Full force of Thai immigration descends on little old lady trying to make ends meet

webfact

Try to look on the bright side. While I feel sorry for the old lady, we should applaud her and maybe put her on retainer for tying up such a big amount of the bureacracy. Helps us tourists and th criminals too, breathe easier since the guys are so busy elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, RedPill said:

... and right so. She knew that she broker the law, and now she got what she deserved.

Illegals and overstayers, we don't need them here, they all give us a bad name and only make immigration rules tighter ... right Mazzo?

Please tell me that you are being sarcastic. Please.

• Haha 2

It certainly demonstrates that a lot of immigration officials are sitting around doing nothing.

With Thai Immigration Bureau love of paper documentation you can bet they required the old lady to submit and sign at least 20 pages of documents before they deported her. The 6 Thai Immigration Bureau officials involved would have required at least 2 pages for each of them.

• Like 2

Meanwhile the foreign boiler room scammers and property fraudsters are allowed to continue with their work. The old dear didn't know where to pay the "tea money" ... if she's making 7.50 GBP per day she's obviously being exploited. 

I'd be ashamed to be in a photo like that ... a bunch of sad cases.

1 hour ago, smew said:

6 against one... silly people ….

No - much more than that! From the article:-

"Naew Na mentioned immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang first as being ultimately responsible. Then down through the ranks were ten other officers whose names and ranks were all highlighted. They needed to be helped by staff from the labor department and protection agencies." 

(Presumably they thought the little old lady might have been armed with a pair of chopsticks or some other equally deadly weapons!)

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

Her employer probably left her no choice and this poor woman was breaking the law employed by a Thai for 300฿ per day so she was mainly trying to survive. 

There are many poor people surviving back in Laos who are not breaking the law. She did have the choice not to break the law. I don't know her story, so I can't judge too harshly … I'm only saying that there are often consequences for knowingly breaking the law. I have had a number of Thai friends who knowingly broke the law by working illegally in Singapore. They were poor by Singaporean standards (as many Lao are poor by Thai standards), but they also knew the risks they were taking and were prepared to face the consequences if caught. They did not indulge in self-pity nor would want the pity of others. I would have felt bad if they were caught, but I would not have blamed the authorities for enforcing laws that all knew were in place.