Pattaya encourages Chinese to overcome coronavirus crisis

webfact

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I have an idea, How about they all get together and encourage the Government, both local and National to clean up the place and get rid of all the touts, sharks, corrupt police, ets, etc. 

Farang think too much....will never happen here....too many big snouts feeding in the trough  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, petermik said:

You ain,t seen nothing yet...give it a few more weeks :thumbsup:

The world is tooling up and getting healthcare facilities to cope with coronavirus vs non-coronavirus cases. China has thankfully given us some breathing space to get ready. But pandemic is now baked in I fear. 

Edited by URMySunshine

But they still have the Indians. Weren't they the new target group ? But maybe these are now scared coming  to Thailand. Well, maybe we westerners could help out. If you say sorry kicking us out of Thailand over the last few years.????

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

makes me sick to see them waving those commie flags.

And to think...not too many years ago waving the red flag would have gotten you thrown in prison. But how wonderfully far we've come....and now we're sure to see many, many more of these flags in the future. Before long they'll be everywhere. Thank you general for blessing us with your boundless wisdom and leading us into the light.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

How about asking them to stop eating meat for a year?  If you want to be healthy in China, don't eat the meat.  On the way to work, would see people heaving their cuts out, blowing chunks.  All the years I lived there I never got sick once. 

Which is strange because in 13 years here I've never seen that once anywhere in China I have traveled. I guess it's the company you keep. Saw a young kid puke on a bus once, but maybe that's not so unusual.

By the way, 'zhong guo jia you' doesn't mean 'China, dont give up.' It means 'China, put in oil.' Their way of saying make a greater effort. Usually used at sporting events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

How about asking them to stop eating meat for a year?  If you want to be healthy in China, don't eat the meat.

You'd have the same response if you asked them to stop breathing for a year!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, yellowboat said:

How about asking them to stop eating meat for a year?  If you want to be healthy in China, don't eat the meat.  On the way to work, would see people heaving their cuts out, blowing chunks.  All the years I lived there I never got sick once. 

Really has nothing to do with eating meat but more like their total lax of common hygiene .  I think the WHO should send over Dr's/Nurses and have them show on say TV movie theaters the proper way to clean animal products and prevent disease in their homes and cities with proper sanitary methods  like no spitting/<deleted>ting in streets. Washing hands regulary and especially after going to the bathroom or handling foods. Maybe common sense to us  but seems not to them.  All these Bird Flu, SARS, Swine Flu , Corona Virus cases from China. They need better sanitary conditions/knowldge  to stop spread of disease.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

makes me sick to see them waving those commie flags.

They waved the rising sun in the 1940's.  They waved old glory during the Vietnam war, and now they are waving the Chinese flag.  Do you see a pattern ? It is this personality quirk that makes the Thai master class so endearing to its neighbors. 

To be fair to China in some way, they have kept world wide inflation down by keeping the prices for electronics low.  Manufacturers are highly competitive within China, always trying to out do one another.  The government does shield them from the outside world, but not from each other. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I have an idea, How about they all get together and encourage the Government, both local and National to clean up the place and get rid of all the touts, sharks, corrupt police, ets, etc. 

Call it an election , ensure it's done in a free and fair matter and allow Parliament to legislate for good government. And whilst we're at it allow the people to determine whether to govern as a republic. And then I woke up. 

• Like 1

Did you consider that the mayor was told to do something visible, by higher ups, to show Chinese tourists they are still welcome in Pattaya?  That is a sharp departure from my own country where even looking Asian is reason for suspicion and fear even when it involves long term residents.  Kudos to the mayor for doing this nonsensical request in such a low key manner.  The temptation to overkill must have been strong.

3 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

But they still have the Indians. Weren't they the new target group ? But maybe these are now scared coming  to Thailand. Well, maybe we westerners could help out. If you say sorry kicking us out of Thailand over the last few years.????

there is a high amount of Indians with TBC...

just what thailand need more off