What do people know about quarantine here, and how bad could it get?

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:
Any help or opinions are invited. 

I have exactly the same concern, as i was supposed to book a flight in the next days.

Yesterday i talked with the lady at the agency, and she told me to wait.

It looks like a gamble, really.

• Like 1

As already mentioned, nobody really know.

A friend of mine who'd just been in the US for ten days was treated like shi_e when he came back at the airport.

Short after he came back to his province, his kids were sent home from school, as "some parents believed" that his two kids could have the virus.

I'm afraid this hysteric behaviour is going to increase. Best to read all about it and be informed.

Good luck!!

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am headed back to the US shortly.

If you arrive at the airport in #Thailand as a tourist or as someone just in transit, and you have a fever, you will be taken to a hospital for further testing and mandatory quarantine. If you pass the medical check at the airport, you can of course leave the country at any time.

Please note, they have now added extra medical checkpoints in departures at all main international airports. So, it is wise to check in three hours before your flight in case of delays being checked. If you have a fever, you cannot board the plane

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1237618472009506816

Thai Immigration has announced that all foreigners must now specify all the countries they have recently visited to filter out potential spread of #COVID19.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1237611007683387392

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Thanks 2

I just cancelled my trip to go to the US. I was to fly out next week with my wife and son. I think it's better to postpone any trip unless it's necessary. The situation will probably get worse in the US before it gets better. Why take the risk, when you might be stuck there. Who can predict if certain areas may be under lockdown or if airlines start cancelling flights to certain destinations. Stay put would be my advice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

As already mentioned, nobody really know.

A friend of mine who'd just been in the US for ten days was treated like shi_e when he came back at the airport.

Short after he came back to his province, his kids were sent home from school, as "some parents believed" that his two kids could have the virus.

I'm afraid this hysteric behaviour is going to increase. Best to read all about it and be informed.

Good luck!!

Care to explain how?

Did immigration treat him like dirt? What did they say?

Unless somebody talks a lot, nobody will know anything. I've never had any problems in Thailand because I'm not a blabbermouth who gives out unnecessary information.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Logically they will quarantine travelers from the US fairly soon. However, the US could pressure them not to do so or they might simply suspend visa exemption. 

US being added to that list seems quite possible.

5 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

No one knows. I am in a similar situation and I am just not booking a return flight to Thailand yet. I will see what comes of it before I make a decision.

As for the quarantine, I personally think that it would be easier for Thailand to close its borders to people arriving or having stayed in certain countries in the previous two week rather than force mandatory lock-ins inside Thailand.

But as I said, who knows?

Same situation, were planning to come to our Thai home April as we do every year.  We have suspended plans and are keeping an eye on the situation. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Not an issue at all. The US corona case situation has mushroomed to 1010 cases. Over 300 cases in the past 35 hours. And 30 deaths. They are becoming an epicenter, as they have just started testing. The CDC was unprepared due to the ignorance and hubris, from you know where, and their budget for epidemiology being slashed by $30 million over 2 years ago. 

Thailand is one of the safest places around, compared to the incredibly lame USA. 

We are in Florida right now, 20 min north of Daytona. Bike week is going on right now. Daytona is a zoo with bikers from all parts of the country partying , having fun and spreading whatever germs they brought from home states. IMO it is crazy. I think things will get a lot worst in the US before they get better. 

Personally, I think Thailand is safer, but I am concerned about getting stuck there and not being able to return in a timely fashion if I needed to. (my Daughter and other family are in the US,and if things got serious I want to be with my daughter,and sister)  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My question is, if I return in late April, and by then the US totals have skyrocketed,

Are you not watching the news?  America is on fire and will look like Italy soon.  The Deep State and Bureaucracy built into America has doomed our country.  My father will likely die soon.  

Oh, why is that?  I'm sure some <snip> here will tell me it's all made up, but he has only a few surgical masks (nothing) and he goes to kidney dialysis 3 times a week.  He has to go out.

Thank you Deep State.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I left Thailand 2 weeks ago to visit family and friends in the US and tour Peru.  I am on my way back to Thailand now.  My original return flight was on Cathay Pacific through Hong Kong. With all of the uncertainty, I decided I did not want to transit through any Asian country so on Monday I canceled my original flight on Cathay and routed myself through the UK hoping that I will encounter less hassles when I arrive in BKK Thursday morning.  Right now I am sitting in Heathrow waiting for my flight to BKK.  

Things are changing so fast that I would not fly out of, or into Thailand until things settle down.  I have another trip to the US planned for September. I think things will be better then

4 hours ago, tlandtday said:

What are you smoking?  Half a million chinese vistors to thailand and a lot still here.  You are buying the govt propaganda lol.  And how many test kits do you think Thailand has?  Not many because they haven't been aggressively testing.

Only flu here in Thailand.

????????????????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand is one of the safest places around, compared to the incredibly lame USA. 

I doubt that. It beggars belief Thailand giving carte blanche to Chinese tourism is safe, unless you believe in the official figures.

It's similar to Thai road death statistics, where only the people that die at the scene get counted.

• Like 1

I am in Europe now, but was supposed to travel to Las Vegas this week.  I cancelled the flight and hotel booking last week.

It's getting crazy over here now, people are not allowed to leave the country unless you have a good reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Coronavirus: Up to 70% of Germany could become infected - Merkel

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51835856

And of the 70%, how many will be affected in any significant way? Very, very few will be really sick as has been shown in other countries. For the vast majority it will be a couple of days of feeling sick and then back to normal.

• Like 1

Breaking news:  #COVID19 can be characterized as a pandemic

"WHO has been assessing this outbreak around the clock and we are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction"-

#COVID19

BREAKING

????
"We have therefore made the assessment that #COVID19 can be characterized as a pandemic"- #coronavirus
Edited by NCC1701A
  • Thanks 1

sorry spidermike but there is just nowhere to put this and they will not let me open new virus topics.

Travelers your policy may be voided due to pandemic being declared.

Captgiguiguiure.JPG

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Thanks 1