'People are terrified': Daily life on hold as Americans face coronavirus threat

webfact

40 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My GF is probably a lot cleaner in her body than you are in your mind.

Bodies even when not infected with unusual diseases are biologically filthy. We are a walking mass of bacteria and viruses. Our mouths are contaminated and the product of our bowels ................................

The cleanest thing that comes out of our bodies is probably urine which is normally sterile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meechai said:

Oh come now...While no Trump Fan none can blame the 2020 bubble burst on him.

This is the bubble that was reinflated since 2008 with the FED pumping 80 billion + per month for years into it.

This Virus is just the needle bursting what was going to burst very soon anyway. No repair was ever made after 2008 instead rewards were given to those that caused most of it.

This virus may be the needle but should not be confused with the bubble it is bursting which again was so ready to burst anyone would have to be blind to not know it was coming

555555....so you saw all this coming.  Then you must have been shorting the heck out of this market, correct?  Made a bundle?  Somehow, I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

60% of Germans will catch a cold or flu in any year and will recover, as they will from Corona. Nearly 1 million elderly Germans die every year, with or without Corona. No one bats an eyelid.  I don't think plunging the world into financial chaos is going to change anything.

Regarding your last sentence , but it will make huge money for some and wipe some huge debts , perhaps the reason for mass scare mongering and mass hysteria . 

try to explain madness of stockpiling toilet paper as if without it virus will kill you

5 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I don't think plunging the world into financial chaos is going to change anything.

Yes it will. It will make more people die, due to a higher suicide rate caused by economical losses and stress.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Henryford said:

60% of Germans will catch a cold or flu in any year and will recover, as they will from Corona. Nearly 1 million elderly Germans die every year, with or without Corona. No one bats an eyelid.  I don't think plunging the world into financial chaos is going to change anything.

I think it's because of more than just the virus. For decades the global community has had the benefit or at least the illusion of the "American Put" to kind of backstop against disaster, uprisings, military conflict, economic crises. When that global leader is exposed for being nothing but a hollow personaity cult, inept in the extreme save for it's kleptocracy then people, institutions and governments reassess their options. Sometimes right quickly. It'll sort itself out. Might take awhile.

• Like 2

Yes, ten times is the most optimistic number. Very bad but much better than a hundred times!

It's also possible (can't predict of course) that the virus could mutate in such a way as to reduce the mortality rate. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems Trump found the perfect solution for America: Don't test anybody! Because if nobody is tested then there are officially no sick people. Trump logic...

Trump’s coronavirus ban on travel from the EU is backfiring already

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/12/trump-coronavirus-ban-travel-backfired

"Currently, the US is bottom of the global league table for coronavirus testing, at a rate of just five people in every million. (South Korea is testing 3,692 people per million.) "

Test.png.8d97ee9df0c11679f2b75829e3412a50.png

Well it worked for Thailand......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

So perhaps "terrified" is not the correct word.  Maybe "very concerned" is better.

Seriously, people still have time to fight over semantics? A virus at large that has the capacity to kill, unrestrainable and is spreading around the globe at an alarming rate... need I say more? Some have died and will and that could be anyone of us (worst case scenario, yet which each of us still have to consider.)

On the bright side, testing on site is starting at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, 8 hour turn around time for result, 500 tests per day. A ray of hope/voice of reason...may it will come round the globe - here - soon?

Notice how the officials in this clip answered questions, precise numbers on the tip of their tongue, nuts-and bolts definitive, a stark contrast to the hawing-and hemming, beating around the bush, lemme get back to you on this, goverment putting blame on private enterprise, etc., way of those higher up in the chain of command and leadership of the whole nation when facing tough questions.

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well this is interesting.  In just one US state, and not even the most populous.  If you consider the worldwide number is only at around 125,000....

[A top health official in Ohio estimated on Thursday that more than 100,000 people in the state have coronavirus, a shockingly high number that underscores the limited testing so far.]

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487329-ohio-health-official-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Americans love soap operas and are desperate to shine the spotlight on themselves. They hope the world ends during their lifetime just to have something to talk about. Panic is self induced to create a storyline. I know because I'm one of them. Keeping calm and following directions (not from Trump or his media minions) are the way to go to war with this virus.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

In Texas, a photographer worries about paying his bills. In Pennsylvania, an aspiring dancer struggles with a canceled audition. In suburban Los Angeles, a mother wonders whether anyone will show up for her son's bar mitzvah.

World problems, indeed... Why does usa think all the time the world revolves around them?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2