Pattaya: Saudi attacked then man claiming to be police sergeant starts making threats

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said they will wait to see the extent of the Saudi man's injuries before proceeding in the matter. 

But, they have a man claiming to be police sergeant that made this to a civilian? What are we waiting for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

It happens very often ...anyone can buy police uniforms, handcuffs and batons at the  market..lots of guns available too !!!!

Yes, sure. Even more strange why the police are waiting. Then they would really like to get him, right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

The Saudi should spread his story all over social and official media once back home to dissuade his peers to come over....since the place is becomming a no-mans-land with a disgraceful police service. Some may chuckle that a Saudi got knocked off, but it could be you the next time....and in another city maybe....

He may have to keep this one quiet as I believe there is still a travel ban for Saudis to Thailand, unless there are certain circumstances such as business, or health, which, of course, could be the case here. I had a Saudi work colleague who used to come here regularly, but he flew first to Goa, or Mumbai, then on to here. He did say if they ever see the Thai visa stamps he would get a five year travel ban.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, sure. Even more strange why the police are waiting. Then they would really like to get him, right?

DON'T you know what they are waiting for?????? It is normally transferred to 'Thai Cops' in brown envelopes.        It is called 'Incentive' or 'motivation'.   (They wait to see which side 'donates the most'.)         An everyday part of a cop's life in Thailand.     

I got 2 in my family in Korat --- I know.

• Sad 1

I would be interested to know whether anyone has ever made a payment to a 

policeman using a brown envelope. There are so many references to the 

stationery item, that the producers must be up there with the chang family

as far as revenue is concerned!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

77kaoded said that two men arrived in Soi Yen Sabai off Pratumnak Road in South Pattaya and started shouting that Nwaf. A.M.A. had allegedly rented a motorcycle then sold it. 

All this oil and money..... and fighting over a bike?

Edited by spiekerjozef
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Don't take things so literally, it is also called tea-money, surely you don't believe they buy tea with it? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The Saudi should spread his story all over social and official media once back home to dissuade his peers to come over....since the place is becomming a no-mans-land with a disgraceful police service. Some may chuckle that a Saudi got knocked off, but it could be you the next time....and in another city maybe....

"Pot calling the kettle black" springs to mind!!

On 3/3/2020 at 8:51 AM, bluesofa said:

Not only Pattaya.

In Udon they won't come out of the city at night for fear of being attacked by irate locals.

My family have phoned on two occasions only to have no response after reporting intruders.

What a scandal for an institution calling itself ROYAL Thai police.  Not ONE taxi driver uses a meter in Pattaya yet not ONE arrest.  At least in BKK there are reports of the odd 1000 baht fine.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Not me, I'm not a self entitled Saudi who thinks that the world owes them. probably got what he was asking for. Big problem in Pattaya with Arabs in that area playing whacky racers with their bikes at night.

49 minutes ago, mikebell said:

What a scandal for an institution calling itself ROYAL Thai police.  Not ONE taxi driver uses a meter in Pattaya yet not ONE arrest.  At least in BKK there are reports of the odd 1000 baht fine.

Maybe it is because NO ONE report it to the police & the press??? ????

36 minutes ago, snowgard said:

No because the taxis pay 16,000  per month so they do not have to use meter. This from a taxi driver.

9 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Rarer than surgical masks and rocking horse poo.

20 hours ago, snowgard said:

In BKK there is a hotline to report such crooks.  In Pattaya the taxi drivers brazenly erect signs saying how much a fare is without recourse to meters.  Do you think this is allowed to happen without police connivance?  Most institutions in Thailand are corrupt to the core; in Pattaya the police lead the way.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, kensawadee said:

DON'T you know what they are waiting for?????? It is normally transferred to 'Thai Cops' in brown envelopes.        It is called 'Incentive' or 'motivation'.   (They wait to see which side 'donates the most'.)         An everyday part of a cop's life in Thailand.     

I got 2 in my family in Korat --- I know.

Or just maybe ... it's too close to home :dry: