Democrats condemn Trump at trial as threat to American democracy

webfact

48 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Even if we take your figure of 70% it doesn't matter what 70% of voters want when it comes to the senate trial. Just as the Supreme Court isn't run by a majority poll. The voters choose people to do this for them when they elect the officials. 

The checks and balances worked just as the founding fathers intended them to. Ranting on and on won't accomplish anything. Let's see what the people really say in November.

You are correct, and there is an election coming.

And in the interim more news of Trump’s crimes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Well, if the Constitution required Amazon to be a nationwide service and to deliver not only mail but letters to areas where it makes no economic sense you would have a better point.

And maybe you think Amazon's inhumane treatment of workers is a good thing? Amazon is a bottom feeder and it chews up its warehouse workers.

Good point about Amazon. The way they treat their workers is awful.  My husband's sister has a son who worked there. They track you every second. If you go to the bathroom too much your pay gets docked. After you punch out they make you wait for a security check. Sometimes half an hour.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Amazon pays the best wages around. If you lack skills and your only way to earn is to rent your time Amazon gives a high premium for jobs requiring only opposable thumbs.

In fact the pay is higher than what Bernie pays his staff.

I see you are into your spirited defense of a corporation again, last time it was Boeing, until your defense became untenable.

Let’s see how this one runs.

• Confused 1

I posed the question if a Democrat president behaved in the same way that Trump has would the Republicans respect the Democrat's right to rule in the same fashion. I referred to Trump's attempted extortion of the Ukrainian president.   So far I have had one response suggesting that that I am a poor loser and a crybaby..   I have no skin in the game so it is not mine to lose..  If Bernie Sanders were to become president.. like it or not it is a possibility.  If he starts implementing his policies by executive order are the Republicans going to accept that as the new order?  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see you are into your spirited defense of a corporation again, last time it was Boeing, until your defense became untenable.

Let’s see how this one runs.

Everything you eat, wear, and use to entertain yourself come from a corporate structure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

The voters choose people to do this for them when they elect the officials. 

The checks and balances worked just as the founding fathers intended them to. Ranting on and on won't accomplish anything. Let's see what the people really say in November.

Trouble is "the voters" only have 2 choices and both are corrupt in their own way. 

Checks and balances hasn't gotten anyone in the USA free health care or higher education as most every other first world nation provides.  Military and armaments come first, and the 535 members of congress take care of themselves second.  Got to have a congress even if they are not serving the people.

Their only concern is having enough corporate backers to get them re-elected every 4-6 years

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Trouble is "the voters" only have 2 choices and both are corrupt in their own way. 

Checks and balances hasn't gotten anyone in the USA free health care or higher education as most every other first world nation provides.  Military and armaments come first, and the 535 members of congress take care of themselves second.  Got to have a congress even if they are not serving the people.

Their only concern is having enough corporate backers to get them re-elected every 4-6 years

Nothing in this world is free. No nation on earth provides free healthcare. What differs is simply how it is paid for.

• Like 2

Git to hand it to 

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Good point. Amazon comes to mind. From where I'm standing, the two major parties have implicitly (if not explicitly) agreed to an incredibly low standard for the American people.

Yes; got to hand it to AOC. She was able to save New York from Amazon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

American democracy, that system needs an overhaul, badly.

Get rid of those old f@rts in senate for example.

No more then 4 years for every politician/senator/governor or anyone else owns one of those seats.

Just before they get greedy and abuse their power for favors in their own benefit and want to stay in that system forever.

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Confirming your insightful observation, the Democracy Index downgraded USA from full to flawed democracy since 2016. Defined as issues relating to underdeveloped political culture, low levels of participation in politics and issues in the functioning of governance. 

And?

• Like 1