3BB Revamps their Fibre Packages again

Mutt Daeng

From the 3BB website.

Add HBO Go for 39 baht per month to any of the GigaFibre packages.

3BB Fibre.jpg

Terms of promotion and service

• The 3BB GIGAFiber package is reserved for customers who are registered with 3BB in the form of individuals and in areas with 3BB network services.

• Apply for service via the 3BB Member app or 3BB Shop nationwide from 9 March - 30 June 63 only.

•  Customers will be entitled to borrow GPON ONT equipment worth 2,200 baht and will receive a discount of 5,000 baht for installation fees for new customers. Or receive a discount of 4,800 baht on entrance fees for current customers When agreeing to use the service for a consecutive period of not less than 12 months from the date of use of the 3BB GIGAFiber package. In the case of existing customers, the service period is 12 months from the date of using the service. E 3BB GIGAFiber. If the service is terminated or terminated before the expiration of the 12 month service period, the company has the right to charge an entrance fee and / or installation fee at the rate that has been determined. The net decrease in the proportion of users have used the service before. And must bring the borrowed equipment back to the company at the service center ofThe company in good working condition If not returned or the device returned is damaged, damaged, not in a good working condition. The user agrees to pay damages for the equipment that is borrowed to the company. Unless defects occur from normal use

• The GIGAFiber package provides speeds through the Gigabit standard via a LAN cable. Supports a minimum speed of 900 Mbps for Wi-Fi, compliant with Wi-Fi standards. AC1200 supports speeds up to 400 Mbps over Wi-Fi.

• The discounts received from this package cannot be exchanged or changed for cash or other discounts. 

• Customers are entitled to other additional services, 3BB WiFi and 3BB Cloudbox, free storage space of 20-40 GB. 

• The company reserves the right to amend, change or cancel promotion details without prior notice.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
Add T&Cs translated by Google
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Thanks for this.

Currently on 400/400 for 790 Baht per month.

Seems like a time to upgrade.

I'm also on 400/400 - I assume 790 is a typo as it should be 749 inc vat.

I've currently used the free "swop" function in the 3BB phone app to change to 500/300 and the 3BB speed test on my desktop (connected via cat-5e) shows I get about 520 down and 310 up. I tried to change to 600 down/200 up but still only get 520ish down and 200 up. I'm wondering if I need my 3BB router upgraded to get higher speeds than 500 down. My current 3BB supplied router is HG8045A running in bridge mode connected to an Asus RT-AC86U router. All cabling is cat-5e which supports gigabit speeds. Any comments?

Edited by Mutt Daeng

13 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm also on 400/400 - I assume 790 is a typo as it should be 749 inc vat.

I've currently used the free "swop" function in the 3BB phone app to change to 500/300 and the 3BB speed test on my desktop (connected via cat-5e) shows I get about 520 down and 310 up. I tried to change to 600 down/200 up but still only get 520ish down and 200 up. I'm wondering if I need my 3BB router upgraded to get higher speeds than 500 down. My current 3BB supplied router is HG8045A running in bridge mode connected to an Asus RT-AC86U router. All cabling is cat-5e which supports gigabit speeds. Any comments?

Perhaps change your cable to a good quality cat6?

I'm on 700/700 set as 900/500 (because you can never get past 930 mbps so why 1000 eh?) and I can get 920 mbps or so from speedtest using ac86u router in bridge mode but my router is fiberhome (black one with 2 antennas) AC1200.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, muratremix said:

Perhaps change your cable to a good quality cat6?

I'm on 700/700 set as 900/500 (because you can never get past 930 mbps so why 1000 eh?) and I can get 920 mbps or so from speedtest using ac86u router in bridge mode but my router is fiberhome (black one with 2 antennas) AC1200.

@muratremix thanks for the reply.

I was already contemplating changing the cable to cat6. My desktop is less than 2 metres from the Asus router, which in turn is next to the HG8045A router, so I would need only 2 short cables. As for "good quality" cat6 cable, are there any brands you would recommend?

Have entered a change request to 1000/500 yesterday.

Waiting for response.

So far I paid for 100/100 (590 Baht plus tax).

The got upgraded to 200/200 but now back to 100/100.

Enough for practical use, but for the prices offered I can't resist and try.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

This I don't understand.

Why were you downgraded back to 100/100 ? As far as I'm aware that package doesn't even exist anymore

Signed up on the 21 Feb

They agreed to install a week later. 

Never turned up. Finally contacted them. Waiting for parts. 

Another date agreed. 

Again never turned up or made contact. 

No reply to phone calls to the sales person. We are probably blocked on their phone. 

Paid up front of course for the installation and first month. 

Beware! 

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Have entered a change request to 1000/500 yesterday.

Waiting for response.

Enough for practical use, but for the prices offered I can't resist and try.

have exactly the same package 100/100 (200/200) back to 100 and 590 month for 1 year, coming for renewal at end of April, was thinking about 1000/100 for the same price, can one upgrade before expire date

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thanks, just applied on my phone app to change from 200/200 to 1000/100.

was ready to try, did it work or do you have to wait for any type of approval, had 100/100 and looking for the 1000/100

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

was ready to try, did it work or do you have to wait for any type of approval, had 100/100 and looking for the 1000/100

I got a message ...... "Please wait for our staff to get back to you"

So maybe it requires more than just flipping a switch at their end ..... was tempted by the HBO for an extra 40bht/month.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I got a message ...... "Please wait for our staff to get back to you"

So maybe it requires more than just flipping a switch at their end ..... was tempted by the HBO for an extra 40bht/month.

40 bath /month for all HBO stuff ? new movies/shows, everything? that's sounds like a good deal, worth to try, going to give them a call and see if I qualify for their promo

Edited by Mavideol
forgot to mention

2 hours ago, muratremix said:

Those deals are insanely good but require 24 month contract. 

Up until now, every 1 GB service offer I've seen from 3BB required a 24 month service commitment, either for new or existing customers. And I called them a month or so back, and was told/confirmed that the 24 month deal would still apply to me as an existing customer, if I wanted to upgrade to 1 GB service.

But in the details posted by the OP above, that now seems to have been reduced to only 12 months for existing customers.

In the case of existing customers, the service period is 12 months from the date of using the service. E 3BB GIGAFiber. If the service is terminated or terminated before the expiration of the 12 month service period, the company has the right to charge an entrance fee and / or installation fee at the rate that has been determined.

If it's really only a 1 year commitment, that I would go for, even in these currently unsettled/unsettling times. But especially right now with the way things are going in TH and the world, I wouldn't commit to a two-year service contract.

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

40 bath /month for all HBO stuff ? new movies/shows, everything? that's sounds like a good deal, worth to try, going to give them a call and see if I qualify for their promo

Not sure what 'HBO Go' is ...... seems to be streaming on all devices, tablets, phones, tvs ....... wherever you are.

As for length of subscription, I don't care been with them 8 years already.

And if I'm dead paying won't be my concern.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

I think all these new packages come with a 24 month contract - thats what i was told last week for the 1000/100 package

just visited their site and ALL the packages require a 12 month (1 year) subscription not 24 months

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure what 'HBO Go' is ...... seems to be streaming on all devices, tablets, phones, tvs ....... wherever you are.

I can't get any detailed info on that, that's why I asked, would like to know if need a new box, how it connects to the devices, etc., I remember last year they gave me a free 1 month access to it but had to be nearby any of their access points or something like that, tried it 2-3 times and gave up as it was not connecting, maybe they improved the service

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

I can't get any detailed info on that, that's why I asked, would like to know if need a new box, how it connects to the devices, etc., I remember last year they gave me a free 1 month access to it but had to be nearby any of their access points or something like that, tried it 2-3 times and gave up as it was not connecting, maybe they improved the service

The 'HBO go' app on playstore says much the same (doesn't connect).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

@muratremix thanks for the reply.

I was already contemplating changing the cable to cat6. My desktop is less than 2 metres from the Asus router, which in turn is next to the HG8045A router, so I would need only 2 short cables. As for "good quality" cat6 cable, are there any brands you would recommend?

Brand doesn't really matter, just don't buy cheapest of the cheap cables. If you can touch them before buy, you'll see the difference in terms of quality. I usually use modem-provided ethernet cables and they work fine. My NAS device is next to router so length is not an issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The 'HBO go' app on playstore says much the same (doesn't connect).

Most likely because it isn't 30 March yet.

By the way, the HBO go app and the 3BB HBO service are 2 different things.

3bb offers the service through their own cloud tv app' and which will also include the Thai film network Mono Max, which works only with your 3bb user account, while the HBO go app will work on all networks.

I was also told today by 3bb that in the near future all packages will be 1Gb download, only the upload speed will be different depending on your monthly subscription price.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Susco said:

Most likely because it isn't 30 March yet.

By the way, the HBO go app and the 3BB HBO service are 2 different things.

3bb offers the service through their own cloud tv app' and which will also include the Thai film network Mono Max, which works only with your 3bb user account, while the HBO go app will work on all networks.

I was also told today by 3bb that in the near future all packages will be 1Gb download, only the upload speed will be different depending on your monthly subscription price.

The advertising says 3BB offering is 'HBO go'. https://www.hbo.3bb.co.th/?lang=en

3bb.jpg

Edited by BritManToo