Thai govt advised to stop all crowd activities and events

webfact

New York City mayor: “Tomorrow, I will sign an Executive Order limiting restaurants, bars and cafes to food take-out and delivery. Nightclubs, movie theaters, small theater houses, and concert venues must all close. The order will go into effect" Tuesday at 9 a.m. ET.

https://twitter.com/breakingnews/status/1239371017094672384?s=21

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

New York City mayor: “Tomorrow, I will sign an Executive Order limiting restaurants, bars and cafes to food take-out and delivery. Nightclubs, movie theaters, small theater houses, and concert venues must all close. The order will go into effect" Tuesday at 9 a.m. ET.

Already done in California, My mother, father and everyone 65 or older has been told to self isolate for the next 14 days.  Son in the Air force attended a wedding and when he arrived back on base was told he would be in self isolation at his residence for the next 21 days in Wyoming.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Just think, if the regime had stopped flights and land crossings from China starting early January—we’d find ourselves in a much better position today...

This is going to become a recurring theme "why didn't we do like China" the most authoritarian country in the world, with the least amount of freedom, is now going to be a country to look to for guidance, think about that - as the psych ops unfold ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

you might want to watch this again and pay attention at 00:50. She clearly says there that masks are not necessary, if you are not (and this is the key word) close to people and they are not coughing or sneezing on you.

IF however you are close to people then a mask can provide at least some protection for you (and for them from you), notwithstanding the fact that many masks are not suitable for the purpose or worn wrongly. 

A mask can help to a degree, but the more important points are not to touch your face before careful hand disinfection and social distancing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glennb6 said:

oh yes, shut down schools, businesses, govt. don't go out - hide in your house. wear a mask that won't protect you but you will feel better. watch the stock markets blow away trillions, watch business reduce their workforce's, fire staff, downsize, and close up for good. 

the economic effects will be massive, you and or ones you know will loose their jobs and income. the economic ripple effect from that will be huge and hurt badly.

But feel better because with massive deaths to date (1) more will be averted...

If you believe this is about heath and welfare you are a fool who doesn't understand 1st grade math.

What an utter load of nonsense. Where have you been and do you not see any news other than the number  (1) you wish to quote?

There is already massive effect on the economy and much could have been prevented if drastic protective measures had been taken early enough.

There has not been (1) confirmed death caused by the pandemic but over (6000) as of today. And that is “only” those known attributed to the virus. Can your own grade of math comprehend that number doesn’t support your logic?

What is the point of your post? Are you suggesting it all goes away by doing what you do?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:
5 hours ago, Toka said:

Coronavirus causing Covid-19 can hang in the air for at least 30 minutes (up to 3 hours at 23C) and travel up to 4.5 meters.  How long it lasts on the surface depends on factors such as temperature and type of surface, for example at around 37C, it can survive for two to three days on glass, fabric, metal, plastic or paper.  virus first dies at 60-70C

Source please

Especially for the last part. Virus is not a living organism, so how could it die?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

You wearing a mask may protect others if you already have the virus. It won't protect you from catching the virus from others

A mask does not provide safety but it provides a degree of protection in both directions, particularly in case of coughs and sneezes, which are most likely means of transmission. A mask is not fail safe, it depends on the quality of the mask and how it is worn. 

Edited by fcbkk
  • Like 1

Some still fail to understand how it works . Even if you are not in the danger zone ( being old / have health issues ) , you can have the virus and spread it . If you do not have it , but the country has a lot of cases , the hospitals are full . Nobody will be working . The whole system collapses in a heartbeat . You break your leg ... sorry cannot help you , hospitals are busy helping people who are dying of Covid . Thats why many many countries now are taking extreme measures . China did it , practically whole Europe ( Italy and Spain hospitals are near collapse as we speak ) , and US is just starting . All those countries are not the same governments , they arent like North Korea ... those measures are not taken lightly as this does have tremendous impact on economy .Watched any of stock exchanges lately ??

9 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I agree with the good doctor. If you are in Thailand it is time to avoid cafes, bars, and nightclubs. Go out for essentials, and wear a mask if you have one. Most people recover from this virus, but many people will die, and those that get through it via intensive care might do so with life changing injuries.

Even if you are a sceptic, there’s no harm done in following guidelines.

When you read about what it does to your lungs, it’s pretty bad.  They need to press this issue more.  It causes the lungs to get stiff, or fiber.  One can  do little activity after that.  It is debilitating 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Wear a mask. Stop telling people masks don't do anything. Social distancing.  Stay home. Make a plan now for what to do if you get sick. Don't say go to the hospital that will not be a option.  

Exactly! What I don't get is that if the mask actually helps from spreading the virus from an infected person to others, why are masks not made mandatory? At least in Thailand most people seem to have a mask on at the moment and in some European countries nobody wears a mask. How many of those people are walking around with Covid and spreading it around? Of course at first westerners didn't want to wear masks because it was said that they don't protect you from Covid anyway. But now that so many people have the virus, it would definitely help to prevent the sick ones (often symptomless) from spreading it to others.  

Also, why not just close the schools and unnecessary offices before it's too late (look what happened to Italy when they acted too late). Especially for people that could actually do their jobs from home, why are they still commuting everyday. This would be a great opportunity to modernise the whole working culture here and around the world. In 2020 it seems very unnecessary that so many people have to block the roads and create pollution by getting to their offices every morning instead of doing their jobs from home. Well many might disagree about this but I just think this would be a good opportunity for companies to move to a more remote way of working. Of course this may not work in Thailand because people don't have much discipline or capability to think by themselves without someone telling them what to do.    

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

utter  nonsense

Why is that nonsense?? Did you think this true well enough? That BBC link was interesting over a month ago when Covid was not so widely spread. Now the whole point is that symptomless people are spreading the virus around to others because they don't have a clue that they're infected (NBA player Rudy Gobert is a good example).

If everyone wore a mask this wouldn't happen, because the purpose of face masks is for sick people not to infect healthy people. Of course in Jan-Feb there was a lot of talk about why Asians wear masks when the doctors/scientists have said it actually doesn't protect you from Covid. I also stopped wearing a mask at the time, but now it's not a valid point anymore when so many people have the infection. Now the situation is very different compared to a month ago. The infection is so widely spread that everyone should be wearing a mask and I really don't understand why it's not made mandatory by governments.

In my own home country Covid is spreading very rapidly and my friends have told me that nobody wears a mask. Well that's one of the reasons why it's spreading out of control. I have some understanding for that Thai minister who complained about westerners coming to Thailand and not wearing masks and being clean. Of course everything else he said was nonsense except for the mask part. 

1 hour ago, fcbkk said:

you might want to watch this again and pay attention at 00:50. She clearly says there that masks are not necessary, if you are not (and this is the key word) close to people and they are not coughing or sneezing on you.

IF however you are close to people then a mask can provide at least some protection for you (and for them from you), notwithstanding the fact that many masks are not suitable for the purpose or worn wrongly. 

A mask can help to a degree, but the more important points are not to touch your face before careful hand disinfection and social distancing. 

im   fully  aware of what she said which is  why i  posted it to  stop the nonsense of EVERYONE wearing a  mask, its  99% unnecessary 

Get rid of numb nuts and make this guy the new minister of health.

He appears to have some degree of medical knowledge,quite useful for the position under current circumstances.

Edited by sapson

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Wear a mask. Stop telling people masks don't do anything. 

Agreed, there are too many saying masks are a waste of time. It is obvious what is going to happen if someone sneezes and you inhale the droplets.

Mind you there are masks and then there are N95 masks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Agreed, there are too many saying masks are a waste of time. It is obvious what is going to happen if someone sneezes and you inhale the droplets.

Mind you there are masks and then there are N95 masks.

disagree the best way is to keep hands  clean and dont touch  your  face, mask use waste of  time, when was the  last time someone coughed in your face or  sneezed on you and again theyre  going to have to do it  right in your  face.

10 hours ago, englishoak said:

Population 65 million... disciplined approx 1 million.. should be a breeze ............

My missus and I had to go to the Main Amphur Office this morning at Banglamung.

This Office serves Pattaya and a large area surrounding the City

We ere there from 8 am till 9.15 and of over 100+ footfall people that entered the building, I counted only 8 that used the hand sanitiser that was placed just inside the main door.

No excuse, it was in plain sight and readily available

Ignorance, ill disciplined, arrogant or lazy, if the Thai mentality does not quickly change they are gonna really burn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jonclark said:

Sounds to me like you are volunteering to be infected to observe the effects. - Maybe you would be good enough to livestream it to the TVF forum so we can all observe the truth of your words. 

like I said, 2 out of 70 million are pretty safe odds. being in good heath etc etc in the very rare chance I were to catch the wuflu terror the odds are damn good that the effects would be about the same as a typical seasonal flu - which sucks and I hate - but have never lived in fear of catching a cold or flu.

it's beyond me how anyone (other than existing immune deficient/weak/current serious health issues) can live in fear of the flu and common cold. H1N1 was far worse, SARs was far worse, 2017 seasonal flu/pneumonia deaths in thailand were 60,000.

But WuFlu Terror is about to shut the country down because 2 have died since January... I'll take my chances on living a normal life, you can hide locked up in a room for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

umm yea...and Ohio, Illinois, Washington state, Massachusetts too. All left wingnut liberal states with economies in the toilet already btw. FYI, for anyone who doesn't know the clown mayor of NYC Bill de Blasio, he is a full on communist. F NYC, live with your choice now suckers.

This is beyond NUTS.