Chonburi: Six cases of coronavirus - hundreds under observation, says governor

webfact

Chonburi: Six cases of coronavirus - hundreds under observation, says governor

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The Chonburi governor said Thursday that six people in the province had tested positive for coronavirus. 

Hundreds more were under close observation or waiting for the results of tests. People who had close contact with those infected are of particular interest.

Phakrathorn Thianchai has already ordered bars, clubs and discos closed in the province that includes Pattaya, reported Daily News.

The ban initially will run until the end of March but could then be extended if the situation has not improved. 

Owners who flout the ban face jail or heavy fines. 

Activities such as boxing, cock fighting and fitness clubs and gyms have been ordered shut indefinitely. 

The governor urged people at risk of having contracted the virus to self isolate for 14 days.

People should seek medical help if they suspect they are infected and can call 038-119777 or 1422 on a 24 hour hotline.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-20
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Hundreds more were under close observation or waiting for the results of tests. People who had close contact with those infected are of particular interest

That's worrying, when you consider what a couple of people at the boxing stadium managed to do!

This is why self isolation and confinement is important , as many people do not have symptoms ( yet ) and do not know they are spreading the virus. Obviously, anyone feeling ill, or having one , or any of the symptoms, should self isolate at once and. All their doctor or local hospital. People ignoring this advice are putting others at great risk and endangering other lives. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That doesn't astonish me. I suppose that it was like that a long time already. Now that so many countries are blocking their people from traveling or highly sugest not to do it, Thailand hasn't to fear that no tourist will come so can reveal their true numbers. 

It would be nice to know where in Chon Buri, the province is quite large. Also with the prices be thrown out there for the test I haven't seen any noticed as to where and when no one seem to even have the test and even if you did the hospital don't even know the protocol as to what to do?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

My understanding is many many people have gone home from Pattaya area because no work. So things may get better in all of Chonburi. 

I am in a small village in Buriram population is around 150. Today we started to get the first people returning from Pattaya/Bangkok, it would not surprise me if like at new year the village population doubles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

My understanding is many many people have gone home from Pattaya area because no work. So things may get better in all of Chonburi. 

Interesting observation. Only permanent Pattayans would stay. How many of us are there? 120k? Will be a nice little fisherman village again.

• Like 1

article didn't say who or where in Chonburi those 6 people are, and yes it said 6, not 60, not 600, only 6. The infection is spreading like wildfire! Run and hide, in a week it might be 9 people, OMG you're all gon'a die!

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, petedk said:

Hundreds waiting for the result!

A colleague was tested on Monday and he still doesn't have the result. He is feeling quite sick, although he doesn't think it is Covid-19, but who knows?

Where was he tested & how?