Deputy minister denies role in hoarding of face masks for sale to China

webfact

18 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The whole bunch involved with running the country are as bent as nine bob notes, they couldnt lie straight in bed no matter how hard they tried..... A pathetic, sad bunch of crooks.

Colinneil...mate your laying it on a bit thick there.   Making the assumption they are all crooks when in fact some may not be...yet! 

• Haha 1

I was talking to a person from the affected region this morning and lots of Chinese men  are using women's pads (personal hygiene pads for those that aren't up with it) on their faces as they can't get masks, a sight to behold i'm sure.

Incidentially there is a shortage of these personal items in Australia along with toilet paper, baby wipes etc etc.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So THAT's where all the masks went to!!!!!  200 MILLION?????

How would any one Thai person have the ability to acquire such a massive haul????

Hmmm..... perhaps the government and/or its players have some role in this one????

I would bet my last dollar on that statement being true.

28 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Colinneil...mate your laying it on a bit thick there.   Making the assumption they are all crooks when in fact some may not be...yet! 

well, they are certainly being well trained - only the best experienced teachers are being employed.

49 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I know it's true because I saw it on (someone elses foreign language) Facebook...

What a witty remark - just one thing; The person hoarding the masks put it on their own Facebook page. It’s since been deleted. 

There is quite literally nothing they will not do to enrich themselves

These creatures, and unfortunately there is ample evidence concerning prominent members of the junta and ruling classes point towards it being the majority are completely without honour

If you use a trickle down approach and the think like a Thai where personal wealth is all important then you may surmise that the vast majority of Thai's in position of responsibility are corrupt self serving scumbags

That has been my personal experience from the local plod to the land office to inept and lazy people in the shops, not a rosy picture really....

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Agriculture Minister Thamanat Prompow on Monday denied involvement in the hoarding of 200 million units of face masks for sale to Chinese traders

No wonder all the shops are sold-out!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

hoarding of 200 million units of face masks for sale to Chinese traders.

Someone needs to swing for doing this... and publicly!

The officials have been arresting members of the public for doing just this, now lets see a level playing field!

Or will this be all a mis-understanding again?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy minister denies role in hoarding of face masks for sale to China

The very fact that he denies involvement means that it is a fact that it took place...

The PM must take very swift PUBLICLY TRANSPARENT action and someone has to be held accountable and removed from office!

In this time of health scares this is about as unjustified and inhumane as it can get.

If he does nothing then all the "public persons" who have been arrested for hoarding/selling etc  have the perfect defense and must be allowed to go free.

ONE LAW for all.

Edited by hotchilli

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

In Thailand? Really? Come on...

In a country that just ousted the only true opposition FFP upsetting 6 million voters, a plunging economy, non-existent tourism, a still high baht, Corvid 19, returning "Pee noi's" who vanish into thin air Thailand is in a bit of trouble.
If favourtism is shown to politicians hoarding and selling masks, but chooses to continue in prosecuting public offenders then it might just be the spark needed to set the fire!

Then again as you say, I might be peeing in the wind!