Trump says he will invoke wartime act to fight 'enemy' coronavirus

webfact

7 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Trump should do America and the world a favor and shut the <deleted> up

Always the grandstander, he still hasn't realized it's not a reality show and hasn't yet realized he doesn't own the cameras or control the scripts. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This below was the history and projections BEFORE the coronavirus, Trump's $1 billion bailout plan, and the likely coming recession came along:

495823043_2020-03-1915_33_12.jpg.a2b8f2c9145b3b188ff2e0e73eb75012.jpg

https://www.debtconsolidation.com/us-debt-presidents/

From Feb. 2019:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-national-debt-deficit-compared-to-obama-bush-clinton-2019-2

Exactly. It is advised to follow counter-cyclical policies. Trump stupidly followed a pro-cyclical policy. On top of unnecessarily increasing debts, it creates speculative bulbs that burst at first occasion.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

"We're going to defeat the invisible enemy," said Trump, who said the unfolding crisis had basically made him a "war-time president."

My war hero Trump. Will he use stingers to kill the invisible enemy?

Don’t tempt fate.... he wanted to nuke a hurricane!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Under this administrations expansive executive privilege I am sure he thinks so.  Just wait

Followed by bleating about his next term (should that disaster materialize), being less than four years... thereby nessesitating all future US elections be held a year or two later. ????????????

I think it's great that there's talk of retrieving medical production away from China back to home countries ???? 

Here's an idea: How about in this return of industries/new development, a few shares in these new and expanding already existing chemical producers in the home country be given or held in trust for all Americans earning below a certain income level. The shares and their value could be used by government as collateral to fund further national infrastructure projects.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This below was the history and projections BEFORE the coronavirus, Trump's $1 billion bailout plan, and the likely coming recession came along:

495823043_2020-03-1915_33_12.jpg.a2b8f2c9145b3b188ff2e0e73eb75012.jpg

https://www.debtconsolidation.com/us-debt-presidents/

From Feb. 2019:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-national-debt-deficit-compared-to-obama-bush-clinton-2019-2

Wow! This is graph and other sources you quote are amazing, so great .... Shocking but amazingly great! 

I have to add after listening to Fox News of late (just a bit as I can't help but be curious as a retired psychotherapist about such organisational psyche's), and after watching that mini-series about Roger whatshisname who ran Fox ... I'm surprised at the graph you so kindly provide for us all ... shows a stark picture indeed!! 

Fox has a rhetoric (clear and unmistakable) that its Obama who left a shocking economy and that Trumps govt has really turned this around and 'saved' America's economy .... 

Hmmm. So whos telling lies? All these sources, or Trump and Fox?

Oh! Wait I know the answer to those (Fox's line of rhetoric) <deleted> and Trump haters, those of the Left who are really not true Patriots but underminers of True Patriots like Trump and others who call themselves Republicans that make such graphs up out of lies and spin as a part of the paranoia and obsessional need to undermine a President who is all-the-way-for-the-USA.

Love to hear your response to my thoughts as a Non-American on what I've added to your post.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Wow! This is graph and other sources you quote are amazing, so great .... Shocking but amazingly great! 

I have to add after listening to Fox News of late (just a bit as I can't help but be curious as a retired psychotherapist about such organisational psyche's), and after watching that mini-series about Roger whatshisname who ran Fox ... I'm surprised at the graph you so kindly provide for us all ... shows a stark picture indeed!! 

Fox has a rhetoric (clear and unmistakable) that its Obama who left a shocking economy and that Trumps govt has really turned this around and 'saved' America's economy .... 

Hmmm. So whos telling lies? All these sources, or Trump and Fox?

Oh! Wait I know the answer to those (Fox's line of rhetoric) <deleted> and Trump haters, those of the Left who are really not true Patriots but underminers of True Patriots like Trump and others who call themselves Republicans that make such graphs up out of lies and spin as a part of the paranoia and obsessional need to undermine a President who is all-the-way-for-the-USA.

Love to hear your response to my thoughts as a Non-American on what I've added to your post.  

He pumped up the ponzi even more now it's blowing. Russia is keeping suspiciously quiet in all this madness with a people well schooled in misery and stoicism. 

Edited by URMySunshine

12 hours ago, webfact said:

"We're going to defeat the invisible enemy," said Trump, who said the unfolding crisis had basically made him a "war-time president."

His bone spurs must have healed nicely...

I wonder how the Dem "open borders" tribe are taking the universal closing of borders!!!!

One urgent reason not to vote for a Dem in November, cos the US of A will be inundated with new virus carriers.  Welcome:  Uncle Sam will take care of you, and our tax dollars will keep you healthy....

The Dems need to take a look at Angela Merkel, who opened the German borders in 2015 (with disastrous results) and is now closing the borders with France, Switzerland and Austria.

Austria? A radical reversal of German foreign policy......

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

He defended his description of the coronavirus as "the Chinese virus" despite concerns among some Americans that he was making an ethnic slur.

"It’s not racist, not at all. It comes from China," he said of the illness, whose origin has been traced back to Wuhan, China.

At least (as far as I can see) the Trump haters on ThaiVisa have not joined this particular irrational, racist baying of the mob re China!  Congratulations, lads.

There are some gargantuan morons in the MSM who trot out the "RACIST" slur re Trump on all occasions, yes all.  For them, calling covid-19 the Wuhan or the Chinese virus is racist.  Just like calling the Spanish Flu the Spanish Flu is somehow xenophobic?

But why be amazed, in 2020, that the intellectual barrel is being scraped so thoroughly...

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, blazes said:

At least (as far as I can see) the Trump haters on ThaiVisa have not joined this particular irrational, racist baying of the mob re China!  Congratulations, lads.

There are some gargantuan morons in the MSM who trot out the "RACIST" slur re Trump on all occasions, yes all.  For them, calling covid-19 the Wuhan or the Chinese virus is racist.  Just like calling the Spanish Flu the Spanish Flu is somehow xenophobic?

But why be amazed, in 2020, that the intellectual barrel is being scraped so thoroughly...

The difference is that Trump intends it to be racist. He is, as usual, trying to deflect blame of his incompetence. 
Amazing that his supporters are so blinded that they can’t see it. 
But it’s all good. I love what Trump is doing for to the US. He is openly calling upon China to retaliate in some form or other. And they will, in their own time and fashion. China is going to come out way ahead of US after this crisis has died down and they will not hesitate to kick Trump when he is down. This is the way the commies rumble. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

BREAKING - Secret US Govt plan leaked to the web.

A federal government plan to combat the coronavirus warned policymakers last week that a pandemic “will last 18 months or longer” and could include “multiple waves,” resulting in widespread shortages that would strain consumers and the nation’s health care system.

The 100-page plan, dated Friday, the same day President Trump declared a national emergency, laid out a grim prognosis for the spread of the virus and outlined a response that would activate agencies across the government and potentially employ special presidential powers to mobilize the private sector.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6819-covid-19-response-plan/d367f758bec47cad361f/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

Hell is coming

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/bill-ackman-pleads-to-trump-to-increase-closures-to-save-the-economy-shut-it-down-now.html

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blazes said:

I wonder how the Dem "open borders" tribe are taking the universal closing of borders!!!!

One urgent reason not to vote for a Dem in November, cos the US of A will be inundated with new virus carriers.  Welcome:  Uncle Sam will take care of you, and our tax dollars will keep you healthy....

The Dems need to take a look at Angela Merkel, who opened the German borders in 2015 (with disastrous results) and is now closing the borders with France, Switzerland and Austria.

Austria? A radical reversal of German foreign policy......

Complete B.S.. The Dems (nothing to be proud of, they were just listening to health experts) have warned about the danger of the coronavirus, while Trump and supporters like you were in unison to downplay the pandemic and to denounce the panic hoax created by the Dems and propagated by MSM. ????

About closing borders, It's far too late as the virus has already started to spread inside Western countries. It would be much more efficient to isolate Washington State or N.Y. State than to close US borders.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Let's be a bit benevolent: Trump could not anticipate it because nobody talked about it on Fox News. ????

China . China , Chinese virus he has a stuck record like some posters on here. At least he is at last following his officials rather relying on his own innate genius and his seems to have pushed Pencey out of the lead role. Sadly the poor health of many Americans and lack of medical facilities is going to extract a steep toll on the US. 

13 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

China . China , Chinese virus he has a stuck record like some posters on here. At least he is at last following his officials rather relying on his own innate genius and his seems to have pushed Pencey out of the lead role. Sadly the poor health of many Americans and lack of medical facilities is going to extract a steep toll on the US. 

Ok. My mistake. Fox News likely talked about China too.