India border closure deals another blow to Pattaya tourism

Rimmer

India border closure deals another blow to Pattaya tourism

1375-N3-Mar-13-01-India-tourism-closure-

PATTAYA:-- First the Chinese tourists stopped coming, now Indians travelers facing daunting challenges that likely will drastically reduce their numbers in Pattaya.

The Indian government on March 12 effectively closed its borders to incoming travelers, suspending visas to all nations and even revoking visa-free access to ethnic Indians who are citizens of other countries who hold an Overseas Citizen of India card.While the government didn’t ban overseas tours or travel, it is discouraging travel abroad.

Those who choose to ignore the government’s advice may face mandatory quarantine upon their return depending on countries visited. Airlines also are expected to radically cut flights to India, meaning overseas tourists might not be able to get back easily.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/india-border-closure-deals-another-blow-to-pattaya-tourism-291180

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-03-15—

3 hours ago, drbeach said:

The other day they claimed the outbreak would be over by next month. Then they predicted that Thailand would have almost record visitor numbers (36.9 million) because obviously, the first thing potential visitors do, especially farang that have been insulted not once, but twice, by a racist and incompetent health minister is book a flight to Thailand. They are then refused massages for fear of spreading the virus and of course getting charged 10 times more than Thais to visit a mediocre waterfall located inside a small national park littered with garbage.

No-one thought anything apart from a handful of aggrieved TVF members, in the general way of things and with the  barrage of alternative and important news it got lost, ok. It's all forgotten except on this forum.

Edited by Traubert
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mikebell said:

'Thais will have to live with the virus for two years before the situation improves.'  This from the official Government spokesperson yesterday.

From another thread just now:

"The commission overseeing the government’s Eastern Economic Corridor...optimistically claimed that the worldwide coronavirus pandemic would ease and things back to normal in April."

Why don't the government make use of the lottery machine - after all it is theirs - then everyday someone can pull a new number out of the machine at random to state the government's position as to how long it will all go on for.

Edited by bluesofa
addendum
  • Haha 2

Does this mean that the endless stream of Indian tourists crossing their border and stampeding through Bangladesh, Burma and into Thailand rushing to connect with Sukhumvit Road and sprinting down to Pattaya will now dry up? C'mon TAT, surely not......

48 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Pinocchio's fortune tellers have told him that the virus will self delete itself in a few weeks.

Smoke  25 incense sticks every day before you go to bed and you'll not get sick. Or both. 

I'm guessing he's not risking his frog-kissing routine at the moment, just in case.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Does this mean that the endless stream of Indian tourists crossing their border and stampeding through Bangladesh, Burma and into Thailand rushing to connect with Sukhumvit Road and sprinting down to Pattaya will now dry up? C'mon TAT, surely not......

But where will I buy my dried peas and beans?

7 hours ago, BestB said:

It’s all fun and games but reality is by far worse than many seem to

understand, even those living in pattaya. 

businesses can not stay open when tourism is decimated, which means Locals go back to villages, which then means businesses catering for locals also close their doors .

the ripple effect is a tsunami that may wipe out towns , leaving just ghost towns. If things do not get better in few months this is exactly what will happen 

It is a sad fact. Hope your business is riding the storm mate.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:13 AM, bluesofa said:

From another thread just now:

"The commission overseeing the government’s Eastern Economic Corridor...optimistically claimed that the worldwide coronavirus pandemic would ease and things back to normal in April."

Why don't the government make use of the lottery machine - after all it is theirs - then everyday someone can pull a new number out of the machine at random to state the government's position as to how long it will all go on for.

They do this already with the daily number of infections - they only use the numbers 0 - 20.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rodbayne94 said:

Pattaya city is better without these people from india and people arabes.

Tell that to those who have suddenly lost all their income with family to support and now feel lost and desperate. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 7:48 AM, Justgrazing said:

I once asked my bird if she'd ever had an Indian .. The utter look of contempt that returned was priceless .. I ramped it up abit more by saying " come on let's go have one " before the satang dropped when we pulled up outside the local Indian restaurant I like to chow in .. 

I also discussed this with a few Thai ladies there, and the general consensus was "between a snake and an Indian they would take the snake".  Just saying that was their words and the over all general impression I got from them

8 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I also discussed this with a few Thai ladies there, and the general consensus was "between a snake and an Indian they would take the snake".  Just saying that was their words and the over all general impression I got from them

Fact is these woman are prostitutes, they <deleted> for money, no matter what race , colour, or nationality.

look at the white men in pattaya they are sleeping with ?

just had a friend come back from pattaya, he looked at the degenerates there, and left, he said in no uncertain terms, if these woman are sleeping with these animals, I won't even go near them. 

He will never return!