Strange immigration visit

So the background is i do owe a few it stores, yesterday 1 car stoped in front of my house and a guy came out of his car (i was in the garden) and he directly told me you have to rempve the company sign from your gate, and then he told my wife i was not able to work in thailand, we then showed him my workpermit and he said then it's fine, he said he needed to come because someone emailed them that i have no wp..

Is that npt saved in the database?!..

Does seem strange, arrogant and intrusive, who knows, but lies to protect a foolish decision to think you didn’t have a work permit, for your sign on your house, maybe a good nosey around for errant foreigners, one of the locals decided to give a few hints as to a foreigner living in the neighborhood and has a company, hint hint mr gestspo, maybe it might be an illegal operation, mr gestspo goes to said house, looks a fool, for questioning said Martian alien, when legal docs are produced,then uses an excuse for his low-iq, next time ask them for a warrant, you are legal, put them on the back foot

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, humbug said:

Does seem strange, arrogant and intrusive, who knows, but lies to protect a foolish decision to think you didn’t have a work permit, for your sign on your house, maybe a good nosey around for errant foreigners, one of the locals decided to give a few hints as to a foreigner living in the neighborhood and has a company, hint hint mr gestspo, maybe it might be an illegal operation, mr gestspo goes to said house, looks a fool, for questioning said Martian alien, when legal docs are produced,then uses an excuse for his low-iq, next time ask them for a warrant, you are legal, put them on the back foot

Of course to come across a foreigner without a work permit is inconceivable, to the foolish foreigners who cannot accept checks are required especially if a complaint is lodged

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

Probably some jealous person has reported you. Similar to the "report the overstayers".

Exactly my idea.

No wonder if they promote an atmosphere of snooping and squealing on foreigners.

Do you have a competitor in the area?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Of course to come across a foreigner without a work permit is inconceivable, to the foolish foreigners who cannot accept checks are required especially if a complaint is lodged

I would have though the first checks would be using a keyboard and the work permit database.

Then, at the end if nothing was discovered would be the time to call round and ask.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, 473geo said:

And if the boss says just have a ride out and check please we had a complaint we need to be sure?

Always amazes me there will be people on this board who were among those who crapped themselves when five minutes 'late' for work in the west, but are eager to criticise 'controls' in a country they choose to live ????

Never worried about being late for work, I'd just call in sick and take the whole day off.

Don't assume everyone does what you used to do.

As for some random person turning up at my gate.

You'd need to speak to my wife, it's her house, and she's not in ....... although I would show immigration my passport through the locked gate, after they'd shown me their ID and documents (cough cough on passport, sorry think I have the flu).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, humbug said:

Yeah, start questioning immigration. That's a good advise. Not! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nigel Sri Thanonchai said:

Work permits are issued by the Dept of Labour not Royal Thai Immigration and are not always in Sync with each other, kindly desist in removing my valid comments Ubonjoe ,you just might learn something

So surely the correct department to investigate would be DoL and the complaint should have been passed on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tagaa said:

A quick check of the Immigration database would have answered his question, but why do that when it gives him a perfectly good excuse to go to your house and hassle you.

I keep telling you all that these people don't want us here and would be more than happy if we all left. Problem is, is that when we do leave, there will be a huge sucking sound, which is the noise created when all our money gets moved out of the country. That will soon be followed by a huge sound of silence, which will be the sound (or lack thereof) they will hear when our money stops flowing into the country.

And the chance of a nice 2/3 hour skive off work!

It's a win/win for Somchai.

He gets to take time out of the day, doing nothing + gets to harass a foreigner with the off chance he might hit the jackpot and find illegal goings on.

Pats on the back would ensue and the obligatory photo op and fine etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

The Health Minister said so in his video tirade.....Foreigners go home...We don't want you here...

The actual reported statement was:

Mr Anutin said that those who refuse to wear masks “need to be kicked out of Thailand”.

The minister said that farangs who refuse to wear masks “don’t care about the big picture” and “they don’t have any consideration to the situation”.

Quite different, both in terms of the words and the meaning, than your misquote above. 

Again, your paranoia is telling, and likely explains your experiences interacting with those around you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, timendres said:

The actual reported statement was:

Quite different, both in terms of the words and the meaning, than your misquote above. 

Again, your paranoia is telling, and likely explains your experiences interacting with those around you.

You should note that I DID NOT QUOTE HIM. Please observe the absence of QUOTATION marks.

Again, not paranoid, just very realistic and observant. I believe what people say. I do not infer one thing when they say another.

• Like 1