Need Medical Cert and Insurance from UK for boarding - need ASAP

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

When are you scheduled to arrive?

What is point of question. Currently flying in will require medical certificate (nonsense) also health insurance (for most not possible) 

Flights to Thailand will collapse very soon due to nonsense vague guidelines from Thai authorities. Bunch of dills.

With the new rules you mention already in effect on land borders and possibly going into full effect today, I was just wondering if @Joinaman managed to even check in yet? Assuming he's in the UK and being a few hours behind the real-time events here, he may have missed the latest edicts?

I missed getting a visa at Savannakhet by an hour thanks to the PEA power cut at the border in Mukdahan on Wednesday morning. By Thursday morning when I applied, no visas were being issued without the aforementioned 'nonsense' documents. I was allowed back in to Thailand but it was the broad opinion of border staffers that all foreigners would be turned away very soon and only local Thai and Laotians shuttling back and forth. One visa runner operator reckoned the Thursday vans from Bangkok would be the last ones for a while.

Just now, mike787 said:

Rebook for July or much later.  The entire world is locked down and quarantined.  

I'm just backing up your post. Myself and Thai gf were to fly to Osaka yesterday. Cancelled. As expected.

Right now koh Samed. Zero folk here. And minus zero Chinese. Return flights most places in Thai 900 baht. Phuket etc. Great time to travel and support Thai business.

If your in Thailand stay. If not wait couple of months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AXA UK has travel insurance and says will cover medical problems to do with Coronvirus but not flight cancellations.

'We will continue to cover any medical claims because of Coronavirus if you are travelling to an area where no FCO advice against travel exists.'

Edited by Jimmy B

4 hours ago, howerde said:

if you are flying Thai and booked through their website you can change your flights for free.

If you are saying that you can make the necessary changes yourself through their website, that is not the case. You have to call or email them instead.

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Read the OP. He is about to fly in Tuesday .

Meaning next Tuesday. Along with no insurance or medical. END of story. Stay home pal.

Every country recommends zero travel.

Read the THREAD. I was responding to @Joinaman who changed his booking to fly to Thailand "today", not the OP.

Edited by NanLaew

2 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

AXA UK has travel insurance and says will cover medical problems to do with Coronvirus but not flight cancellations.

'We will continue to cover any medical claims because of Coronavirus if you are travelling to an area where no FCO advice against travel exists.'

I am waiting on AIG whose travel guard policy explicitly says the same to confirm if the FCOs current worldwide 'avoid all unnecessary travel' effects this. 

• Like 1

My experience on the same. 

Your problem will be the airlines at check in and board IMO not immigration. It appears to be possible until Sat midnight Thai time. 

If you have any ability to be on a plane that arrives today, do it at any price (biz seats etc) I do not expect many more flights after that. 

Thailand has created a catch 22 closure as the NHS have made it very clear they will not issue any fit to fly notice and COVID19 testing will not be done on non symptomatic people, even then its not easy to be sure of getting a test (travel questions etc). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Thailand has created a catch 22 closure as the NHS have made it very clear they will not issue any fit to fly notice and COVID19 testing will not be done on non symptomatic people, even then its not easy to be sure of getting a test (travel questions etc). 

GPs are quite happy to supply private prescriptions and letters independently of the NHS. They are allowed to do that. Expect to pay at least a hundred quid, probably a fair bit more, for a dated letter declaring that, when examined, you showed no signs of infection. Get it as close as possible to your flight.

Personally, I would stay put in the UK. Thailand is going to be a complete mess once the true size of the outbreak there becomes clear. As a foreigner, you have to be wary of how the national mood might turn. Bear in mind that some Chinese officials are now pushing the narrative that the virus actually started in the West.

Edited by donnacha
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

If you are saying that you can make the necessary changes yourself through their website, that is not the case. You have to call or email them instead.

I never said you can make the changes yourself did i. 

10 hours ago, OJAS said:

True, I just took a look and no options to do things online via the English/Thailand site. 

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Read the OP. He is about to fly in Tuesday .

Meaning next Tuesday. Along with no insurance or medical. END of story. Stay home pal.

Every country recommends zero travel.

The lure of of the local putang is just too much for some folk

9 hours ago, donnacha said:

Personally, I would stay put in the UK. Thailand is going to be a complete mess once the true size of the outbreak there becomes clear. As a foreigner, you have to be wary of how the national mood might turn. Bear in mind that some Chinese officials are now pushing the narrative that the virus actually started in the West.

Ohh and yes.. I fully expect it to turn ugly.. Not only here but in the west. 

In the west my family has a large defendable homestead, with dogs, guns, and a strong rural community around it. But my wife and dogs are in asia, and I couldnt get the dogs rabies passed fast enough to get them out. I am not going to have my wife get through this alone so I am returning to ensure thier protection. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Denim said:

The current idiots running the country will wait to see what civilized countries are doing then follow suit.

before  announcing a miracle  cure discovered by another country no  doubt

• Haha 1

Don't wish this to sound rude, but if people think going to the doctors to ask for a 'holiday' certificate at this time of crisis needs to get life priorities strainght. Doctors need to treat sick, not give out tourist holiday 'vouchers'

That said if you have to go (many will), then I hope you can get it. but fear for the worst

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1