Thai human trafficker sentenced in Switzerland for exploiting compatriots

webfact

7 minutes ago, legend49 said:

WE have been told many times there is no prostitution in Thailand. So where does she recruit people from? LOL.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

from poorer parts of Thailand

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The suffering she has inflicted on so many, should amount to 10 years per victim.

Get real: "suffering inflicted on so many" - are you referring to rip-offs (overcharged on flight tickets, visa etc.)? Because the "so many" went there with advance info and also hopes: they knew that they were going into prostitution, with large $$$ signs (CHF as it were) in their eyes, plus their families eyes, thinking that they'd return with pockets full of cash. It takes two to tango.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’d like to see asset seizure too, preferably through the Thai courts, because this is where her I’ll gotten gains will be.

And such action in the Thai courts has much bigger chance of being seen by more Thai folks and by would be traffickers and might frighten them off. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

Get real: "suffering inflicted on so many" - are you referring to rip-offs (overcharged on flight tickets, visa etc.)? Because the "so many" went there with advance info and also hopes: they knew that they were going into prostitution, with large $$$ signs (CHF as it were) in their eyes, plus their families eyes, thinking that they'd return with pockets full of cash. It takes two to tango.

How true of course but I wonder how many 'extra or increased charges / fees' popped out of the woodwork after they arrived.

• Like 1

The woman brought dozens of compatriots from poorer parts of Thailand to Switzerland, charging them exorbitant fees for travel and accommodation.

Thailand is currently making headlines all over the news. But wait, there's no prostitution in and outside of Thailand, done by Thais.

It seems to be fake news then. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Its called exploitation, slavery and trafficking. Getting sold and used as garbage doesn't justify it as you are implying.

Who doesn't want a better life? Your comment that it takes two to tango is ludicrous. I guess your just a real charmer.

Lets hope you don't get "Shanghaied" and used like an adult doll. Your freedom took away, all sorts of abuse and you were just hoping for a better job and a bigger salary.

I'm not implying anything, except the fact that in a vast majority of cases, when ladies go to earn "big money" in foreign countries, they know full well what they're getting into. People like the Thai lady going to jail in Switzerland are go-betweens who make a buck or three on "more know-how", maybe some connections plus a greedy character. Yes, illegal; yes, cockroach; no, I don't condone.

The words you use could come straight from a "human rights" NGO playbook ("getting sold", "used as garbage", "shanghaied", "used like an adult doll"). So you're living in an intact world, where everything is peaches & cream, everyone is just and morally straight (according to some higher authority, I presume), with just a few bad apples that need to be eliminated to make it all perfect and shiny? So sorry to disappoint you, but greed and going for the "big buck" is prevalent in every society around this globe. It's part of human nature, and it's been there since forever, and it's not going to go away anytime soon. Not on its own, and not by naïve politicos creating new laws by the dozen and expecting to be able to police them.

Well, maybe I'm a real charmer. Maybe I'm just realistic enough to see things as they are. And that includes the fact that it takes two to tango. One of 'em wants a better life, and is prepared to "do things" that you wouldn't bring yourself to do (good on you; you have choices). The other wants what's on offer and is ready to comply with the conditions (a.k.a. caugh up some money). Maybe you should go out on the street where these transactions are initiated and rescue some of those battered souls...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

The words you use could come straight from a "human rights" NGO playbook ("getting sold", "used as garbage", "shanghaied", "used like an adult doll"). So you're living in an intact world, where everything is peaches & cream, everyone is just and morally straight (according to some higher authority,

I guess you know nothing about me or the fact many posters on would consider me quite far right in my thinking and quite unforgiving.

14 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

Well, maybe I'm a real charmer. Maybe I'm just realistic enough to see things as they are. And that includes the fact that it takes two to tango.

Two to tango to get shafted and abused. yes a real charmer.

14 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

Maybe you should go out on the street where these transactions are initiated and rescue some of those battered souls

I am far from a preacher but when people are abusing and putting others into slavery there is no justification which you are justifying, as it takes two to tango.

Like people who end on the streets sadly, like many ex servicemen that fought and served their country. by your judging if people abuse them its partly their fault.

I can see you are not a charmer at all. It rhymes with bat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AsiaCheese said:

perhaps a % are voluntarily complicit but what is referred to in the story are not those. traffickers aka criminals make the most profit using enslaved women thus they have great incentive to trap and or trick women.

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you cant do the time, don't do the crime.

Slavery, as that's what it is. It is up there with paedos for me. 10 years is far too lenient. The suffering she has inflicted on so many, should amount to 10 years per victim.

don't get too excited. 

she was just another pimp, propably not a violent one, as the supply

of sex workers in poor - and rich! - countries is far exceeding demand.

i am sure that all her "victims" knew very well that they are going to be employed 

as sex workers, and were happy to work in a rich country like sweatzerland, 

where they can make 5 times more for the same work they did anyway in thailand.

her big mistake was not paying well, or some other business dispute.

in germany prostitution is 100% legal, and prostitutes are

even required to issue tax invoices.

as much as prostitution is disgusting, it is nothing like the "trafficked" movies. in most

cases sex workers know and want to work in that job.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

don't get too excited. 

she was just another pimp, propably not a violent one, as the supply

of sex workers in poor - and rich! - countries is far exceeding demand.

i am sure that all her "victims" knew very well that they are going to be employed 

as sex workers, and were happy to work in a rich country like sweatzerland, 

where they can make 5 times more for the same work they did anyway in thailand.

her big mistake was not paying well, or some other business dispute.

in germany prostitution is 100% legal, and prostitutes are

even required to issue tax invoices.

as much as prostitution is disgusting, it is nothing like the "trafficked" movies. in most

pimping is legal in Switzerland too, but there are strict rules to follow.

that woman probably did something wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

don't get too excited. 

Not at all ole chap.

I just get bored of the inhumane, rollocks some people spew on here.

7 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

So that makes it alright then.

What a caring compassionate person you are. I guess its alright for a guy to slap and beat a prostitute up because well as you say "they all knew what they were getting employed for" .

Another charmer. I hope none of your children fall the same way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not at all ole chap.

What a caring compassionate person you are. I guess its alright for a guy to slap and beat a prostitute up because well as you say "they all knew what they were getting employed for" .

Yes, it does actually, what is wrong with prostitution? It's legal in Germany and most civilized countries.

Come on, you don't believe this feminist fantasy, that humans are trafficked en masse and every woman in prostitution is there by force, surely?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:
7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not at all ole chap.

Yes, it does actually, what is wrong with prostitution? It's legal in Germany and most civilized countries.

Come on, you don't believe this feminist fantasy, that humans are trafficked en masse and every woman in prostitution is there by force, surely?

in your case ignorance is not bliss

• Like 2

Yes, it does actually,

What does.

what is wrong with prostitution?

Not arguing with that but this wasn't Germany and they were exploited. so your point is what are you just after an argument Grouse. If it is regulated fine. this situation wasn't. So again whats your point.

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Come on, you don't believe this feminist fantasy

Again what is your point. this article is not about feminist fantasy. Either you are just trying to pick a fight or just leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Next you will be saying nonce's are fine.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I guess you know nothing about me or the fact many posters on would consider me quite far right in my thinking and quite unforgiving.

Two to tango to get shafted and abused. yes a real charmer.

I am far from a preacher but when people are abusing and putting others into slavery there is no justification which you are justifying, as it takes two to tango.

Like people who end on the streets sadly, like many ex servicemen that fought and served their country. by your judging if people abuse them its partly their fault.

I can see you are not a charmer at all. It rhymes with bat.

We disagree on so many things, but on this you have my complete agreement.

It’s a matter of human decency.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, legend49 said:

WE have been told many times there is no prostitution in Thailand.

We have not been told that "there is no prostitution in Thailand", ever, by any authority, so why do posters keep promulgating that myth?  If we have been told it, please quote it, specifically.

Edited by Just Weird

37 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not arguing with that but this wasn't Germany and they were exploited. so your point is what are you just after an argument Grouse. If it is regulated fine. this situation wasn't. So again whats your point.

Again what is your point. this article is not about feminist fantasy. Either you are just trying to pick a fight or just leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Next you will be saying nonce's are fine.

It was Switzerland, so basically Germany, and in both places prostitution is legal.

The point is that human trafficking is a feminist fantasy. Do you seriously believe this aged Thai woman slapped the prostitutes until they were compliant? Is there any evidence they were 'forced' whatsoever?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1