Licensing Out An Intellectual Property Patent

Hello,

I live and work in Thailand and very soon I hope to be the owner of an Intellectual Patent delivered from the US 'UPSTO' organization. It revolves a new method of learning a foreign language.

Once I have my 'patent pending' with the US government, I want to approach Disney/Pixar in order to propose a licensing agreement with them.

This is no easy task. How would I go about doing this?

Is this something only a lawyer can do? Are there companies that specialize in brokering this type of deal / setting up a negotiation meeting?

If you have any contacts or advice, it would be much appreciated.

James

My 2 cents. Not knowing what your patent covers, it seems like you're trying to bag a whale. Which is fine, but I don't see why Disney/Pixar would be particularly interested in a new method of learning new languages. Not quite their forte. Possible brand issues when they associate with a product that is results oriented. Their Baby Einstein stuff is fairly low risk since the participants can't say, "hey that really wasn't effective." And if I'm not mistaken, that was an established company that they bought.

They're an entertainment company and not an educational company. The reward has to be worth the risk and from this, I would say not that great reward, but lots of risk.

But assuming you've got something they would want, really I think you have to find a company that can come up with the program and content. Then you approach Disney. Because my guess is, the program would have to be proven effective without the use of Disney characters before they'd consider it.

Why these guys and not some educational company?