Anutin blocks cruise ship turned away by three countries from docking at Laem Chabang

webfact

2 minutes ago, ExpatLife said:

Is it just me, or does this decision make absolutely no sense compared to other decisions made? Why stop 1 ship with a single possible case (from what I have heard) and not stop 3,000 daily visitors via air with multiple cases?

$. 3k times a fleecing station = piles o cash, 1 boat, meh. Money before safety, every time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BRUFC said:

Any ex. bookies on the forum? Who's the ante post favourite in the 'sack' race? Anutin or Army Chief?

Considering the army chief is best buddies with the TOP boss in Thailand he isn't going anywhere, and many people's favourite to replace Prayut at some point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Considering that they are still welcoming Chinese tourists with open arms, this decision seems peculiar. No cases were detected on this ship, and it has been out to sea for some time. And these folks were going to head directly for the airport from Chonburi. I would guess this is a PR stunt, to make up for his horrendous showing so far. This guy is beyond incompetent, and should have been replaced already, with someone who has experience in the health field. 

As I understand it the passengers were going to go directly to the airport to catch flights home. So they wouldn't be spending any money in Thailand.......No money no comey!!! ????????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The only way is for the ship to turn back and drop passengers off in the countries that they boarded.

Well, according to vesselfinder.com it was in Laem Chabang about 3 weeks ago ......

And at 3 hours ago, it was south of vietnam and still heading westward !

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

What a nightmare to be aboard that ship, not knowing where or when they'll be allowed to disembark. 

Luckily the Hong Kong embarkation was on the 1st February, 10 days ago. The incubation period is 14 days, I think, so they don't have to wait too long until they'll be considered safe.

6 hours ago, DrTuner said:

If it was a Chinese ship the military would be there spreading the red carpet.

Well, I'm glad that you have said this because I have just tried to write something similar on here and two other places and have been blocked. Maybe I should expect a call from someone eh?

3 minutes ago, androokery said:

I read the passengers are getting a full refund and vouchers for a cruise in the future. So two cruises for the price of none. 

That's called the corona special I believe, two quarantine zero baht tour.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Look at what's happened with the Princess Cruises ship docked in Japan... 

They haven't even tested all of the 3700+ passengers and crew on the ship, only those showing evident signs of illness. And the confirmed CV cases count off that one ship alone -- people who the Japan health system is now having to care for -- is now up to 135 people, and probably will climb even higher.

That tally alone is more than 4 times the current number of confirmed cases that Thailand is reporting at 32 for the entire country.

And within this post you probably have seen the answer as to why the Cruise Ship is being refused Docking.

Anutin is thinking that maybe, just maybe Thailand will end up like the Japanese Gov,t, and have to care for a load of sick passengers.

Not only would any possible sick passengers have to cared for, but also the non sick passengers and he Crew members. This would be a considerable expense in terms of not just the care, but Security measures Etc.

9 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And within this post you probably have seen the answer as to why the Cruise Ship is being refused Docking.

Anutin is thinking that maybe, just maybe Thailand will end up like the Japanese Gov,t, and have to care for a load of sick passengers.

Not only would any possible sick passengers have to cared for, but also the non sick passengers and he Crew members. This would be a considerable expense in terms of not just the care, but Security measures Etc.

Hmmmm....perhaps the bigger concern is infecting countless other people? 

Reminds me of the S.S. St. Louis, carrying nearly 1,000 Jewish refugees from Germany, turned away from Cuba, the USA, and Canada before the passengers were dispersed into France, Belgium, The Netherlands and some to Britain in 1939, just before the war broke out. Here's hoping the Westerdam passengers have a happier outcome. 

2 hours ago, doctormann said:

With a name like Holland-America, maybe it will become like The Flying Dutchman, condemned to sail the seas for ever - or at least until the quarantine period is over!

Flying Dutchman - is KLM still around? Maybe this one is the Floating Dutchman

2 hours ago, smew said:

Seems incubation period for coronavirus is 14 days: let them stay docked in Thailand for 14 days and then test everyone while getting off the ship.

Charge everyone 50,000 baht dangerous goods disembarkation and transport fee with proceeds to orphanages. 

With thousands on a ship, 14 days is meaningless if there is anyone testing positive. Then with this virus said to be infectious when an infected person is asymptomatic, we would need AT LEAST 14 days after the last sick one had been removed to see whether any new cases pop up.

26 minutes ago, placnx said:

With thousands on a ship, 14 days is meaningless if there is anyone testing positive. Then with this virus said to be infectious when an infected person is asymptomatic, we would need AT LEAST 14 days after the last sick one had been removed to see whether any new cases pop up.

So many of you are not keeping up with the latest news, that's not always reported in major media. You need to try Twitter. Or the WHO website. Read the latest the initially China  loving WHO leader Tedros has now said about the real dangers of this virus to the World. Go Read about the docked  quarantined vessel in Jspan. Read carefully. 

Since new cases have occurred on the Japan docked vessel the quarantine time resets for those  passengers and any nearby or the crew that have been serving  them.  Not sure how they have segmented the passengers and crew but they are going up for fresh air in groups. In Japan  the confirmed sick are removed to be treated in the hospital. 135 now which is no small burden.  Many of you think a simple  test  or evaluation  is all ready that's needed but this is not the case.  There are test kits that require special labs.  And trained technicians who are severely overworked all over the world. I asked why does Thailand have So many hundreds of suspected cases and not tested cases?  So far, I have not read anything about Thailand capability or time in testing or how many are being tested each day, or even the lab locations. 

This resetting of wait periods of the new 24 days could go on for months.   As many have posted on this thread  the new contagious time is reported to be 24 days.  This  is a much longer incubation period to many other viruses of the past.  I can only imagine the drop in future cruise ship  guests as long as this disease is ongoing and the full dangers not understood.  Let's see how long it takes the 70 million   quarantined in China test group to get things under control.  

I have read were many people's posts about this China virus on Twitter have been blocked and not posted. Two people in this thread have said their posts on Thai Visa have been blocked. Or deleted if they contained certain references about China. Very crazy time for sure.    

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chinese guests from China are continuing to arrive at my hotel on a daily basis.  So far, management has had no comment.  This virus appears to be highly contagious.  I have read that the staff on the Diamond Princess docked in Japan wear masks and gloves and practice sanitary procedures yet more people continue to become infected.  There has been no comment on how the transmission of the virus is happening.

Yeah, sense at last...... Where's the pratt now talking about how humanitarian Thailand is for not closing borders and stopping travel ?.........  Looks like it's getting too close to home boys.......   The latest out of Wuhan says that it might be time to hit Cowboy one last time then split to South Georgia........  

This is the link from 'vesselfinder.com.   

Today is Feb 11th. Any guesses as to her present location?

All I could see is that she was heading east off the very southern tip of Vietnam. Is she heading for  Ishigaki, Japan?

Where is this vessel. Anybody?

24 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Chinese guests from China are continuing to arrive at my hotel on a daily basis.  So far, management has had no comment.  This virus appears to be highly contagious.  I have read that the staff on the Diamond Princess docked in Japan wear masks and gloves and practice sanitary procedures yet more people continue to become infected.  There has been no comment on how the transmission of the virus is happening.

It wouldn't surprise me if the AC was assisting in the spead around these cruise ships

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1