Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

13 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

The writing has been on the wall for quite a while now. I posted recently that I would be surprised if the authorities were not monitoring this site. What they would have read the past week would be justification enough for them to say enough is enough, let’s get rid of the lot of them. 

Keep up the good work boys. 

Lol, that is Anutin level buffoonery.

Are you Thai?

• Like 2

Listen to play along I would take it but can't he supply at least a free cheese burger because am going to have to carry that around like the Chinese do their flag. There's a price... and by the way grow a mustache...It goes with that suit... 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

There are 2 supposed facts I’m having trouble reconciling. 
1) very few people are wearing masks

2) masks are sold out everywhere or cost an exorbitant amount of money 

Any ideas?

1) It may spoil their hair

2) Its called capitalism. Supply/demand. Health is only for those who can afford it.

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Right.

Introduce hand cleaning into the immigration desk process and make it quicker. OOOkkkaayy.

Or maybe bring your own hand cleanser, clean your hands in the queue and after you get stamped in  and stop passing your personal safety to somebody else?

Too much to ask?

No. I already got 3 small 100ml bottles of hospital grade handsanitizer. Problem with that stuff: Its highly flammable (contains ethanol at > 95% by volume). So I wrote to the airport authority in Frankfurt and asked them about having that stuff in cabin as well as checked luggage.
Response: I MAY get my sanitizer thru the security check for hand luggage but the bottles in the checked baggage will most likely be removed (hazardous material) / stolen.....
So if security has a bad day (they mostly have) I will end up with NO sanitizer at all in BKK.....

Not as easy as it seems....

2 minutes ago, Peterbilt said:

Correct.
They not only want to look like civilized humans, they also want imported goods from "farangland". Why does a good nationalist Thai want to own and drive a car made in "farangland"?
Get a Thairung instead of a Merc, a Bimmer, a Rolls or a Bentley!

Power, not intelligence lurks behind the uniform!

• Like 2

I haven't read through all 29 pages of this discussion, so excuse me if someone might have covered this already...

What is the current situation on the ground? Are we compelled to wear face masks in all public places at all times or risk being rounded up by a "face mask task force" and immediately expelled from Thailand?... or risk being attacked by angry mobs of Thai people?

Some Pattaya specific information would be appreciated.

• Sad 1

Hopefully this will teach Thais and the Asian culture to cover their mouth when they cough.  Have hot and cold water in their restaurant bathrooms. How about soap, that’s a novel idea.  Sanitary does not come to mind when thinking about Thailand. 

Edited by 235291_1469957462
Added comment
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tropo said:

I haven't read through all 29 pages of this discussion, so excuse me if someone might have covered this already...

What is the current situation on the ground? Are we compelled to wear face masks in all public places at all times or risk being rounded up by a "face mask task force" and immediately expelled from Thailand?... or risk being attacked by angry mobs of Thai people?

Some Pattaya specific information would be appreciated.

Not Pattaya specific but could happen here

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Unbelievable! Where does all this hatred come from?

I understand when people talk in the kitchen, but this is on a government level. I'm speechless. 

Nothing new. 

You haven't listened enough. 

Sometimes higher than government level. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

It is unfortunate that the minister appears to have little understanding of how coronavirus is transmitted. ...or the limitations of efficacy of wearing a normal mask.
Seeing the problems in terms of race would also seem to indicate a lack of a scientific approach.
Coronavirus is highly contagious and the harm it can do to Thai tourism is already evident.
The ministers comments could undermine international confidence in Thailand's ability to deal with the problem

I don't think he cares about science...this is how he feels and what he thinks of foreigners...he wants us all out for good...He doesn't want to be part of the solution, he chooses to be part of the problem...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

The ministers comments could undermine international confidence in Thailand's ability to deal with the problem

Do you honestly think that a ****wit like this can be taken seriously? He is just opening the door to contempt!

• Like 2