What do people know about quarantine here, and how bad could it get?

4 hours ago, tifino said:

proably depends oupon where in the Departures Chain, that the Testing ocuurs? Is it Before CheckIn/ Before IO/ after IO?  

if 'after' then any detections would not be counted as In LOS - but in International 'Waters' (in flight)

'out of sight out of mind' Image result for blinker horse smile 

Total false information.

8 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

The current outbreaks across FL are interesting in that it's the hottest/most humid state and is similar to Thailand.

What we need to understand is that the heat (if indeed it does) inhibits the transmission of the virus it does not stop it.  But Florida  has and open border with the rest of the US and is a big tourist destination  from all over the country and the world, and a transient population. (for years we were snowbirds ) for those who don't know what snow birds are , as soon as it gets cold up north, many from Canada and the North East come to FL for the winter. 

So by the degree the the heat and humidity  reduces the transmission of the virus,  the interaction with the rest of the country and the world  increases it twofold, 

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What we need to understand is that the heat (if indeed it does) inhibits the transmission of the virus it does not stop it. 

What you need to understand is that the majority of learned scientists agree that there is currently no evidence for this vis-a-vis Covid-19.

Mayor of Bergamo (Lombardy, IT): “The acceleration of the number of patients in ICU is slowing down because we don’t have any place left [...] people who can’t be treated are left to die

Italy confirms almost 200 deaths in 24 hours

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/coronavirus-updates-live-u-s-cases-top-1-000-spread-n1155241/ncrd1155806#liveBlogHeader

US expert: New coronavirus deadlier than flu

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200312_23/

Super-rich jet off to disaster bunkers amid coronavirus outbreak

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/disease-dodging-worried-wealthy-jet-off-to-disaster-bunkers?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

What you need to understand is that the majority of learned scientists agree that there is currently no evidence for this vis-a-vis Covid-19.

Please provide links to articles where "learned scientists" claim there are no evidence that Hot Humid weather inhibits the transmission of the CoronaVirus

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Mayor of Bergamo (Lombardy, IT): “The acceleration of the number of patients in ICU is slowing down because we don’t have any place left [...] people who can’t be treated are left to die

Italy confirms almost 200 deaths in 24 hours

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/coronavirus-updates-live-u-s-cases-top-1-000-spread-n1155241/ncrd1155806#liveBlogHeader

US expert: New coronavirus deadlier than flu

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200312_23/

Super-rich jet off to disaster bunkers amid coronavirus outbreak

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/disease-dodging-worried-wealthy-jet-off-to-disaster-bunkers?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

they are prioritising younger over older patients. Here would be the same plus Thais probably

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do you have a source link? I'd like to check it.

Plus do you know their testing procedures? i could tell you what's happening in the UK, i have no idea here

As far as I know, in the UK people who suspect they may have contracted the virus are being

urged to self isolate, washing hands and not picking your nose are advised.

Could you tell me how to get tested as I've felt a bit under the weather recently.

Just now, shy coconut said:

As far as I know, in the UK people who suspect they may have contracted the virus are being

urged to self isolate, washing hands and not picking your nose are advised.

Could you tell me how to get tested as I've felt a bit under the weather recently.

In the UK you call 111, don't go to hospital or GP, if they decide to test you they seem to either come to you and test or you go into a drive through testing centre, or I've heard of testing centres set up where you go in. If they think you may be a timewaster like you they will likely put the phone down

20 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I see nothing in this link that suggests that 8000 people have been tested for Covid-19. As far as I'm aware the Thai government stopped updating this statistic weeks ago.

However, even if it were accurate, the UK had it's first case after Thailand and has already tested 28,000 people for Covid-19.

All public schools closed in Scandinavia, in Norway we have almost 700 infected now, the airports are also shutting down so you can't leave. Businesses are going broke.

Worst scenario since WW2. 

Edited by balo

There is simply no telling at this point. US arrivees being banned or quarantined in Thailand is possible, who knows. I have same question in my mind, though my planned trip isn't until July.

Assuming this corona virus behaves like other corona viruses, there will likely be continued spread in temperate climates for another 1-2 months before warm weather slows it down. 

SARS started in winter and pretty well ended by early summer, if I recall correctly.

• Like 2

this is the app we have been hearing buzz about.

Due to the outbreak of #COVID19, Ministry of Public Health has announced measures to monitor and control the widespread transmission of COVID-19. All inbound passengers are required to submit T.8 form via the AOT Airports Application”

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1238077323238354946

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

I see nothing in this link that suggests that 8000 people have been tested for Covid-19. As far as I'm aware the Thai government stopped updating this statistic weeks ago.

However, even if it were accurate, the UK had it's first case after Thailand and has already tested 28,000 people for Covid-19.

You really think no corona before UK find it? Many Chinese go UK.

Thailand find Jan 13 because we test first. When first testUk?

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You really think no corona before UK find it? Many Chinese go UK.

Thailand find Jan 13 because we test first. When first testUk?

A lot more Chinese come to Thailand, particularly from Wuhan. You say 8000 tests in Thailand, 28,000 in UK.

Edited by DannyCarlton