Beyonce and Jay-Z 'disrespect the flag' as they sit during Super Bowl National Anthem

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I'm a Brit and I think the US is the best country there is, as long as the Dems are kept out of power. They're all US haters as proven by this couple of clowns in the picture.

so you have FREE healthcare, free education, a pension, social services in UK, no crazy gun killings/school shootings EVERY WEEK

but you think usa with no FREE healthcare, no free education is better

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pinot said:

They've been big Kap supporters. I say, good on em.

Jimmy G has shown what an utter failure Kap was as an elite level player.   Went from serial cellar dwellers to within a couple of minutes of winning LIV, with 80% of the same players. Kap knew he would never leave any kind of football legacy, so makes a name by embarrassing himself and not standing instead.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, daoyai said:

they see themselves as royalty, they should show more gratitude to the nation that has given them everything... anyway, they and their supporters are a lost cause.

How has the Nation, almost always something that describes the country and the people ruling it, given them everything?

I must be totally wasted, because I was under the impression they earned their bucks from ticket sales and their hard work as well as creativity.
(On the other hand it has been a hard 14 days trying to fight the novel Corona Virus with booze. Still alive and kicking, though. So, sorry if my now more or less permanent condition of a drunken state made me miss something.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Had their ancestors remained in Africa, do you think they would have been very rich entertainers now?

So, now you are trying to say that America is the white mans land? Sounds to me you have been taking to many punches to the head. ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There is no reason to bring racist innuendo into this. 

What racist innuendo? Black boots refers to intolerance on the part of the couple. As in nazi-boots. If anything, the racist shoe is on the other foot.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bullie said:

What racist innuendo? Black boots refers to intolerance on the part of the couple. As in nazi-boots. If anything, the racist shoe is on the other foot.

I don't see any intolerance on their part. I see from you a transparent and untoward attempt to racialize this issue. We don't even know as yet if this was some kind of protest either. As I said before, if it was a protest, I think being the public figures that they are, they should have at least explicitly explained that. For all we know they just were so absorbed with each other that they spaced out. Or something else.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Interesting. Try that in some countries and you'd likely get a kicking. Even if rich and with bodyguards.

No one forces them to stay in the US. They're wealthy enough to go and live somewhere else. 

Slavery was a blot on humanity. and not just the US, but around the world. Modern day slavery still exists. But, wonder, had their ancestors not been kidnapped and enslaved  but remained in Africa, what their lives would be like today?

Ignorance and disrespect, to make what IMO, they see as a "fashionable" statement.

Many native Americans probably have a very different view of nationhood than white citizens of European descent as do African Americans something a lot of entitled white citizens might do well to remember. The fact that you imply they should move somewhere else tells me what your concept of freedom is. And who are the triggered snowflakes now ? Somebody didn't stand for the anthem and you are sobbing all the way to your MAGA rallies. Grow a pair and move on ....

p.s it is not some other country but the US Land of the Free !

https://www.history.com/news/native-americans-genocide-united-states

Edited by URMySunshine

18 hours ago, daoyai said:

they see themselves as royalty, they should show more gratitude to the nation that has given them everything... anyway, they and their supporters are a lost cause.

Absolutely! Beyonce and Jay-Z are just what they are, and always have been, and always will be...disgusting!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Death penalty?

All the others please note, it is a piece of cloth, stitched, printed, dyed whatever. CLOTH - nothing more. 
Not everyone NOT standing up, NOT saluting, NOT doing-whatever is a NON-patriot. You also do not have to appear in church while still being a believer in the faith. 

No other problems, it seems ................. 

• Like 1

Nationalism has very few benefits but comes with huge drawbacks if we look at the 20th century. 

I personally don't like the flag of my country as it doesn't represent me nor do I particularly like the national anthem. But it's a free country so I can still stay there. I never chose it. I was just born there. Much as these nationalistic U.S. citizens posting here about the respect you owe to a piece of fabric were just accidentally born in that particular country. 

• Like 1