All Pattaya entertainment venues to close for 14 days

webfact

20 hours ago, Henryford said:

These sort of calculations don't take account of people who would have died anyway in a normal year. 10,000 people die every week in Italy and no one bats an eyelid.

I dont know weekly deaths in Italy but i presume you checked the nr . Italy now got officially surpassed the "official" death toll of China . People are still dying , these are extra ( not all off course , since many are old ) . In Bergamo today , they didnt know where to stack the deaths , army had to come and get the coffins in a convoy of army trucks . They all being burned , nobody of the family had the chance to say last goodbyes , before or after death . They are just victims ... and not at all are old . The they just might be your parents , brother ,sister ,wife , and yes child also . We all have to get through this ... i know now 1 positive confirmed case and 2 highly suspected cases at my workplace . This looks far from you , but in real it isnt at all . Read stories of people who lost their parents , friends , and neighbours ... it isnt a joke . Governments do not take all these actions for "just a flu" . Sure , by far the most survive but saying  "this is nothing"  is by any meaning wrong  . Also , if we all get it together , not only the health system collapses , everything collapses . The whole system , electricity , pharma , food distribution , police , army , economy as a whole  , everything ... It would be the 1 who does have the biggest gun and is willing to use it and gather same people around them who gets the profit . I can garantee it prob won't be you .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

What a government does or not do does not absolve individuals of the responsibility to themselves and those around them to acting carefully and responsibly about something that, if it doesn’t kill you will kill others if you’re a carrier and don’t act responsibly.

Quite. My niece works at one of the large hospitals in the centre of Bangkok and after 10 weeks of suspected cases they had their first confirmed case on Monday.

Many appear to blame the government for people that have probably had the virus not going to a hospital and being recorded leading to fake news being published by the government regarding the low numbers.

The Thais are staying at home while the foreigners are squeezing into the reducing number of bars and quite prepared to blame everyone else.

• Like 1

Just a news item for all who think this closure isnt necessary . Italy past 24h , 793 dead .That nr isnt a total number , these are just the deaths in 1 single day ( yesterdays nr was 630 if i remember correct ) . Thailand is now rising fast in numbers ... i think they should be a lot stricter then only closing bars , or they gonna end up like Italy very very soon .