Do Thai women prefer ‘farang’ or Thai men? And why?

webfact

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Most women will choose the man that has the most money they can find.

As for 'handsome young white guys' they always seem to have fat ugly girlfriends either from their home countries or from here. I'm thinking the reason being white guys are fairly desperate for pussy and will take anything that's offered. Our countries and culture appear to be breeding nations of weak men with no ideas of 'self worth'.

You almost read my mind. I should have added I have noticed as well that when the Western guys bring their girlfriends on a holiday with them from the home country she is quite rarely a looker either. I think young men have been conditioned to the feminist imperative, body positivity etc. Add to that the lacking social skills due to internet and app dating and the result is that they are willing to accept almost anyone.

I don't completely agree on the money issue as you make it sound as if every female is a pure gold digger. Very young women prefer mostly looks and 'exciting' guys. That's why a penniless car mechanic or a juvenile offender can get hotties. Women's needs start to become more materialistic as they get a bit older, for obvious reasons.

10 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Thai women want the cash of falangs, but prefer Thai husbands that's what many thai women have told me.

Could it be possible that you might mix with many of the wrong sort of Thai women.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

My experience has been....the richer the girls family,  the less they prefer/or are interested towards farangs.

this is simply stating the blatantly obvious.

and it is no different for well-off indian, japanese, english, jewish, catholic etc, etc families.

people want to continue their lineage and financial dynasty within their cultural group.

sure, inter cultural relationships are becoming more common, but parental pressure and the opinions of older generations will always put pressure on an offspring to marry within the culture. 

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

this is simply stating the blatantly obvious.

and it is no different for well-off indian, japanese, english, jewish, catholic etc, etc families.

people want to continue their lineage and financial dynasty within their cultural group.

sure, inter cultural relationships are becoming more common, but parental pressure and the opinions of older generations will always put pressure on an offspring to marry within the culture. 

There is some truth to what you say.

To be sure in older times that was also true in Western culture, where inter racial marriage, especially in the higher social strata was frowned upon. But look at today, where Prince Harry married a mixed race American, despite the horrible British tabloids, they made it a success, and indeed in most of US and UK society it's an accepted fact

But in a lot of Asian countries that inter marriage thing is still somewhat problematic.

Thailand is odd, since you have more often than not, the old farang with the young poor Thai woman. That's not a normal relationship, and indeed while accepted in Thai culture, it's also viewed as a 'transaction' rather than a real relationship.

Women want successful men. Full stop.

It doesn't matter much what his nationality is or what his appearance is like. They will choose the most successful guy they can find.

It goes back to the caveman times. The guy who offers the most security gets the woman. It could be through his size, height, strength, power, abililties, social rank...but he has have achieved something which offers her security.

To put it in a way you guys can understand: for women, success is like big tits.

Now, before someone says, "Hang on, what about the ones riding around with a guy on a Honda Wave?" Well, I believe that is, in her opinion, the best guy she was able to achieve. They can't all ride around in BMWs.

And to answer the OPs question in more detail, I would say most Thai women would take a successful Thai man first because he has a good position in society, a senior rank. This will be more attractive to 9 out of 10 local women than just being the "farang's wife." 

I am sure there are exceptions of course.

Edited by FruitPudding

6 hours ago, Stygge said:

I'm 64 and came to Thailand for holiday and met a 23 year old beautiful girl with a university degree working in an insurance company in Bkk earning an honest 35 000 bath a month. We stayed together for almost 4 years now

2017-05-20 17.51.20.jpg

She will be chuffed to bits you’re advertising her on here I’m sure 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

And to answer the OPs question in more detail, I would say most Thai women would take a successful Thai man first because he has a good position in society, a senior rank. This will be more attractive to 9 out of 10 local women than just being the "farang's wife." 

But the successful Thai man will probably have 5 or 6 women on the go.

Some women aren't keen on sharing.

20 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

In many a Thai/Farang relationships, at least in my experience, it tends not to be about love, and as the age difference widens, a purely financial transaction

In any relationship where the woman is over 25 years old, it isn't about love.

17 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

There is some truth to what you say.

To be sure in older times that was also true in Western culture, where inter racial marriage, especially in the higher social strata was frowned upon. But look at today, where Prince Harry married a mixed race American, despite the horrible British tabloids, they made it a success, and indeed in most of US and UK society it's an accepted fact

Thailand is odd, since you have more often than not, the old farang with the young poor Thai woman. That's not a normal relationship, and indeed while accepted in Thai culture, it's also viewed as a 'transaction' rather than a real relationship.

Bit early to call Harry’s marriage a success. She’s a money attention monger on a bigger scale but essentially the same. 

Yes its a transaction and that fine. Why some of the foreign husbands spend so much time trying to pretend otherwise is a mystery. It’s a long term rental contract with some paying a larger deposit (sinsod) than others. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Stygge said:

I don't think you'd recognize her on the street from the pic. 

No but I’m sure someone will recognise her on here from one of the Apps and have a story to tell. 

Ps most genuine uni educated ladies with serious careers wouldn’t be too impressed with her ferang top up posting her pics on here unless.........

43 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

No but I’m sure someone will recognise her on here from one of the Apps and have a story to tell. 

Ps most genuine uni educated ladies with serious careers wouldn’t be too impressed with her ferang top up posting her pics on here unless.........

You see the silhouette of a man and a woman. For identification purposes it's anonymous no matter what app you are thinking of. She has of course not consented to being exposed here. In the spur of the moment I made the decision. It was a reply to a remark about age difference in relationships and the statement that only whores go with men over 60.

9 minutes ago, Stygge said:

You see the silhouette of a man and a woman. For identification purposes it's anonymous no matter what app you are thinking of. She has of course not consented to being exposed here. In the spur of the moment I made the decision. It was a reply to a remark about age difference in relationships and the statement that only whores go with men over 60.

Thanks for confirming that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/5/2020 at 5:48 AM, webfact said:

Do Thai women prefer ‘farang’ or Thai men? And why?

Ugh, this again. Would be a breath of fresh air if the question was 'Thai or fellow SE asians' or 'farang or *insert some non-Thai group here*'.

Between Thai and farang or even foreigners in general... without watching the clip, I would say: (Thai) people would prefer a partner who they can relate with. That obviously means that speaking the same language, sharing the same roots, same class, same whatever is a huge benefit of people frome strange lands. They might be a bit exotic but foreigners also means lots of barriers, the most obvious one being language. But beggars can't be choosers, a farang might be a good alternative  or option if Mr or Mrs. perfect isn't within reach. Might even find a farang with a knight-in-shining-armour complex who not only offers you a roof and protection but a bloody castle. 

And sometimes.. love kinda just happens. It would be best to 'damn I need to find myself a *insert race or nationality here*!!' , go with the flow and see what life brings you. 

On 2/5/2020 at 11:57 AM, steven100 said:

they like the farang for the security ' money '   but they like the thai guy for the sex.   100% imo

No need to lump us under the same banner due to your own inadequacies........

I'm a US born Korean American. 36-year old. I get a new girl almost every week in RCA clubs for friends with benefits. In one year I already have 10 of them. We hangout, go to movies, go to bowling, have passionate sex all night, and depart in the morning. I openly tell them I don't want a relationship. Never met a girl who said she liked farangs. According to them they like Thais, Korean, and young Nippon boys.

Edited by murikamba
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, murikamba said:

I'm a US born Korean American. 36-year old. I get a new girl almost every week in RCA clubs for friends with benefits. In one year I already have 10 of them. We hangout, go to movies, go to bowling, have passionate sex all night, and depart in the morning. I openly tell them I don't want a relationship. Never met a girl who said she liked farangs. According to them they like Thais, Korean, and young Nippon boys.

Of course you don't meet them because you're not what they are looking for. I have on the other hand known many girls who like "farangs" and said it openly.

2 minutes ago, rabang said:

Of course you don't meet them because you're not what they are looking for. I have on the other hand known many girls who like "farangs" and said it openly.

Did you hear them say it in front of Thai men?

If not, then it wasn't 'openly'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabang said:

They would say it openly because you're a farang "handsome" man. It's a fact that Thai girls like Korean boys more than farangs. Don't you think there is an impact of Korean soap  opera and its popularity in Thailand. It is a cultural thing. There is no cultural connection between a farang and a Thai.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, murikamba said:

Yeh, RCA clubs is exactly where to look for a  responses from a good Thai lady.....  assuming you already searched the dumpster behind Nana.  Funny post.  Next?  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1