Are you staying in Thailand or going back home?

parafareno

We were/are planning 6 months in the US in August....When this broke I was checking flights....Now I'll hold off until about May to see what the outlook is.....

We're away from crowds/people except for shopping.....Taking all the precautions.....

I thought that we could bolt to the US (RV there) if needed.... Hard to know how it's going to progress....

I'd feel more endangered in a plane or airport....

Edited by pgrahmm

6 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I have a ticket with British Airways end May for a trip home to Scotland, but I am waiting on BA to give me options. If they offer a cost free flight change or refund I will take one or the other. If they don't I will contact them a month before I go for options. I'd prefer to be trapped here (home) than in Scotland (cold).

I for sure feel less at risk here in my small village, apart from the many now jobless returning youth, there is minimal interaction with 'outsiders'. Shop once a month to Makro/BigC is the biggest risk for me, but if I forego 'luxury items', I feel we are pretty well self-sufficient here. Time will tell.

Will also not be going on my annual break to Cambodia, that can wait too.

I'm doing exactly the same, trip planned ,booked and paid for with BA for the month of June.

I can't get stuck in the UK but will wait and see if BA is still flying to the UK in 10 weeks time to see if they will offer a refund if not, may just be a case of losing the money, lucky I got a good deal, and also did not book internal flights from CM-BKK

Too late to make any plans for relocating I would say - the speed borders are being shut down and countries are banning travel the whole world will be shut down in a day or two.

Best make plans to hunker down at home for a couple of months or so and wait it out.

Edited by Orac
  • Like 2

Just now, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

how long will it take?

Doubt it will be quick - guess will have more idea in a month or so dependent on some medical breakthough such as treatment or quick diagnosis at early stage to stop the spreading. If not probably talking months rather than weeks.

19 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

This is the horde of people awaiting health inspections after international flights into

in Chicago. A social-distancing nightmare!

ETHUMbcXkAAAdHp.jpg

If one infected walk here and sneezes... I dearly hope not !

Edited by Metropolitian
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

as i said two weeks ago everyone needed to decide where you want to be for the next six months. 

i have been staying home here in Hua Hin except for large grocery shopping. going straight to what is needed in the store then out and straight back home. mask, hand sanitizer, social distancing. even in public staying as far away as possible from other people. 

if you are over 60, living in Thailand you should starting thinking about what you are going to do when you get the virus. and don't say "go to the hospital."  

and while i understand the Philippines are not Thailand, just look at what is happening there to see the possible next step in Thailand.

Wow, think of those poor girls missing out.

Does that mean we have to put up with more of you on here? ????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, izod10 said:

The infection rates in Thailand will be nowhere near as high as Europe,the hot weather ,plus culture will keep it check,but agree europe will be wiped out.

Even if home is UK/eu still no medical help as such,just a bottle of oxygen

Completely agree with you. Europe is the new epicentre and it's going to get a whole loss worse until summer kicks in. Same with the USA. In fact, I've just read an article on the BBC News app that suggests that the USA will be hardest hit of all.

I do not have much choice when it come to going anywhere, however staying in Thailand is, IMO the safest option anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, sungod said:

Wow, think of those poor girls missing out.

Does that mean we have to put up with more of you on here? ????

i am going parabolic just like the virus.

and yes the girls are missing out.

and no more joking this is serious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

I know you don't believe China, but Korea already reports a reduction in new cases, and the virus started there actually only a month or so ago.

So why would it take 4 months in western countries before the peak is reached?

Perhaps because the western countries are land mass huge comparatively & freedom of movement.....The population isn't taking it as seriously, more business as usual while fighting over toilet paper becomes it's preoccupation.....

Right now it's only a possible inconvenience....

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

yep, but some people are just tourists, i know of people

in china who are just stucked there for months !

Not sure about the situation as it change by the hours but nationals could go back to their own country, and held in quarantine.

The point is coming back from your own country to where you reside would be very hard to impossible.

I hope those non-chinese stuck in China are able to fly out back to their own country if they want to.

I have read the usa closed the border but still open for usa residents who are wanting to come back home.

Italians are EU and able to go back by flying to..(not germany as it has been closed effecively by yesterday?)

Either way we are al in this poo. Even me, if something happen with my family in the west I have to decide to fly there or not.. I have family here in Thailand too but would not easy to come back in as it seems. (The government seems only helping/letting Thai nationals in.)

Hope it will all be over soon.

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

Make the choice of where you want to be stranded.  My flights were cancelled but even if they weren’t, I’d prefer to be stranded here vs. back in the US.

On an overstay though? With the real prospect of travel restrictions taking place all over the world including internally here, things could get quite complicated

• Like 1