PM Prayut points to panic caused by fake news as worst aspect of virus crisis

webfact

From the linked OP article:

"The most important thing now, said the Prime Minister, is to take good care of the public in Thailand, as he dismissed allegations that the Government has been hiding the truth about the number of confirmed cases in the country."

Whether true or not, it has been posted on TV numerous times that the daily confirmed cases report from MOPH is fudged.

Edited by SkyFax

1 minute ago, IAMHERE said:

Seems so far this fake news stuff is being spread by the internet. Is there anyway the internet can be shut off until the virus is gone ? ????

Don't tempt fate, without it you are left to the fake cha cha news. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

I am not quarrelling with you, but I must warn you,” said the Prime Minister, apparently referring to those who disseminate distorted, inaccurate or false news about the virus on social media.

Imagine if the PM took a wider view on this matter and started going after people "who disseminate distorted, inaccurate or false news" in general? A not insignificant population of TVF would be in his spotlights.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Farangwithaplan said:

Imagine if the PM took a wider view on this matter and started going after people "who disseminate distorted, inaccurate or false news" in general? A not insignificant population of TVF would be in his spotlights.

Looking in the mirror would be a good starting point

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, justin case said:

no new thai people infected ...now that is fake news

A few Thai people I know really believe this and are so proud of the fact that Thailand is the country with the best control of the virus. I tell them to wait 14 days and THEN if there are no more cases they can say that.