COVID-19: Most foreigners in Thailand are not wearing facemasks, those that are more worried about pollution

webfact

7 minutes ago, Cheesekraft said:

what is with the very misinformed people saying that masks do nothing? The WHO has explicitly said they do, and all healthcare workers are using them. 

Flawed logic because the CDC doesn't recommend healthy member of the public to wear them.

6 minutes ago, Cheesekraft said:

what is with the very misinformed people saying that masks do nothing? The WHO has explicitly said they do, and all healthcare workers are using them. 

Mask i used properly, changed every time you do something new, do not touch your mask with our fingers, and start doing something without washing hands before and after, do not pick your eyes, etc. Yes it can have a prevantive effect. But how most Thais use their mask ? It is false safety at its best. 

On 3/6/2020 at 2:39 PM, YetAnother said:

Thais will never get the idea that masks are useless against this virus

In a Central shopping mall at the moment. Prob 50% of Thais wearing one. It becomes a bit of an inconvenience for some when they have to lift it up to spit in the bin. 
Another I saw today having a p.iss and straight out with out washing his hands......but I’m sure his mask makes him immune. 

Fair play in general though as there is sanitizer free everywhere for all. 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:22 AM, Kadilo said:

In a Central shopping mall at the moment. Prob 50% of Thais wearing one. It becomes a bit of an inconvenience for some when they have to lift it up to spit in the bin. 
Another I saw today having a p.iss and straight out with out washing his hands......but I’m sure his mask makes him immune. 

Fair play in general though as there is sanitizer free everywhere for all. 

From my observations many wash their hands before going to pee.

35 minutes ago, cerox said:

From my observations many wash their hands before going to pee.

For many their personal hygiene is next to none and they have little education of it especially up in the sticks. If Corona reaches that far it will rip through villages in no time especially as they spend half their life in each other’s pits. 

COVID-19: Most foreigners in Thailand are not wearing facemasks, those that are more worried about how stylish they look pollution

At all times except when eating and especially in rooms with unpurified air I wear an N95 respirator which is re-usable and with replaceable filters. And I don't give a you-know-what what people think about it. It's also, in my estimation, offering some protection against bacteria and viruses as well. Haven't had even a cold in the past three years whereas, before I went hard-core-mask, I would regularly get one or two colds a year.

Edited by MaxYakov

• 3 weeks later...

Wearing face masks in confined spaces trains, shops, markets, etc. is both safe and polite. Wearing face masks outside in open areas where social distancing can be maintained is just useless.