Covid-19: ALL fake news! Don't share reports of foreigners dying in Thailand - it's rubbish, say Thais

webfact

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I just got back from visiting some people in Nong Plalai prison. I am told that an entire wing has been emptied of people to house 8 inmates suspected of having the virus. I am hoping that they are just sick with something else, because if it gets going in there, thousands will get it in no time, given they are packed in like sardines. Keeping the lid on that one would be extremely tough.

TB is rampant throughout the Thai Prisons, and has been for many Years.

Prisons are one of the most contagious environments imaginable, so if Covid was in Prisons here, the result could be dire.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

All the non-Thai stations that broadcast on 'True' have been censored. France 24, Aljazeera, RT etc. As soon as a news thread about Thailand is about to be shown it is blocked; with a message apologising and that normal service will soon resume.

I haven't noticed that. I have noticed that BBC World News is delayed by 5 minutes and has been like this for many months.

The prisons thing is likely to become a problem not just in Thailand but around the world..

They're already having problems with it in Italy just this week:

https://time.com/5801183/italian-inmates-escape-coronavirus-riots/

Italy’s justice minister says 12 prison inmates died of drug overdoses and 16 others escaped during riots at more than two-dozen prisons sparked by new coronavirus containment measures.

The riots on Sunday and Monday broke out after corrections authorities suspended or limited family visits for two weeks to prevent the spread of infections.

https://time.com/5801183/italian-inmates-escape-coronavirus-riots/

https://www.wsj.com/video/italys-prisoners-riot-over-coronavirus-emergency-measures/BFE2D826-610D-434E-8ED6-3F592EFD6C76.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

All the non-Thai stations that broadcast on 'True' have been censored. France 24, Aljazeera, RT etc. As soon as a news thread about Thailand is about to be shown it is blocked; with a message apologising and that normal service will soon resume.

I have not seen that on Sky via Sophon.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As I have stated elsewhere, I keep hearing about the fake numbers in Thailand. Although I acknowledge it is possible, when you consider the staggering incompetence of the Thai army and administration, how would they be able to accomplish what far more oppressive governments like Iran and China were not able to accomplish? People are NOT scared of the army anymore. They are weak, and feeble. And they are despised. If a Thai person had a family member with Corona, in the hospital, who was seriously ill, would they not run onto social media and talk about it? Thailand is one of the most active countries on earth, when it comes to social media. I think we would have thousands of people blabbering on facebook, instagram, line, youtube, and others, about this. So, again, how would the hapless army be able to cover this up to the extent many suggest?

I am sure the numbers are higher than what we are seeing. But, how much higher?

but it is easy to cover up here because pneumonia is very common. both my boys have had it, one of them 3 times.

so if i go to hospital and get diagnosed with pneumonia, the hospital just has to say i have viral pneumonia and its not covid (the lie, maybe not even tested).

that would be accepted. not saying it is happening! but if it was very few thais would be suspicious because the public hospitals are full of pneumonia cases all year round anyway

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I just got back from visiting some people in Nong Plalai prison. I am told that an entire wing has been emptied of people to house 8 inmates suspected of having the virus. I am hoping that they are just sick with something else, because if it gets going in there, thousands will get it in no time, given they are packed in like sardines. Keeping the lid on that one would be extremely tough.

seems they were keeping the lid on it 

• Haha 1

As I have stated elsewhere, I keep hearing about the fake numbers in Thailand. Although I acknowledge it is possible, when you consider the staggering incompetence of the Thai army and administration, how would they be able to accomplish what far more oppressive governments like Iran and China were not able to accomplish? People are NOT scared of the army anymore. They are weak, and feeble. And they are despised. If a Thai person had a family member with Corona, in the hospital, who was seriously ill, would they not run onto social media and talk about it? Thailand is one of the most active countries on earth, when it comes to social media. I think we would have thousands of people blabbering on facebook, instagram, line, youtube, and others, about this. So, again, how would the hapless army be able to cover this up to the extent many suggest?

I am sure the numbers are higher than what we are seeing. But, how much higher?

when people you know have an illness and go to hospital who is it that tells what their illness is e.g. they have a lung infection, well a doctor of course, and if they die - what "exactly" they died of - a lung infection whether in hospital or at home - well a doctor, who is going to tell you if they tested them for covid 19 ?....did they or didn't they ?, do you think doctors here will say what they are instructed to say ?

The hapless army has zero control over facebook, instagram, youtube, or other forms of social media. If they make a request, they get laughed off the phone. Impossible to suppress this kind of information, in this day and age. Utterly impossible. China could not. Iran could not. And you are suggesting this feeble army is more powerful and more competent? That is an idea and concept that is impossible to comprehend.

it scares them enough not to talk about a close relative that they think just died of ***** ** a lung infection because they cannot claim covid 19 if they were not tested for it - yes you have a bad chest infection go home and take these antibiotics and stay away from other people.

It is therefore - fake news 

as the dumb farangs, i think we can talk about Corona in a general sense, BUT not talk about where or who we think has corona.  I'm ok with that.

If someone coughs and dies right in front of me, I'll say whatever BUT not Corona.  

However, we can all think for ourselves and leave whenever we want. 

as various ppl pointed out Thai hospitals are full with pneumonia cases yearround. now with the current MASS HYSTERIA for sure this hysteria will trajsform pneumonia patients into covid 19 patients, and of course the governement is covering it up! 

nonsense. when a farang dies why should it now suddenly he covid while previous it was normal that yes farangs die here bc a lot of old farang pensioners.

i do believe in mass hysteria and fake news, i dont believe too much "the governement and the hospitals" covering it up. Nonsense. The Thai are not alone anymore, the WHO and international medical proffesionals are all looking. If it smells like a cover up, i am sure they would talk about it. Sorry, its fake facebook news, and its good that the governement clarifies it with details. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1. Hundreds of thousands of Chinese tourists were ranging throughout Thailand as the COVID-19 virus infections explode in China.

2. If virus were transmitted so easily here in Thailand, thousands of Thais working in the tourist industry serving Chinese would have been infected.

3. Hundreds of those infected Thais would get sick with flu symptoms, and go to public health 50 baht per visit consultations at public hospitals where people sit in waiting rooms with hundreds of other Thais for hours upon hours.

4. Resulting in massive spread of COVID-19, where thousands, who were vulnerable because of other health issues and couldn't get adequate treatment, would die of lung problems and associated co-morbid conditions. No way Thai doctors, nurses, relatives would cover up a surge in deaths.

Massive death rate could still happen. But logically it should have happened already. Even if it does happen, healthy people with money to pay for treatment need not worry about themselves.

Edited by SometimezaGreatNotion
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, SometimezaGreatNotion said:

But logically it should have happened already. 

Yes, it should have, rather interesting, even the admitted PUI count around 2k is a bit low-ish. There might be some truth in the weather conditions delaying the spread. My guess would be one vector, dirty surfaces, is not operating optimally. The other such as exchange of bodily fluids, sneezing, staying in cramped spaces etc are still there.