Thais and their infinite love for parents

In this country they absolutely must take care of their parents. Most typical Thai families are the same way about taking care of their elders and all family especially the parents. Because Thailand’s Social Security system is not much at all from what I’ve heard Thai Social Security is a joke and I don’t mean a joke like our Social Security system in the United States I mean they might as well be getting nothing Thai Social Security is so low. Additionally Thailand doesn’t always have the same kind of systems in place that most western countries have to take care of their elderly. So in Thailand that’s how it is it’s their duty to take care of their elderly. 

And you know what we Americans and probably lots of other nationalities claim to have those same type of values but not like Thais, usually when it comes to family particularly the elderly. Because Who else is going to do it? In Thailand you’re almost always your family’s responsibility when you’re sick, in the hospital, prison, etc, especially when you get old. It’s just engrained in their culture and it’s like instinctive. So you’re far from the only one who has Thai family who really seem to love their parents more than anything. So don’t mind some of the colourful comments you get in here from some of these “high ranking” Thai Visa members lol because most of them have known for years exactly what I just told you and they think it’s funny because what you’re asking is extremely common in Thailand it really is it’s nothing out of the ordinary even I chuckled a little bit when I read this. My wife has some pretty serious deep seeded personal issues with her Thai mom from when she grew up here 40 years ago and she is still all about helping her mom. She’s a better daughter than I am a son to my own parents. 

26 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Thai are so idiots when concerning parents and family that they did not even choose.

This is because of temple lessons.

We will never be as important for a Thai as her family is, this is why a Thai will never be more important than my dogs.

Have you not lived in Thailand long? You should probably study the culture a little more because you’re seriously being judgmental which we’re all guilty of but damn dude. It’s been that way here since the beginning of time. Is it really so much different in any other culture as far as society’s responsibility to their elders no really but Thais take that to heart with good reason. Even my wife gets sick of stuff sometimes with her family but she lived most of her life in the United States but she has not forgotten her culture namely because most of her friends in the United States were Thai and going to the local Buddhist temple most Sundays so she’s still been around Thai culture all her life even in the United States.

So before you judge at least understand why most Thai people work so hard to take care of their parents especially the poorer families it can be really sad because there are people who will do just about anything to provide for their parents and children sometimes extremely degrading and dangerous things as you ought to know if you’ve been here in Thailand for at least a little while. This is not the west, in this country if you go down and you don’t have anyone to take care of you there’s probably no help coming so families here have to look out for one another. Think about it, seriously think about that. At least have some empathy for other people. I’m working on that myself actually. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gee Ku said:

You are a hard-hearted man, OneMoreFarang. You have a bad karma and will be reborn as a hard-working mother-loving prostitute in a Bangkok slum.

Perhaps as an ugly looking third gender?

Let's see what our Karma will get us! 

devil and god.jpg

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

but, it is sad that people in this forum trash me for taking care of and helping a wonderful family. 

Why is it if you help out a Western wife and her family, that is cool, but if you help a Thai, you have all sorts of bad names for people. 

I don't trash anyone for doing whatever they want with THEIR money as long as they don't tell me I SHOULD have helped my rotten Thai family.

I think it's stupid to give money to a western woman's family. Western women can earn as good money or better than I did, so they can support their family themselves.

I paid all the bills for my wife and I as her 9,000 a month didn't go far and I wanted a better life than she could afford. I drew the line at financially supporting her ratbag nephew. WE had many an argument over him.

2 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Students prostate for a parent, mainly fathers at "Father's Day", in a bi-lingual (English Program) Thai school.

I was in Thailand long enough ago to remember that bargirls used to get on their knees and pray for their farang ATM. That ended about the same time the smile vanished from LOS.

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Any posters not fat, old and ugly have these type of stories?? That would be a great thread to start!  Just sayin 

Agreed...  When ever we dig deeper into these stories we see the same stereotype fitting pattern... 

Poor uneducated girl / Older guy....

These stories never seem to come from couples of similar socio-economic-educational status...  just sayin'

With regards to looking after parents... Isn’t that what we do worldwide? 

With regards to kids prostrating themselves in front of their parents and elders, I object to that because its forced, kids should know respect naturally and know why, not because of ‘rote habit’... equally so, some elders are not deserving of respect.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:04 PM, lovethai123 said:

I don't live in Thailand. Though I visit her frequently because I am just a few hour flight away from bkk.

no  problem "you are  now  in lock down" indefinitely and tell her you have a  dry  cough, then never contact her  again, she'll assume yer  brown bread

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Any posters not fat, old and ugly have these type of stories?? That would be a great thread to start!  Just sayin 

I'm old (71), but I'm neither fat nor ugly, and I live quite happily with the Pattaya branch of an Issan family. 

Is that what you're looking for?

3 minutes ago, micmichd said:

I'm old (71), but I'm neither fat nor ugly, and I live quite happily with the Pattaya branch of an Issan family. 

Is that what you're looking for?

Def not. But if pics were mandatory here I’d think you’d see my light. 

On 3/16/2020 at 6:15 AM, lovethai123 said:

I met her in a bar

Then she is not a "normal" bokatit Thai girl. 

Estimated 98% of Thai girls don't work in bars. 

Of course, the ones who do are highly likely to come from backgrounds of trauma, poverty and abuse.

"Damaged goods", so to speak.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:49 PM, Yinn said:

He think he “give” it.

She think he “pay” it. 

Confused customer.

Good point. Well said. It sums up the situation precisely without wasting words.

We will delay the witch burning until you hand over the POTY crown. Then look out!

6 hours ago, micmichd said:

How can you get broke if you have permanent income or a guaranteed pension?

Not too may people have a permanent income. Lose your job, lose your income. Stock market goes belly up, as it has just done, income stream drops dramatically. Other investments, property etc can also fail.

Pensions are only guaranteed until they're not.

5 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Thai are so idiots when concerning parents and family that they did not even choose.

This is because of temple lessons.

We will never be as important for a Thai as her family is, this is why a Thai will never be more important than my dogs.

How much did she take you for?

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:47 PM, lovethai123 said:

How do I tell her I want to finish the relationship with her? Please sugges

Go bag... pack what’s needed and go when the opportunity is right.

Don't say anything.. go and don’t look back. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimLuce said:

Have you not lived in Thailand long? You should probably study the culture a little more because you’re seriously being judgmental which we’re all guilty of but damn dude. It’s been that way here since the beginning of time. Is it really so much different in any other culture as far as society’s responsibility to their elders no really but Thais take that to heart with good reason. Even my wife gets sick of stuff sometimes with her family but she lived most of her life in the United States but she has not forgotten her culture namely because most of her friends in the United States were Thai and going to the local Buddhist temple most Sundays so she’s still been around Thai culture all her life even in the United States.

So before you judge at least understand why most Thai people work so hard to take care of their parents especially the poorer families it can be really sad because there are people who will do just about anything to provide for their parents and children sometimes extremely degrading and dangerous things as you ought to know if you’ve been here in Thailand for at least a little while. This is not the west, in this country if you go down and you don’t have anyone to take care of you there’s probably no help coming so families here have to look out for one another. Think about it, seriously think about that. At least have some empathy for other people. I’m working on that myself actually. 

What do you think that you are teaching me ?

I know the people, the country and the culture since 25 years, so why do you even start to speak ?

I will never be intoxicated like all the stupid foreigners who think that knowing the culture is accepting it all. This is stupid.

If I share my life with anyone she has to know that the most important person for her until I die is me, not her parents or anybody else from her family ! But who has enough balls to speak to Thai the way they deserve, not you it seems...

On 3/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I used to go to the Thai beaches a lot. I laughed like a drain seeing all those western women ordering their tame BF around like they were his boss. Far as I know, no backpacker couples go to Pattaya- the girls know they probably wouldn't be leaving Pattaya as a couple.

When I go to Frankfurt, I don't take my sausage with me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gee Ku said:

You are a hard-hearted man, OneMoreFarang. You have a bad karma and will be reborn as a hard-working mother-loving prostitute in a Bangkok slum.

Promises are only binding on those who believe in them.
In addition, it would be necessary to believe in re-incarnation, which is not my case.
I cannot comment on the belief of OneMoreFarang ...:whistling:

5 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Good point. Well said. It sums up the situation precisely without wasting words.

We will delay the witch burning until you hand over the POTY crown. Then look out!

Pffft

can not kill the witch.

the witch control you. How I win POTY.

• Confused 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Most men have been manipulated by women since the first man when the first woman "suggested" that he give her the best bits of the sabre toothed tiger he just killed, in return for a warm fuzzy feeling. I know who got the best of that deal.

What are you talking about....Adam gave up a rib to make Eve, and so its been from the beginning of time...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:
  On 3/16/2020 at 9:04 PM, lovethai123 said:

I don't live in Thailand. Though I visit her frequently because I am just a few hour flight away from bkk.

After reading that, the OP must be a troll. Eight pages of advice and people believing this weird story.

Don't feed the TROLL!!

Many posts are not advice but slamming me. Also I really live just 3:45 - 4 hours flight from BKK. I am not from farang people's land. I am a desi or as the thais like to call us khaek/khek