Gov’t to initiate tourism promotion measures to counter coronavirus impact

rooster59

13 hours ago, samsensam said:

as opposed to kicking foreigners out for not wearing face masks... these guys need to decide what they want...

Surely what they want, wherever the tourists come from, is something like what they use to funnel cattle into farm building, so they can be connected up and milked in the dark, whilst kept a safe distance away from the locals, to avoid any undesirable cross pollination of DNA or ideas?

As few have already said , I thought campaign has already started with the health minister.

step one, hand out useless and contaminated face mask , of refused deport them .

step 2, when pointed out what a fool you are, refuse to apologise.

tourist will be back in droves 

• Haha 1

Instead of taking the mass numbers on a chart approach , Thailand needs to pay more attention to its niche markets. There are people doing a roaring trade even now in the niche markets. It all boils down to quality rather than quantity.

There are too many people approaching the tourism industry simply on monetary terms , invest X amount and get y in returns. This is what happens when its all about appearance rather than substance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cmsally said:

There are too many people approaching the tourism industry simply on monetary terms , invest X amount and get y in returns. This is what happens when its all about appearance rather than substance.

I even have the impression that these are all the people who invest in Thailand and not only in tourism.

They never do market research to verify that the project can be profitable

Worse, when they build something or buy one or more vehicles for commercial use, they never enter this investment in the calculation of the charges.
When I go to sleep in a roadside hotel or more distant at the edge of a very small road, I see a significant investment which will never be profitable with the rare customers.

• Like 1

In the immediate area around me there are still people buying up plots of land to build hotels. Small plot of land is minimum 20 million (more likely 30-40 million). Then you pay I guess at least 20 million to build and furnish something. So you are looking at an investment of 50 million. How the hell do you get that back. Then you have staff, utilities etc etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I see a significant investment which will never be profitable with the rare customers.

To avoid editing my previous message where cmsally already put a smiley on me, I add this:

or it is the recycling of dirty money, something unfortunately too common in this country.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

To avoid editing my previous message where cmsally already put a smiley on me, I add this:

or it is the recycling of dirty money, something unfortunately too common in this country.

In which case they would have to seriously fudge the books as they can't recycle anything if there are no guests staying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That's it, at least in Pattaya where I know the market a bit.

Unfortunately not only in Pattaya;
even here in Isaan; on road 227 between Kalasin and Phangkhon, a few km before arriving at Waritchaphum, on the right of the road at the exit of Ban Lao, a very large property whose former owner is in prison because everything was bought with drug money;
as it is very large, many buildings and a lot of land; it's been on sale for several years but nobody can afford to buy.

About "ban Lao" there are three in the same province, that of Sakon Nakhon; I can't understand how postal workers find the good one  if the postal code is missing or wrong on the envelope.