Makro temperatur check , fever = no groceries for you ?

justin case

Meanwhile:  At MAKRO, people with no gloves pawing through the raw chicken and pork.  Seriously!

And the dude putting raw beef in shrink wrap (employee) ??? ... no gloves.  

6 hours ago, petedk said:

Actually I saw one of the most disgusting actions I have ever seen in Big C on Saturday.

A Chinese (yes he was Chinese) man sticking his fingers into the raw chicken breast ( maybe testing if they were tender), from there he moved to the raw pork and picked up several pieces one after another with his bare hands, back to the chicken breasts, then his mobile rang. Hands in pocket and took out mobile phone without wiping his hands. Put phone away continued with the pork. Then moved to the vegetables and started picking them up. Not once did he wipe his hands.

I tried to talk to the staff about it, but all they did was shrug their shoulders.

someone pointed out makro ...and I go there often ... daily walk / groceries 

people taking porc / chicken with bare hands

funny as there are signs :  USE GLOVES

off course:  NO GLOVES

but most people double bag it, a bag as a glove as the food pincher (picking tool) is put back with handle into the meat ...

indeed, next to go put their dirty hands on the shopping cart, check veggies, etc ...

23 hours ago, CharlieH said:

They were scanning when I went to our Makro today, BUT, as I got there they just waved me passed ! which was actually daft as I do have a sort of cold right now and may well have had a temperature. Guess farangs are not considered a risk in his eyes...5555

They scanned me, but just shone a blue light, didn't touch.

On 3/2/2020 at 6:18 PM, CharlieH said:

They were scanning when I went to our Makro today, BUT, as I got there they just waved me passed ! which was actually daft as I do have a sort of cold right now and may well have had a temperature. Guess farangs are not considered a risk in his eyes...5555

same

23 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Bloody stupid idea.You want to stop people shopping because they have a temperature?FO! 

Maybe you will like Chine method for stop Covid 19 ?

Edited by ICELANDMAN

22 hours ago, alien365 said:

Unless they checked your armpit 37.2 is not considered a fever. To turn you away for that is ludicrous.

Dont forget , the people doing the checking are uneducated security guards. They are probably told 37 degrees is ok. Anything over: a big No.  They are not really allowed to think.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Went to the dentist yesterday. She scanned me, over 37.5 i guess no treatment. The world has gone crazy.

One of you has a degree in medicine, in a discipline whose core is sterile and sanitary operations without fail  The other .. a spoiled child whose life view is "Me Me Me" I want what I want now, and being "perfect" can simply NOT be infected.  Dude, I wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole, and if I did, I would burn it then wash my hands.

What I really don't undersrtand is: who on earth goes out doing errands etc with a fever?  When I have a fever I feel terrible and stay home. In a pinch I would at least take paracetemol first and so not have a fever while out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

What I really don't undersrtand is: who on earth goes out doing errands etc with a fever?  When I have a fever I feel terrible and stay home. In a pinch I would at least take paracetemol first and so not have a fever while out.

single parent with small child ?

fever fever, what is a fever ?  anything above 37.5 C ?

paracetamol stops your liver from working correctly ... thought you knew that

one of the most dangerous OTC and cause for many renal failures in the USA

Paracetamol overdose renal failure
In some cases, acute kidney failure may be the primary clinical manifestation of toxicity. In these cases, it has been suggested that the toxic metabolite is produced more in the kidneys than in the liver. ... The severity of paracetamol toxicity varies depending on the dose and whether appropriate treatment is received.

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2020 at 6:16 PM, ICELANDMAN said:

I not think is a bad idea temperature check on supermarket, for the first time the government make right

What does a temperature scan prove? That you don't have a fever.. And that is all. It in no way shows you don't have coronavirus. 

On 3/2/2020 at 6:13 PM, Chazar said:

I wouldnt go into anywhere where they wanted to scan me.

Good luck renewing your next vis extension then, immigration at chaeng wattana and many other places scan all comers as well.

What I cannot quite wrap my head around is that folks complain indignantly that thais are doing nothing to limit or prevent covid-19 transmission, however they react negatively when confronted with any safeguard that may affect them.

Besides, if you are such a sweaty out of shape wreck that a walk across a parking lot raises your temperature to levels that high you may be flagged as a risk, you have much more than covid-19 to worry about.