UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But Spain is in the EU?

I thought all things within the EU were written and decided by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels?

Are you saying this is not the case? 

You know by now that those brexitboys take every chance they can get to claim they are the only rightious ones ...????

man they go be dissapointed by opening next Barnier round ????????

They better check their suply of Prozac...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that Spain announced that everything would remain the same and nothing will change for the current UK retirees in Spain after Brexit 

Could be ...but for the new commers ...that could be a different matter and only the old & neecommers they can only keep resident where they are staying ...other E.U. country visit is under the rules that will play that time ...And Gentlemen of the Isle THAT shall depend from which action the glorious Britain has in mind or action taken .....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Could be ...but for the new commers ...that could be a different matter and only the old & neecommers they can only keep resident where they are staying ...other E.U. country visit is under the rules that will play that time ...And Gentlemen of the Isle THAT shall depend from which action the glorious Britain has in mind or action taken .....

I think you mean the otherway around and the rules might change for anyone that wants to relocate after January 1st 2020

and any action wouldn't depend on what the UK decides or doesn't decides

58 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, thats not correct .

Spain stated that they would keep everything the same as long as the UK keeps everything the same for Spanish citizens and the UK is keeping everything the same for Spanish citizens living in the UK ( now and after Brexit is completed )

Aha at least somebody who understand the game from " depending what you do to me , i shall decide what i do to you " 

That is what i meant earlier eith the ping-pong .....or can call it playing chess ...????

Congratulations Sanemax  your understanding is improving ....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

England will be bankrupt when Scotland leaves. Scotland will do just fine. We will keep free prescriptions and education and our NHS.

Currency? We better start our own because the pound will be trading on par with the Zimbabwean dollar after we leave.

Pretty sure the EU will welcome us back in no problem. After all we will have got rid of the English nationalists and will be a progressive nation not North Korea by the Thames.

Nnono ...we shall by that time the Scotts as member give the veto right as any other one to let make the descision what conditions to ask from the then Little England before allowing " to become candidate .....fun is all yours Scotts ...remember Bravehearts fait ...???????????? Serious restitution could be apropriate.....

O.K enough joking for now.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I think you mean the otherway around and the rules might change for anyone that wants to relocate after January 1st 2020

and any action wouldn't depend on what the UK decides or doesn't decides

Correct 100% about the last line ...all depends of U.K. .....but rememer Spain has some Gibraltar issue ...and now Greece want their stolen antiques back ....

It gone be a hot 4 months ..

4 months as then is last date for transition decision .... but pleas ,please dont extend as we finally wish to see thr results of a clif edge . Some economist s wish to study such event .....is lile a science study for them...

..????????????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Here the reason why U.K. can not have same Canada deal  as i said before joking way to shift your Island over there if wishing same...

But better explained than by me ????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/19/brexit-deal-different-ball-game-canada-agreement-eu-uk-brussels-trade

Brexit deal 'a different ball game' to Canada agreement, warns EU

Brussels aide says UK cannot have similar trade pact because of proximity to member states

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

They would be the Remainers who cannot accept any result other than a Remainer win, and they never will.

So anti democratic of them. You cannot change history, but if you are smart you can learn from history.

well billd766,

many are those who have had a go at changing history - and some have done pretty well

remainers or not, I don't know, but probably

at any rate,

quite some time has passed since Cameron urinated off after the counting showed a clear majority for Brexit,

time to saddle horses now and do the best out of it, in concerted action

it has taken quite some time, so far UK has reached the Brino stage (pretty much same as May deal),

but the Brexit stage may surface towards the end of this year if BJ sticks to earlier utterances,

(but you never know with politicians)

(seems trade deals might prove somewhat more challenging than many anticipated, (no surprise to me though),

too bad for UK really - WTO trading is no bloody heaven - better than zilch though)

Edited by melvinmelvin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

England will be bankrupt when Scotland leaves. Scotland will do just fine. We will keep free prescriptions and education and our NHS.

Currency? We better start our own because the pound will be trading on par with the Zimbabwean dollar after we leave.

Pretty sure the EU will welcome us back in no problem. After all we will have got rid of the English nationalists and will be a progressive nation not North Korea by the Thames.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Here the reason why U.K. can not have same Canada deal  as i said before joking way to shift your Island over there if wishing same...

But better explained than by me ????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/19/brexit-deal-different-ball-game-canada-agreement-eu-uk-brussels-trade

Brexit deal 'a different ball game' to Canada agreement, warns EU

Brussels aide says UK cannot have similar trade pact because of proximity to member states

Looks like another rule they just made up. More EU BS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vogie said:

BTW we are all very happy for you reminding us just how benevolent your government is with your pension, think yourself fortunate

Everything is relative. 

It seens you consider ourselves as fortunate. 

We  don't, 

we consider British pensionners as unfortunate. 

But every country government decide by itself what rules and regulations they wish to apply to their citizens. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ahh I see, I didn't realise the EU takes distance into account whenever they negotiate trade deals. I don't remember them measuring the distance to Ottawa and Tokyo previously ????

I suppose we will see more than that from the E.U. in the future. 

I think they will fight with any "weapon" possible. 

It is my opinion that the U.K. will do the same. 

We will have to wait how the relation between the E.U. and U.K. will "evolue". 

Sure is, both parties will claim :

"You started first". 

Or at least it is what we will, and are already, reading here.

Being selfish, I hope , the leaving of the U.K. from the E.U. won't change anything spectacular in my daily live, as the E.U. didn't and don't do,

so far. 

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ahh I see, I didn't realise the EU takes distance into account whenever they negotiate trade deals. I don't remember them measuring the distance to Ottawa and Tokyo previously ????

No they did not mesure it that time ...as they knew it was very far .... So not on our doorstep ....same goes for Japan .

But it looks you are stil not happy with the article explaination ......

Normally someone who leave ..has already another future or destination, partner ,in mind ...only U.K. not ...they think as an outsider they can change the Union they left .......pure delusionary thinking at it's best...????????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

quote "The New Thai Visa requirements will (Quite reasonably on this basis) require all retirees to speak at least basic Thai." Do you have confirmation of that in a link or something?

The problem with learning Thai is that it is a tonal language.

high tone,

rising tone,

neutral tone, 

falling tone,

low tone,

If, as most of us do as we get older our hearing gets less and if you are partially or completely tone deaf you will never really be able to speak Thai.

Many times I have tried to talk to my wife, son, friends in Thai, what I think I said is not what they hear. If you get some of the tones wrong, the sentence comes out completely differently and they look at me as though I am stupid, which in a way I am.

have you heard of the deaf woman with 19 kids? HUsband says do you want to go to sleep... or what? Wife says 'what'...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Sorry, the New Thai Visa requirements bit was made up, a bit tongue in cheek I guess!

It was just to make the point about learning others languages, if we require the Immigrants to do the same. Quid Pro Quo (Which Trump kept repeating when someone taught him what it meant!) and all that tit for tat, level playing field stuff.

Thai is hard, and tones are challenging indeed. My wife has pulled me up for saying something quite rude which is only a tone away from something friendly, more than once! The verbs on the other hand are absolute heaven compared to English verbs, thank god I learned English in school!

take 2 likes for quote of the day ' thank god I learned English in school! '

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Moaning?

We are waiting for Brexiteers to explain how they are going to address the issues they have caused. Somehow you have convinced yourselves telling the truth and asking questions is "talking the UK down".

Brexit is already a disaster. Job loses and costs are mounting. The price we have paid is already higher than all the contributions we have made to the EU while we were a member.

Its just part of the "short term pain". 

Tell me. When will the "short term pain" finish? 

germany's ZEW index showed a sharp downturn in expectations with the economic sentiment component reading at 8.7, well below the 21.5 expected by markets, and the Current Conditions component reading at -15.7, which is well below the -10.3 markets had expected.

ING economist Carsten Brzeski says Germany is now in danger of becoming the "sick man of Europe" unless structural reforms and investment are undertaken.

Euro kaput   Albania next up in EU  and Italy now second in contributions to EU      good time not to be there   Good one UK

The UK will wreck the economy of Spain  most of France   Low countries too,  as for Eire a basket case coming up if there ever was one

Edited by izod10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, david555 said:

No they did not mesure it that time ...as they knew it was very far .... So not on our doorstep ....same goes for Japan .

But it looks you are stil not happy with the article explaination ......

Normally someone who leave ..has already another future or destination, partner ,in mind ...only U.K. not ...they think as an outsider they can change the Union they left .......pure delusionary thinking at it's best...????????

Well, you should know.

38 minutes ago, izod10 said:

germany's ZEW index showed a sharp downturn in expectations with the economic sentiment component reading at 8.7, well below the 21.5 expected by markets, and the Current Conditions component reading at -15.7, which is well below the -10.3 markets had expected.

ING economist Carsten Brzeski says Germany is now in danger of becoming the "sick man of Europe" unless structural reforms and investment are undertaken.

Euro kaput   Albania next up in EU  and Italy now second in contributions to EU      good time not to be there   Good one UK

The UK will wreck the economy of Spain  most of France   Low countries too,  as for Eire a basket case coming up if there ever was one

Great news. The EU economies are struggling because of Brexit just like the UK. Hey but at least the UK was driving the bus when it went over the cliff.

• Like 1