Government health minister: Watch out for "dirty farangs" spreading the virus in Thailand

webfact

He is probably saying what many are thinking... but being very rude in such position reflects the IQ of many officials in high positions...

However, not wearing a mask in crowded places such as BTS or plane, is in my opinion not being appreciated by the Thai people in general. If Thai people don't wear masks, it is their choice in their country, but we as foreigners should be exemplary and act according to what is expected.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 12
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Unfortunately, you are right BUT I haven't heard any western minister making similar claims in recent times. Correct me if I'm wrong though. 

Now I know, that in years gone by, 'colorful' conservatives like Australia's Pauline Hansen have made statements like "we are in danger of being swamped by Asians" although I consider that to be more alarmist and simply a reflection of a fear of too many foreigners coming to live in that country and not quite on the same level as saying foreigners of a particular race are "dirty".

Therefore, if you compare what Pauline Hansen said back then (in 1997 I believe) with Anutin's current comments, the former are comparatively mild compared to the latter's inflammatory and extremely racist undertones.

Like I said in my post, 'no, not officially' but there has been numerous accounts in many western countries of the same thing against Asians and sometimes unofficial sentiments can be more powerful than just the ranting of an uneducated fool..

• Like 1

And 11 idiots added to the infected by sharing a glass and a cigarette... All Thai ! Have a shower in order to die clean.. 

Mind you, he and Trump must get on well together, after all they both agree that that virus does come from Farang countries (as far as I know China is Farang). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pure unadulterated racism. This takes me back many years when Darkie toothpaste was on sale. Due to outside pressure Darkie was withdrawn and the name was changed to Darlie. I wonder If this minister will be withdrawn due to outside pressure? Where are our ambassadors to lodge complaints? In their ivory towers?????