Anutin brushes aside claim of lax screening

webfact

Many governments have used the words "we are at war" to describe the present situation. 

One would then think that governments made up of military officers would be the most efficient, being on their favorite turf. 

And yet, instead of taking decisive actions, this one has been pussyfooting around for days, wondering if it should charge, retreat, or maybe surrender. 

Obviously the recent purchases of submarines and tanks are not much help in this kind of conflict, which may explain the actual disorientation... 

Edited by Brunolem

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“Our screening is not reckless,” he said. “We have not missed anyone who is infected,

It may not be reckless but it is not consistent. Both domestic departures & arrivals need to be checked too.

4 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

How is it possible to verify an overseas medical certificate at the airport given time differences and language problems? I wonder whether, if I were to start up a business called Shifty Frog Medical Services and start issuing such certificates, anyone in immigration would raise an eyebrow. Perhaps I could also start up Shifty Frog Assurances to provide Covid-19 insurance certificates for good measure.

If found to be fake it would be grounds for immediate deportation & re-billing of medical costs if any.

6 minutes ago, 448glb said:

My wife and I just went through swampy arriving from USA and no one screened us. Didn’t even see anyone screening anyone. When we went through nothing to declare, they were playing on the phones as well. And on top of all of that if anything, they are causing the spread of the virus by making everyone take fingerprints going in and out without having any hand sanitizer and towels to clean the scanner. And when you ask the immigration officer for something to clean it with, they look like a deer in headlights.

yes!!! happened to me too. Meanwhile they have their own bottles behind the counter.

4 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

How is it possible to verify an overseas medical certificate at the airport given time differences and language problems? I wonder whether, if I were to start up a business called Shifty Frog Medical Services and start issuing such certificates, anyone in immigration would raise an eyebrow. Perhaps I could also start up Shifty Frog Assurances to provide Covid-19 insurance certificates for good measure.

May I be your first investor?

26 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

In the sixties, there was a famous band in the UK called Manfred Mann, who had a hit called "Ha Ha said the Clown!"

You'd best polish up on "ring a ring o' roses"...................

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

We all know the numbers are in the thousands,

How do you know? Read TVF?

how many is anyone's guess, this clown needs to be removed, but we all know that ain't going to happen, because these military boys have each others backs.

Anutin not military.

He have power because he give Prayut power (AFTER he promise voters he will NOT join Prayut)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anutin_Charnvirakul

• Thanks 2

I have had 3 known farangs return via swampy and each one told me that they were not checked, just walked straight through, no temperatures taken, although they did say machines were there, but the staff were playing on their mobiles. I would call it hearsay, but when 3 tell you the same story, you gotta take note.

We all know the numbers are in the thousands, how many is anyone's guess, this clown needs to be removed, but we all know that ain't going to happen, because these military boys have each others backs.

Make that 4.

I just wandered through on Monday. No checks at all. Saw the 'We will be watching you" SIM card stand but that was voluntary. Nobody there asked where I had come from.

Only pain was at immigration, where the IO told me my visa had expired so I had to explain about re-entry stamps. ????

15 minutes from aircraft to baggage carousel. Nice.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

How do you know? Read TVF?

Anutin not military.

He have power because he give Prayut power (AFTER he promise voters he will NOT join Prayut)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anutin_Charnvirakul

Yes absolutely TVF, but have you asked yourself why the numbers are so low in Thailand, but even lower in Cambodia 37, and Vietnam 76, Malaysia has 900 infected people, all these countries are around Thailand, so I would think someone is telling porkies in my opinion, not just Thailand.

Look at Europe those countries are in the thousands, Italy, Spain, France, Switzerland, they are all around each other, even USA is climbing in to almost 10,000. 

Is it the weather ?

Malaysia is 27 degree with temps usually in the mid 30's, Cambodia is similar with temps in the mid 30's, Vietnam in the low to high 20's while Europe is colder 18-22 so maybe the weather has something to do with it, but here we know Thais are very relaxed when it comes to checking and screening, you have to agree with that Yinn, give me something, Thailand cannot have such low numbers, you know that ?

So Anutin is worse than military then.

19 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Have a heart. Anutin was confused.

He thought LAX was in California.

Rooster

I thought I'd avoid posting that in case I was asked where the place called Lax is. Someone still might ask I suppose...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin said Thailand has collaborated with four countries to make sure no one is allowed to book a flight to Thailand unless they have a medical certificate of health issued no more than three days prior to their travel date.

And just when I thought the PM was the biggest donkey Anutin  proves me wrong. This really is amazing mo ro ni c Bozo Thailand, land of the c- rap for brain leaders. . 

KLAX, is the ICAO airport code for Los Angeles California,

and locally they call it LAX,  just in case some posters are curious.

just doing my bit.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error omitted words

I recently came in from Laos at Nong Khai, there was that must dirt and s#*t on the fingerprint machine it would not register anyone's prints I was very reluctant to touch it at all. They are absolute clowns.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

“Our screening is not reckless,” he said. “We have not missed anyone who is infected, and all arrivals must quarantine themselves for 14 days anyway. If they cough, sneeze and have cold, they will be monitored via the AOT application.”

Says it all, taking temperature checks proves nothing [only if they are actually showing symptoms]

a tourist here for a holiday is NOT going to self isolate for 14 days.

If they cough, sneeze or have a colds some might notify a doctor, others will stay quiet so that they can return home, and not be quarantined here!