Phuket Opinion: It’s been beautiful

webfact

4 hours ago, Deli said:

In fact, now we enjoy Phuket a lot, without the Chinese masses. It's a bit like in the good times. Wife yesterday said almost like 30 years ago.

Not really but a certain quietness and "visible" Western tourists make a difference. And good to see that places who never worked with the Chinese tourists but with

Westerners, are busy. Just wish it will stay like this.

Nice, esp as phuket still has many nice beaches to enjoy and I believe is the only place worth spending time in thailand

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Seems like a lot of Russians here, 

Yes. Certainly the main language heard on the beaches. I might even risk a day trip at some point, when the Russian numbers start to reduce at the end of this month.

Low season is going to be extremely quiet this year and I wonder how many small businesses will just give up, especially when they are paying rent for, effectively, nothing.

Of course the tourism minister is expecting Thais to travel domestically in large numbers and for the Chinese to return in double the numbers as soon as Songkran is over and the virus is controlled. ????

• Sad 1

I would rather MORE people have fun, than ONLY me while others are afraid of the COvid19.   I cannot take pleasure on a deserted beach while others cannot enjoy the same level of peace and tranquility.  I want all humans to smile, relax, and....

lol  

• Like 1

And now the Police and Military are doing their bit down in Rawai to squeeze as much money from tourists and locals as they can.  This in turn is causing some serious headaches for Thai business owners... good on ya guys for doing such a great job NOT 

16 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

And now the Police and Military are doing their bit down in Rawai to squeeze as much money from tourists and locals as they can.  This in turn is causing some serious headaches for Thai business owners... good on ya guys for doing such a great job NOT 

Military is doing what in Rawai?

On 3/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, Ventenio said:

I would rather MORE people have fun, than ONLY me while others are afraid of the COvid19.   I cannot take pleasure on a deserted beach while others cannot enjoy the same level of peace and tranquility.  I want all humans to smile, relax, and....

lol  

Relax, there are still places to go for people who cant take pleasure on a deserted beach:

China Beach.jpg

18 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

Wheres the military doing stuff in Rawai?

Watched the police pulling over people going through the circle underpass the other day, 2 Thais and about 10 or more that sounded eastern European, whinging like stuck pigs about being pulled up, especially the females, glad to see the arrogant pricks being pinged.

• Like 1