onWednesday said Thailand was “100 precent in control of thesituation”.

If you werent worried before ..........

That's the airport in BangCough.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jwbrit said:

Yep - this is another nail/straw and it is coming - the recession that Thaiand has to have.

IMO get prepared if you live in Thailand - review finances and arrangements - it will be a biggy.

12 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Yep - this is another nail/straw and it is coming - the recession that Thaiand has to have.

IMO get prepared if you live in Thailand - review finances and arrangements - it will be a biggy.

I wish I could give a like or laugh for your little saying at the bottom

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2020 at 6:55 AM, khunpa said:

True, but so far no new numbers out of Thailand: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

I worry they do not have nice numbers to present and are struggling with how to annonce this. Yesterday, they warned about a possible outbreak. This could be the next annoncement together with the new numbers.

Can try this for updated corona virus reporting.

https://tinyurl.com/uwns6z5

40 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Can try this for updated corona virus reporting.

Dude, it ain't nice to use URL obfuscators. Too suspicious, lots of malware gets around that way. Just use the direct one to JHU's dashboard.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

BDO is updated quicker but no map: https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/01/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

• Thanks 1