Plunge in arrivals from China may lead to Bt100 bn loss for tourism

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

As this is China's fault they should be held liable for any losses (Human or financial).

I had the same thought in my head and fully agree with you. I wonder how international law would view this. They own this one, cut and dried.

• Haha 1

The one thing that can absolutely be guaranteed, is that long after Thailand thinks the Corona Virus has been cleared up and stopped, Tourists will not flock back to a Country where they will not feel safe. Maybe, just maybe the Chinese will, but not a too many others.

This effect will be compounded if TAT continues to chase the Chinese Yuan, at the almost total exclusion of all other currencies.

Look what chasing the Yuan got Thailand ( and the rest of the World ) this time ... 2019 N CoV virus, and the conditions for such things to rear there ugly heads again within China,s Borders will continue to flourish, as there is little will to change from either the Government, or the Population of the Country.

And TAT think that the next " walking wallets " coming to Thailand will be from India.

There really are no words.

23 hours ago, Susco said:

I wasn't aware they ever rejected western tourists.

All I know is that Western tourists either couldn't afford to go holiday in Thailand anymore, because their currencies tanked massively against the Thai Baht, orr they were too cheap to spend the money.

Take note the visa regulations everyone get on his high horse about do not affect a TOURIST.

A few years ago they came out with a statement saying they no longer needed the western tourist as the Chinese market is so strong.