I am not doing a border run... My first overstay in 5 years. What are my options here?

why don't you do a border bounce to myanmar at plu nam ron by car why cause yourself possible trouble in the future, maybe get caught on overstay and receive a ban, i am assuming you are in bangkok

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PST said:

Malaysia, Lao, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore borders, all open.

PST

Just returned from Saigon today. All that AOT rubbish about t8 form and AOT app is rubbish. You don't need t8 or anything on arriving Thailand. BTW had zero temperature check Saigon and DMK

13 minutes ago, PST said:

PST

Wrong.

Vietnam, Cambodia and Singapore are CLOSED to some nationals, depending on your travel history.

Thailand's borders with Myanmar, Laos and Malaysia remain open. Irrelevant to mention countries that don't share a border with Thailand anyway (besides, flights are being curtailed) - in the OP's case, he needs to go by car to the nearest trouble-free border.

As others said already: It's crazy not to do the run now. The situation obviosly will get much worse the coming weeks and the upcoming phobia here enhances the risk getting caught somewhere on the street and go straight to the IDC in Bangkok, where your chance to get the virus might be much higher than anywhere else.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just returned from Saigon today. All that AOT rubbish about t8 form and AOT app is rubbish. You don't need t8 or anything on arriving Thailand. BTW had zero temperature check Saigon and DMK

Depends on your nationality and where you're arriving from. "Rubbish" it isn't.

1 minute ago, drbeach said:

Wrong.

Vietnam, Cambodia and Singapore are CLOSED to some nationals, depending on your travel history

i See, but i can travel to all those borders now with no issue.

Edited by PST

13 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

flying to Laos tomorrow

Why not go by road instead? It's not that far, and many flights to/from Laos have been suspended. Bangkok Airways has halted Bangkok-Vientiane flights. Will you be able to get back by air? Maybe not. By road, should be not a problem for now.

Just now, drbeach said:

Depends on your nationality but why bother? Laos and Myanmar are open, go there instead...if you have to.

When i need to go, i will go to Malaysia, as i mentioned in my first post, i'm due in 6 weeks, so it's a fine line between waiting 6 weeks, then if i cant go, get a 2 month extension at immigration, or go 6 weeks early?, nightmare really.

20 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Why risking getting caught and deported? Playing by the rules is much better.

It's not an excuse to be on overstay now and it could get much worse. 

Indeed!  Could end up in immigration detention centre.  Not advisable any time, let alone with this virus!

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

How many will need covid tests to return from ? Vietnam is now a UK no go area

just returned from Saigon today. All that AOT rubbish about t8 form and AOT app is rubbish. You don't need t8 or anything on arriving Thailand. BTW had zero temperature check Saigon and DMK

That is a quote from another poster

Edited by PST

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe open for some, maybe quarantine for all.

True, but when i quoted them all, i was mentioning options for myself.

Thx

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

Depends on your nationality and where you're arriving from. "Rubbish" it isn't.

I was referring to the clumsy statement from AOT. They were stating ALL entries required the use of the AOT app (which didn't work) or downloading and fill in a T8 form. No staff of airlines etc knew anything about this. Thai airways released there on take on it along with download link to t8 form. As I stated earlier. Nothing was required upon entry DMK today.

So yep I will stick with RUBBISH to describe AOT