How Many People on This Forum Have the Flu or a Cold Now?

NCC1701A

13 hours ago, Ventenio said:

get in the SUN...Vitamin D all-day!!!  Do NOT exercise, rest, and ...  well, the bad news is that you will know soon if it's something you've never had before.  if so, go to the hospital.   We've all had the flu a lot, so you should know if it's "normal".   Corona isn't normal, I've read it makes you feel much, much worse.  

Here in Chiang May it's a difficult choice to make. Stay in home and get corona or stay outside and get lung cancer. 

• Haha 2

In early January I experienced a three week lingering episode of some type of flu. Slight fever, a bit of a headache, sore throat for a while. But the most bothersome problem was bronchitis with a cough (which if left unchecked can advance to pneumonia). I took an expectorant which brought the mucous up and out - continuously it seemed. Thank goodness I have had a thorough education in medical subjects on the Army and later in university. Soon as I noticed the phlegm turning yellowish-green, I went to the pharmacist who concurred that a round of antibiotics was needed to subdue the likely secondary bacterial bronchial infection that had set in. I bought a combo drug - Amoxicillin / Clavulanic acid. After five days of two big caplets a day, the bronchitis and mucous discharge dissipated. To feel well again it took an extra week - three sick + one recovery. My take on this is - it was a Big Pain in ass - what an aggravation!

But it was not near as bad as the bout with the Chikungunya virus last July/August. Which was a God Awful experience - much worse than Dengue Fever of four years ago. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i am checking back in on my topic to say I am still coughing but i am not get worse. 

thank you everyone for helping with reports on the flu situation.   

If it's on your chest consider taking Amoxicillin, I don't think we want any other illnesses on the go if we get corona