Should the 90 day report be scrapped due to Corona Virus?

Well we previously had the suggestion of the TM30 being scrapped for the same reason!

As a person who does it easily on-line I don't have any issues.

Immigration is packed with people doing all manner of different functions ... most common is likely tourist extensions. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Many, many people have issues with that site. Should they be forced to visit immigration every 90 days and possibly catch corona from waiting half a day at their local office?? ????

Go to Jomtiem, they want you to sit outside under a tent in the heat. 

(Most seem to be ignoring the idea).

3 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Yes, the term 'User Error' springs to mind.

Perhaps they're just too old to learn how to use a simple computer system. ???? 

Oh I get the odd problem with it.... but usually it works if I try later. I guess it is mostly my error calculating the 15-7 days before, or some typo I make as I have over sized thumbs. 

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO they should scrap it for people who are on retirement visas, it's not like we are gadding about the country or are master criminals.

We are also the most vulnerable to coronavirus, which means we would also be burdening the Thai hospital system.

Having said that, I doubt logic will prevail.

A well worn subject, but there is no such thing here as a retirement visa. A retirement visa would be something you obtained one time which granted you permission to live in the country for the rest of your life, if you so choose. You get nothing from the government, except the right to be left alone and not molested on a regular basis by said government.

You would also not be entitled to medical services unless 1) you can pay cash, or 2) you have health insurance.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

It should be scrapped, but not because of Corona virus.

It is completely useless and unnecessary. I have lived in the same house for the last six years with no intention of moving, Why do I need to tell them, every 90 days, that there have been no changes and that every thing is still the same as it was six years ago. If I should leave here & move to a different house, I'll let them know. No problem with that.

By the way, the on line 90 day report does not work, so this is also completely useless.

I cannot say that I do not agree with you 100%

The above said, sometimes you have to shadow dance, POST works fine ????

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

just stay clean and away from crowds if you don't want to get it

Hence why I dont want to do the 90 day report. That was kinda my point when i made this thread.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

The site has never worked for me. Ever. and now I must visit my local office and put myself in harms way to comply with this requirement and potentially catch corona through no fault of my own. 

You can also mail in your 90 day report.

Immigration cannot stop requiring 90 day reports due the fact they are required by the immigration act. They might be able to waive the fine or allow doing them later than 7 days withoug being fined.

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Many, many people have issues with that site. Should they be forced to visit immigration every 90 days and possibly catch corona from waiting half a day at their local office?? ????

Yes, I have had problem with that website, so now I've switched to the Android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService&hl=en) with good results so far. I haven't been to immigration for almost a year now.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Hence why I dont want to do the 90 day report. That was kinda my point when i made this thread.

Yes you did, and I provided you with another alternative, suggesting you post it.

• Confused 1

The OP has an interesting point if one takes into consideration the warning about anyone over 60 avoiding crowds.

Jomtien is very good usually in and out in a few minutes.

But, it is generally packed most days with folks from all over the world conducting business.

Pretty claustrophobic environment.

Not complaining just saying it is a small space and I doubt was disinfected as Soi 6 was. ????

If they were to implement something with the reason for people to avoid infection, seems it would need to be much broader then just 90 day reports.  

So, I say no way no how.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tagaa said:

A well worn subject, but there is no such thing here as a retirement visa. A retirement visa would be something you obtained one time which granted you permission to live in the country for the rest of your life, if you so choose. You get nothing from the government, except the right to be left alone and not molested on a regular basis by said government.

You would also not be entitled to medical services unless 1) you can pay cash, or 2) you have health insurance.

I think most posters here would know what I mean by a retirement visa. If you want to pick nits, why don't you inform us of the terminology that is satisfactory to you?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Yep, when you're too late for the online report, it does say that. 

Mine's not due til Friday. Will try via IE browser, if I still have it.

Just tried it, no go.

Edited by stouricks

4 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

You can do it per mail too, or is the trip to the post office too dangerous?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1