More than 1,100 Thai’s returning from South Korea before March 1st cannot be located

webfact

4 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

1181 whereabouts unknown? Welcome to the land of stupid smiles! 

and we wonder (and complain) why farangs are less and less welcome and immigration rules are getting more and more strict. 

Good man, plz crawl back under the rock in yr native country.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, robsamui said:

I've been waiting for some announcement like this - it's the front end of a gigantic face-saving exercise.

The current administration are totally out of their depth and have been looking for a way to explain the humiliating mass-infection that they daren't declare or even admit to. With everything "100% under control" ???? they can now blame it on the South Koreans.

22.jpg

agree

The Thai Minister of Health doesn't have any concept of the concept of unknown unknowns. The department seemingly bumbles from one catastrophe to another. One can reasonably question the effectiveness and qualifications of leadership.

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

BMW Smart Cars; they find lumberjack Joe in the sticks of anywhere so doing a run on Khon Thai is a walk in the park! Pathetic, to say the least! 

It is not Lumberjack Joe ..... 

it is Timber Jack Joe.... and unfortunately he died a few years back... I think his horsevTuffy outlived him,  but not certain.

Google has name

8 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

That just proves, how the Immigration / Government discriminates foreigners. All foreigners need to fill TM30, but Thai are actually not really

registered where they are.

Don't tell me the house book registration. That is nonsens, because most Thais live on different addresses.

Foreigners do not fill in TM 30's  these are for all householders to complete if they have a foreigner staying at their property. Don't call the Thais stupid if you as an educated farang can't get your head around it. 

The funny thing is that most, though I am sure not all, of these Thais did the same thing in Korea. They arrive with tour groups and then run away to get factory jobs and stay well past their 90 days. These are people that all immigration officers should view skeptically.

23 hours ago, saengd said:

Credit card companies usually have the customers address, it would be highly unusual that they didn't, even in Thailand. I suspect you're looking at things from an avoidance perspective, I'm looking at the issue of what most normal people might have.

I doubt that illegal Thai workers in Korea have credit cards in either Thailand or Korea. 

15 minutes ago, JohnFlory said:

The funny thing is that most, though I am sure not all, of these Thais did the same thing in Korea. They arrive with tour groups and then run away to get factory jobs and stay well past their 90 days. These are people that all immigration officers should view skeptically.

I think the Thais working in Korea did not just “run away and get factory jobs”. All set up for them prior. And probably did border runs the same as many on here do.As they are Thai they must be allowed back in regardless.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Xavnel said:

It is not Lumberjack Joe ..... 

it is Timber Jack Joe.... and unfortunately he died a few years back... I think his horsevTuffy outlived him,  but not certain.

Google has name

I was referring to the dress code rather than to the writer ......... - yes, Goggle has name! 

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

I think the Thais working in Korea did not just “run away and get factory jobs”. All set up for them prior. And probably did border runs the same as many on here do.As they are Thai they must be allowed back in regardless.

First of all, and I am in Korea now, there is no "border run" here as the only land border is with North Korea. Second, yes, some factory jobs are set up prior to arriving, but the tour group runaway is very common. My Thai wife is warned whenever she passes through immigration at Incheon airport. Immigration Officers flat out say Thai Tour Groups often have this occur. 

• Like 1

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed.

A post with a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

A post with an inflammatory comment to another member has been removed.