Video: Twelve year old thrown off motorcycle as woman does unexpected U-turn

webfact

Video: Twelve year old thrown off motorcycle as woman does unexpected U-turn

4pm1.jpg
Thai caption: thrown off in collision
Picture: Naew Na

Police in Loei have charged a 41 year old woman with negligence after she performed an unexpected U-turn that caused a collision with a 12 year old boy on a motorcycle. 

The boy was taken to hospital in Udon Thani but is now recovering and is out of hospital. 

Police said that Amornrat was behind the wheel of a Mazda 3 and was returning the vehicle to a friend after having it cleaned. She went past her turning and was going back when the collision with the Honda Wave occurred. 

4pm2.jpg

She will have to pay compensation for the boy's medical treatment and has also been charged with negligent driving.

The incident was caught on video and happened at Phra Yai in the Tha Lee area of Loei in Thailand's north east.

It was posted on the Facebook page of Panuwat Klakhangphlu. 

Source: Naew Na

• Sad 5

15 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

............returning the vehicle to a friend after having it cleaned.   I hope she tells the friend how the dents came to be in the nice clean car.

Now it needs a lot more than a cleaning.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

Two stupids here the one doing the U turn and a 12 year old riding the bike ,The parents need to be bought to book!

Why? The boy was ok. Did nothing wrong. Maybe even wear a helmet?! So what?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Checking before you take an action is just not in Thai DNA. 

Even worse, our loudmouth crazy old 'auntie' says it's not necessary to check and it takes too much time.

She's caused several accidents because she refuses to check and has told cops 'I don't agree with having laws about anything, it's up to me, and if other people get injured it's just bad luck and their own fault for having bad karma'.

You have one very sick Auntie !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

You have one very sick Auntie !

True, and I could, but won't share numerous other incidents with this nightmare woman. Part of the story is that other family members won't travel in her car when she's the driver and my son refuses to take her in his van.

• Like 2