PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

snoop1130

9 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I said the same thing at dinner with my family last night as well. Maybe a bright side to getting him and his clowns out. 

Yes, many people say he look sick.

Everyone be sad if he die right?

????

9 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

"if" is inappropriate because it will happen sooner or later.
With such a little intelligence it is now that all borders must be closed as so many other countries have already done.

Too bad for Thai people who work or are on vacation abroad and too bad for tourists who have known for a long time what they risked by wanting to leave their country at all costs .

We, the farang who live here, it will not change anything for us as for the 68 million Thai people who live around us.

Wishful thinking,a friend of mine tried to get a new ATM card yesterday in Ban Krut near Bang Saphan,but the bank does not allow foreigner coming into the bank.You shouldn't feel to safe here.As longer the virus situation lasts,as more unpleasant it will get for foreigner in Thailand

• Like 1

PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

Unfortunately it’s too little too late and that should have happened 3 months ago if you seriously wanted to contain it. The genie is now out of the bottle and the virus has spread sufficiently enough across the globe, courtesy of China, and so closing the border is absolutely pointless as the virus is now spreading internally from Thai to Thai and not via dirty foreigners! Sure, if you are concerned about Thailand exporting the virus, then you should close the border. Hopefully, although I remain highly skeptical, the next time governments will immediately close their borders to the source of the next contagion the second they hear about instead of treading water and pouting off how they are the best at everything and all is under control only to end up where they are now. There is now point

in closing any borders as flights are at a minimum anyway and people themselves have limited their travel. You just need to let it takes its course.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize bold font reset to normal.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

Yes!

My friends say/think same last night see him TV. 

He look skinny, weak and old a lot.

Didn't you forget to mention that he just walked off after getting a number questions, leaving everyone there wondering what was going on?

4 hours ago, roaming2019 said:

Hi ,  I have a ticket booked for april from usa .  are we going to get refund if thailand goes to stage 3 and stops all foreigners

Chances of being able to make this trip are very slim. For that matter flight will likely be cancelled. 

Contact airlines now re refund. If they offer one with a fee I'd take it. Later on they will be processing so many cancellations it will be chaos.

10 hours ago, CLS said:

Happened to many people that are not qualified for their jobs. It’s called Burnout!

I don't think it's got to do with not qualified .... it's simply run down, as happens to everyone at some stage.

But thanks for your wild suggestion ... 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I'm coming back today. Made the decision yesterday, spent all day packing up,  and looks like I was right to do so.

Though I don't really see what a border closure achieves once already stage 3. Makes more sense earlier.

Coming back where? To your home country?

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

Yes!

My friends say/think same last night see him TV. 

He look skinny, weak and old a lot.

He lacks the competency to take care of himself and manage affairs of  the country, as one would imagine from a coup leader.   He does not argue nor debate and he looks awful.   

• Like 2

So the government's policy is to fly by the seat of their pants and operate this country "on a wing and a prayer". We really need to get rid of these old style leaders... Thailand, and it's people deserve better than this. 

"organize a nationwide ceremony to pray for Thailand and the Thai people".. what a great idea from the 100% in control Prime Minster... that will make a huge difference, not sure in which direction though ? ... makes you wonder why prayers are needed if he is 100% in control ?

8 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

We all know what they think of foreigners, do u really believe that when <deleted> hits the fan, not if, but when, that western people will be takin care of over Thais?

think again, Thailand is the last place anyone wants to be when, not if it happens!

get the <deleted> out of dodge!

Private hospitals will treat whoever can pay, farang or no farang. The premise on which advice to leave is based, is entirely false, unless reliant on the Thai public hospitals and if that’s the case, god help you, thai or farang.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Likely as not its probably at that stage already given its proliferation pattern in other countries .. It was all part of the sham in Thailand that they had to maintain the public face that it was not serious and they had it sussed with some in power even suggesting it would be under control in the next month or so .. But reality the was always going to be different once it started to proliferate hence the increasing panic within Gov the last week or so .. From here on in the best policy for any Government but especially this one should be one of honesty and transparency .. Continuing with this saving face posture is only going to come back and haunt them if it gets really out of hand .. 

Thailand has obviously been in phase 3 for a while now but cases are way under reported due to the non-availability of tests to general population and the disgraceful profiteering the government has permitted private hospitals to indulge in marking up $3-4 test kits enormously.

Now he has a last chance to face reality and lock down the country to reduce transmission  and prepare the health system for an onslaught of seriously ill patients needing ventilators in ICUs for 3 weeks each. Also order as much useful medicines and test kits as possible and force private hospitals to test at a reasonable price.

Failing that he may be guiding the nation towards an imminent collapse of the public healthcare system no amount of ceremonies to pray for Thailand will be able to avert. Sick people would be taken around hospitals looking for a bed and spreading the virus around before having to go and die at home. The death rate would be in the millions and gangs of hungry Thais and retrenched foreign workers could be roaming the streets looking for money and food.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

I hope the Public will not be allowed to attend the ceremonies to wish Thailand good luck. Temples need to cease public ceremonies where ever sits tightly packed together for half an hour listening to chanting. 

The m-in-l’s village is planning its annual temple fair on 29 March which they say it’s too late to cancel and they believe the virus is only a Bangkok thing. Her province has not implemented any measures whatsoever.

There is loads of movement between city and countryside in Thailand which implies the villages could be ravaged very fast, as happen to the English villages with Spanish flu in 1918. Healthcare is still fairly rudimentary in the countryside with a shortage of doctors who tend to moonlight in private clinics.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Sad 1