Soi Dog Foundation official statement on Covid-19 and the risk to animal health

webfact

Soi Dog Foundation official statement on Covid-19 and the risk to animal health

ByThe Thaiger

dog-cat-dental-care-hero850_orig.jpg

Sent to us from Soi Dog Foundation by Dr.Alicja Izydorczyk MRCVS…

There have not been any cases of suspect COVID-19 infection in dogs or cats in Thailand. At present, there is no evidence to show that companion animals such as dogs and cats can be infected with COVID-19. Additionally, there is currently no evidence that companion animals could be a source of infection to people.

The isolated case of a healthy pet dog in Hong Kong testing “weak positive” has not been confirmed and likely due to environmental contamination.

Note that the canine coronavirus (which can cause mild diarrhea) and the feline coronavirus (which can cause feline infectious peritonitis) are widespread in shelter environments around the world, though are NOT associated with the current coronavirus outbreak. All dogs at Soi Dog Foundation are vaccinated against canine coronavirus.

With regard to the precautions taken against the spread of the virus among humans, Soi Dog Foundation is closely following the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Dr.Alicja Izydorczyk MRCVS

International Director of Animal WelfareSoi Dog Foundation

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/coronavirus/soi-dog-foundation-official-statement-on-covid-19-and-the-risk-to-animal-health

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2020-03-05
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

At present, there is no evidence to show that companion animals such as dogs and cats can be infected with COVID-19.

NY Post

Dog in Hong Kong first known case of human-to-animal coronavirus transmission

CNBC

Edited by meechai

Meanwhile thousands of children (perhaps tens of thousands?) in this country are at risk homeless abandoned abused trafficked. Yeah let’s all focus on stray animals and to hell with your own species. <deleted> animal saviours!

• Like 2

Luckily the village were I live has no stray mutts,  they all gravitate to the local wat.  Besides any stray around here gets to meet my highly aggressive boy...who is the boss this end of the lane.  A red dog made friends with the wife out at the orchard and we fed him a few times but when he followed us into the village once he got to the house it was on!  The only thing that saved red dog was he had longer legs and could run a bit faster than Blackie. I like having dogs,  always had dogs was bought up around dogs but I know full well that there are way to many strays.  The government needs to get onto it!   And the same with monkeys where they are breeding out of control.  Sometimes Blackie needs a time out and sometimes just an hour or 2 with muzzle!

IMG20200303115422.jpg

Edited by Grumpy John
Smeling

Well done to Soi Dog for being honest unlike CCP China, Iran and these other gangster regimes who don’t want to test large amounts of the population for free or just panicking that if they tell the truth on how bad things are, they might lose their grip on power, which is all they care about, any body using an excuse to harm animals during this pandemic should be treated like a murderer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, humbug said:

Well done to Soi Dog for being honest unlike CCP China, Iran and these other gangster regimes who don’t want to test large amounts of the population for free or just panicking that if they tell the truth on how bad things are, they might lose their grip on power, which is all they care about, any body using an excuse to harm animals during this pandemic should be treated like a murderer

didn't China build extra hospitals to cope with the virus?

5 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

How about they use a picture of a real (flea-bitten and mangy) soi dog? I know I will get a lot of do-gooder animal rights criticism, but wouldn't it be great if they used this scare to wipe out this scourge on Thai cities and villages. 

Low life creep.

How about they use a picture of a real (flea-bitten and mangy) soi dog? I know I will get a lot of do-gooder animal rights criticism, but wouldn't it be great if they used this scare to wipe out this scourge on Thai cities and villages. 

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Meanwhile thousands of children (perhaps tens of thousands?) in this country are at risk homeless abandoned abused trafficked. Yeah let’s all focus on stray animals and to hell with your own species. <deleted> animal saviours!

Yes indeed, to hell with our own disgusting, degenerate species.

19 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Low life creep.

I guess you have never had your child chased by soi dogs and then been bitten and faced with a couple of thousand baht in hospital bills when you stepped in to save her. You can call me any names you want, but I wouldn't wish this even on you.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

People getting 'offended' will be dog owners who are almost always not animal lovers, if they were why do they eat animals? Soi dogs are a disgusting and growing menace but it's only gotten a lot worse since the 90's and there is a big reason for that, but we cannot refer to it of course.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 9:54 PM, webfact said:

At present, there is no evidence to show that companion animals such as dogs and cats can be infected with COVID-19.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/05/hong-kong-warns-residents-not-to-kiss-pets-after-dog-contracts-coronavirus

"authorities have warned people to avoid kissing their pets, but also to not panic and abandon them after a dog repeatedly tested “weak positive” for coronavirus."

So now we even have vetinarians spinning the truth to the Thai people.

20 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Luckily the village were I live has no stray mutts,  they all gravitate to the local wat.  Besides any stray around here gets to meet my highly aggressive boy...who is the boss this end of the lane.  A red dog made friends with the wife out at the orchard and we fed him a few times but when he followed us into the village once he got to the house it was on!  The only thing that saved red dog was he had longer legs and could run a bit faster than Blackie. I like having dogs,  always had dogs was bought up around dogs but I know full well that there are way to many strays.  The government needs to get onto it!   And the same with monkeys where they are breeding out of control.  Sometimes Blackie needs a time out and sometimes just an hour or 2 with muzzle!

Bragging about having an aggressive dog.  How deeply sad.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Bragging about having an aggressive dog.  How deeply sad.

Probably a 'rottie' or a 'staffie' named something like Tyson, Satan or Butch, dog lovers are often inadequate who need a dog to compensate for their own shortcomings

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Low life creep.

I am betting you're a dog owner.  I am betting you prefer dogs to humans.  Culling the wild dog population in Thailand will cut the number of road accidents; children mauling; disease spreading; litter spreading; noise pollution.

Thai authorities should have been doing this humanely for years.  They will argue Buddhism but it's really genetic laziness and stupidity. 

• Like 1