Full force of Thai immigration descends on little old lady trying to make ends meet

webfact

Give an inch /Take a mile!

it works on both sides of the fence, Why should lenience be given to anyone who is breaking the law?

we always see comments here about getting rid of law breakers but because It’s An old lady you get <deleted> off ? 

BUT same as any other country...Laws of immigration are serious and this old lady broke them!

You can’t pick and choose based on your own opinion LOL

Edited by Tambs2020
Spelling

Did you not know that Thailand is bereft of crime so they are catching the small fry now. Everyone knows that there is little or no crime of any sort in Thailand now due to the splendid efforts of the RTP an IO officers. They are now working on the bugs and dust on the leaves as the root of criminality in Thailand has been truly routed. Hooray 3 cheers for a splendid job well done.

I have seen the same 7 or 8 African dudes at the 7/11 between Suk Soi 15 and 17 for years. They sell drugs right there. Openly. No one ever says anything to them and they only bug or it seems to me that they only approach White farangs.

I see this and then I see what happens to people like this little old lady and others who just want to hang out in Thailand for a while.

Then I hear the Righteous Masters of the Universe saying; "It's easy. Just do the right thing. Get the right Visa. All will be ok."

And I think to myself; "Someone is full of <deleted>."

Perhaps, I should just become a drug king pin in Thailand and I can come and go as I please.  Pay off the right crook and all is forgiven. WTaF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tambs2020 said:

Give an inch /Take a mile!

it works on both sides of the fence, Why should lenience be given to anyone who is breaking the law?

we always see comments here about getting rid of law breakers but because It’s An old lady you get <deleted> off ? 

BUT same as any other country...Laws of immigration are serious and this old lady broke them!

You can’t pick and choose based on your own opinion LOL

Funny.

Because that is exactly what happens.

46 minutes ago, aussienam said:

I tell you who the real foreign criminals are:  The ones who have managed to launder money into Thailand - the proceeds of their crimes back in their home/other countries, where they then set up legitimate businesses in Thailand to work/retire and live like Kings and line the pockets of others.  Many stick out like the 'proverbial' - the ones who boast about their success, covered in tattoos (include a few jail tattoos if they've been unlucky in the past!), wear expensive jewelry to show off and are generally lacking in an education that is on par with their wealth!  There are exceptions of course but this town is full of crooks IMO who don't have to scrape and live in poverty.    

Nope.

The real crooks and gangsters are the guys and gals who try to cross over into Thailand without the correct Visa or for too many days in an ambiguously non-prescribed number of days or months in a given physical, social, fiscal or calendar year.

Those are the bad guys.

And the folks who mismanage their calendar and stay 32 days instead of 29 or 30.

And the guys who go to Phnom Penh twice in a row to get SETVs.

Now thems is some criminals. Can't have those scum in the country.  LMAO

• Like 1

Correct me, but in the past 3- 4 years there hasn't been a single fat fish arrested.
Be it drugs, money laundering or corruption.

But now finally, an 61 year old foreign woman is caught who works without work permit, for 300 baht a day on a construction site.
Triumph.
Definitely gives a shiny medal for everyone.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

What an absolutely pathetic situation, huge team of immigration plonkers, aided by labour department, and protection agencies.

This country is going to the dogs, an older lady being hounded by a large group of men , when all it needed was 1 man, or maybe they were scared she was a martial arts expert.????

There are many scum pigs in positions of authority in this country that beat their wives in front of the children and also leave bruises on the children. I know of some situations personally. Big tuff men that like to hit women and children. Such a disgrace to the mother's that raised these piglets.

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Bad guys old ladies out!

Immigration seem to be totally out of control these days.

Looking to jail and deport the most vulnerable of people for the most trivial of offences.

What government official in their right mind would want to be photographed oppressing a little old lady?

Their parents, wives and children must be so proud of them.

Step out of line, and you're next.

Government and right mind should not appear in the same sentence, they are like the rest of the nation totally uneducated. In other words thick as <deleted>.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

An informant had phoned in a telephone tip resulting in the raid. 

THere it is, nowhere to hide in thailand for us foreigners anymore.  Thai immigration will find us easy and fast as all of Thailand is watching and monitoring our movements 24/7/365

Why are Expats leaving and Tourists not coming?

Is it just the high Baht, or is the Thai authorities treatment of people a factor?

Do they not realise that in this day of social media such incidents get spread around quickly? Dont answer that.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

What an absolutely pathetic situation, huge team of immigration plonkers, aided by labour department, and protection agencies.

This country is going to the dogs, an older lady being hounded by a large group of men , when all it needed was 1 man, or maybe they were scared she was a martial arts expert.????

Referring to the goons as plonkers, is an insult to Rodney Trotter.

They had a tip off and had to act on it; not doing so could be disastrous for their career in this present climate. I’m sure they were shaking their heads in disbelief and would rather not have had the job of hassling this little old lady or the obligatory photo shoot. They don’t look too proud about it, except for the young dude on the left, he seems to be loving it.