Anutin and the virus: Advises Thais to make DIY masks - that'll teach the hoarders a lesson!

webfact

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Well, if you don't know the difference between a face mask and a respirator, then I guess providing a source is a waste of time.

Try this one for a change

What is a face mask?

A face mask is a loose-fitting mask that covers the nose and mouth area. They have two ear loops that stretch around the ears to hold the mask in place. Face masks are designed to be used as one-way protection only, only capturing large particles or droplets from the wearer and preventing them from being spread to the environment. They are typically used to prevent the spread of common colds and the flu. Contrary to belief, face masks do not protect the wearer at all. Typically, most face masks do not have any protection factor assigned to them and are not NIOSH (National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health)-approved apparatuses.

What is a respirator?

A respirator is a tight-fitting mask that creates a facial seal. Each respirator, when used properly, will create a facial seal that will provide two-way protection, filtering the air entering and exiting the wearer at a level of efficiency designated by the respirator or filter/cartridge (half-face and full-face). Respirators come in three distinct categories:

Yes,a respirator i what i used to wear doing pest control back in oz,green a filter at either side and moulded rubber/latex,stops dust,gasses ect just about anything some of the pesticides i used stunk but with the mask on could smell nothing. Drawbacks are they are awfully hot and sweaty,very unpleasant if you cough and sneeze in one and filters are expensive and need to be regularly replaced.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The DIY masks would be one in the eye for hoarders, said the man who hopes to be PM one day. 

Listen, listen general, and another one who wants your place ... try to use the strongest glue you find to stick on your chair ....
I thought that with Prayut Thailand had already reached the bottom ... it's not like that ... it can go down more ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin also assured the public that Thai medications were effective, still in adequate supply and that the government is in control of the situation.

what is this guy smokin ?  

tell the public and the world how many suspected cases there are in Thailand - the ones that have not been tested but sent home and told to keep it to themselves or the fake new teams (police) will be arresting them.

Then based on solid data Mapping patterns - tell the public how many likely cases there are now that have not been detected or tested and have not made themselves known to heath depts. because they cannot afford the 9000baht for testing and the extra for treatment

Oh an don't bother with the usual 44 known cases of which there are still 11 being treated - that has changed little in 7 weeks - yes Thailand actually tested about 50 people- what about the rest ?

and what about the recent report of Thais infected with viral pneumonia - going from 0 - 3000 in the last 6 weeks - what is the status of these poor people and how many more are there ? - better not test them for covid-19 or you might have to report the true extent of infections in Thailand and it won't be pretty

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the man who hopes to be PM one day

he once again proves that he fits right in with the current regime in both skills and mental capacity. I believe he would make a perfect leader specimen since he ticks all the check boxes. Alas, he is no General...

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I hoarded masks over a month ago and really don't care if some peoples start making their own potentially innefective masks. 

I suggested 2 weeks ago to use panty liners lol

Maybe Analtin can give us all a demo if he approves the idea - preferably unused but some might like the used ones 

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Well, if you don't know the difference between a face mask and a respirator, then I guess providing a source is a waste of time.

Try this one for a change

What is a face mask?

A face mask is a loose-fitting mask that covers the nose and mouth area. They have two ear loops that stretch around the ears to hold the mask in place. Face masks are designed to be used as one-way protection only, only capturing large particles or droplets from the wearer and preventing them from being spread to the environment. They are typically used to prevent the spread of common colds and the flu. Contrary to belief, face masks do not protect the wearer at all. Typically, most face masks do not have any protection factor assigned to them and are not NIOSH (National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health)-approved apparatuses.

What is a respirator?

A respirator is a tight-fitting mask that creates a facial seal. Each respirator, when used properly, will create a facial seal that will provide two-way protection, filtering the air entering and exiting the wearer at a level of efficiency designated by the respirator or filter/cartridge (half-face and full-face). Respirators come in three distinct categories:

I have both and they both have their use when worn the correct way on the right occasion. A mask is not useless since it helps protect people around you and they are cheaper so can be changed more often. Mask are also more confortable and I would use them on a family member that is in self isolation and need care. The reason the media and government push the "mask are useless" is that their is insufficient inventory for everyone and if they are used incorrectly they might increase risks. However, if everyone would wear a mask even when asymptomatic it may decrease infection rate. 

Saying a mask/respirator is useless is the same as saying seatbelts doesn't prevent all death thus they are useless. 

Or how about Thais from now on making their cabinet ministers from a bit of cloth stuffed with rice straw? I promise: Not only would they be substantially cheaper (on the economy) but also at least as effective and competent as the real guys. Perhaps even more importantly: They wouldn't open their mouths and talk nonsense at each and every given opportunity.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

I saw this online the other day and am surprised Anutin hasn't recommended it

image.png.c8d83436599a840ae217c9aa83338bc6.png

Very good.

A-Nut-In here Anutin is not that far removed from 'our illustrious leader' the PM, who in 2014 arrested students for reading 1984. Some of those were charged with 'eating a sandwich with political intent'.

A few of years later he said that Animal Farm was a good book.

There must be an entrance exam that this group has to sit to prove they have no grip on reality.

That's what I've been looking for... The name of my new band....Anutin and the virus.

Not that I'm working of course. Contrary to my bail conditions, oh, I mean, extension of stay conditions....Just in my mind, I have a band, and this will be its name.

1 minute ago, Scott Tracy said:

That's what I've been looking for... The name of my new band....Anutin and the virus.

Not that I'm working of course. Contrary to my bail conditions, oh, I mean, extension of stay conditions....Just in my mind, I have a band, and this will be its name.

Or even: Just put two spaces in the first word: A Nut In....the funny farm?

DORNA gave him a four hour window to cover his aa2ss yesterday over last weeks statement that Thailand would be safe for the MotoGP and truly, he is in more trouble than Skippy on a push bike.

Sure he has a bright future. 555

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin also assured the public that Thai medications were effective, still in adequate supply and that the government is in control of the situation.

Coming from a health minister with an education and previous history in engineering he doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me!

So, is Anutin, calling the government, the military,  the hospitals and clinics all

hoarders?  Very brave of him.   I thought I read of where  he is now saying, masks are not

needed, unless you are sick.  Mr Flip Flop.

Geezer

• Haha 1