Need Medical Cert and Insurance from UK for boarding - need ASAP

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't wish this to sound rude, but if people think going to the doctors to ask for a 'holiday' certificate at this time of crisis needs to get life priorities strainght. Doctors need to treat sick, not give out tourist holiday 'vouchers'

That said if you have to go (many will), then I hope you can get it. but fear for the worst

That was the blunt responses I got after hours on hold to local hospital lines.. Like <deleted> really ?? Your calling about travel papers ?? 

People who say to comply are simply ignoring the reality of what is happening to medical services in the west. They are triaging who to let live and die, who to give beds and respirators to.. And you want a form filled in ??

• Like 1

The rules as published to the AITI in the last couple of hours are even worse. It is no longer just a medical cert (tho fit to fly does apply to Thais) it is a negatove lab test that must be supplied. 

The AITA system is what airlines use to check you for boarding, not press announcements or other media, this is the airline rulebook. 

THAILAND - published 20.03.2020
Items 1 and 2 are effective 00:00 local time 22 March 2020:
1. Nationals of Thailand must have a 'FIT TO FLY' medical certificate issued by a Thai Embassy or Consular.
2. All passengers other than nationals of Thailand must have:
- a Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 to prove they are free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 must be valid for not more than 72 hours prior to departure.
- a medical insurance with coverage of 100,000 USD.

3. Passengers arriving from China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China) must have a Health Certificate as well as Lab Test COVID-19 to prove they are free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 must be valid for not more than 2 days prior to departure.
- This does not apply to airline crew.
4. Passengers arriving from China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China) must have a medical insurance with coverage of 100,000 USD.
- This does not apply to nationals of Thailand.
- This does not apply to airline crew.
5. Passengers and crew members must present a completed T.8 health questionnaire to Health Control Office upon arrival.
6. Crew members not based in Thailand arriving from China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China) will be quarantined at the hotel until next departure schedule.
7. Crew members based in Thailand arriving from China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China) will be quarantined at home until next departure schedule.
- This does not apply when they only transited through China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China).
8. Based on the travel advisory restriction issued by United Arab Emirates Government, nationals of United Arab Emirates are not allowed to travel to Thailand.
9. Nationals of Bulgaria, Bhutan, China (People's Rep.), Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu and passengers with a Chinese Taipei (on the cover: Republic of China Taiwan) passport can no longer obtain a visa on arrival.
10. Nationals of Italy are no longer visa exempt.

20 hours ago, SamuiAddict said:

Due to fly back on Tuesday, and just found the above out.  My LV Insurance has been cancelled and local GP Surgery have no idea what I mean or need.

Can you please explain what you mean by cancelled? If they have cancelled it due to he virus, I'm not sure that's legal - an insurance policy is a contract.  In any case, if you still have the policy and certificate - I very much doubt the Immigration Officer at Suvanabhumi is going to call LV and check.

I don't know what the requirements for the medical certificate are but if you get that information, your only chance of getting an appointment at the moment may be by going private.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This the latest for what is needed for entry from midnight today.

image.png.c0295b638c98258a5233588d964675d1.png

image.png.9b53472c0e6eb084994f2141cdec13a0.png

Source: https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Infographic-Summary-of-Practical-Guidelines-for-passengers.pdf

As usual, some ambiguity in point 1. Do they really mean, as it appears to say, just a certificate that the passenger is asymptomatic is required? Or do they mean that the passenger should obtain the virtually unobtainable - a certificate that he/she is COVID-19 free?

16 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

AXA UK has travel insurance and says will cover medical problems to do with Coronvirus but not flight cancellations.

'We will continue to cover any medical claims because of Coronavirus if you are travelling to an area where no FCO advice against travel exists.'

Exactly, so null and void, FCO advice is NO none essential travel.

Only answer is delay until it improves.

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

for anyone interested the Wife sent me this for Covid 19 insurance only, dont know if just for Thais  or  not  but some choices there

cov19insurance.jpg

I wouldn't hold your hopes up for these COVID-19 insurance policies. My Thai friend in the business said that there was such a rush of people wanting these policies that all the companies listed have stopped issuing COVID-19 policies. Best if you double check this info as something may have got lost in the translation.

1 hour ago, pdtokyo said:

that's surprising ... sure that doesn't only apply to policies issued prior to a certain date? 

That’s certainly how I read it earlier today, they were clarifying that if you already had a policy you’d still be covered.

They went onto say that if you had an annual policy you’d only be covered for trips already booked.

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

for anyone interested the Wife sent me this for Covid 19 insurance only, dont know if just for Thais  or  not  but some choices there

cov19insurance.jpg

please note she  just  told me SCB is  not  accepting new  applications for it  now they say theres  too  many applying........I  wouldnt be surprised if  any cover may turn out to be useless as the insurance companies  bail  out  here

17 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

AXA UK has travel insurance and says will cover medical problems to do with Coronvirus but not flight cancellations.

'We will continue to cover any medical claims because of Coronavirus if you are travelling to an area where no FCO advice against travel exists.'

Existing policies, or including new policies ? And if new, what would the requirements for eligibility be ?

1 hour ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

As usual, some ambiguity in point 1. Do they really mean, as it appears to say, just a certificate that the passenger is asymptomatic is required? Or do they mean that the passenger should obtain the virtually unobtainable - a certificate that he/she is COVID-19 free?

It is COVID-19 free cert.

If you have just a normal fever or bacterial infection, do you think that is serious?

Yes, at this time it is almost impossible to get a COVID-19 free cert because not many doctors do that for fear of contracting the virus themselves.

So in the meantime, stay put in your home country until the storm is over.

46 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I wouldn't hold your hopes up for these COVID-19 insurance policies. My Thai friend in the business said that there was such a rush of people wanting these policies that all the companies listed have stopped issuing COVID-19 policies. Best if you double check this info as something may have got lost in the translation.

Moreover, people seem to forget that it is USD 100,000 coverage and NOT 100,000 baht. That is equivalent to 3,100,000 baht. No insurance companies in the list would cover that much. That list is more for Thai people and not foreigners who are richer.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

still operating as of close of biz friday.. I was talking to one right up to +- 6pm. 

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Moreover, people seem to forget that it is USD 100,000 coverage and NOT 100,000 baht. That is equivalent to 3,100,000 baht. No insurance companies in the list would cover that much. That list is more for Thai people and not foreigners who are richer.

2 subjects.. I and my wife have significant cover (1 mil GBP) depending on the outcome of the FCO travel advisory issue. 

However I want to insure 20 plus Thai family members.. As a gift to them in case of difficulty. I am lucky to have good Thai family and they are lucky I can buy some policies without any issues. 

2 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

True. Know someone at Kasikorn and they brought in something different with much higher premiums a couple of days ago. And I guess that will have gone with the latest new.

2 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

True it's a contract, but dig around any insurance contract and you will find a web of disclaimers ... a typical one is not to cover "known events" ... and sadly this does not mean "events which were known when you paid the premium" ... more along the lines of "if you knowingly engage in an activity that you know is risky, we won't cover you" ...

Yes, of course there are many exclusion in all types of insurance. I haven't seen a 'known events' exclusion but hopefully policies issued before before Corona became an event will not trigger such an exclusion.

Note: In general policies contain various clauses that only kick in if your country of residence and where the policy was issued, issues an advisory against travel to your particular destination. Therefore, where I would expect that clauses exist that would remove health cover etc. in that cricumstance, the very same travel advice, on issue, instigates that ability to claim on your insurance for lost flights etc.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:41 AM, pdtokyo said:

First insurer not to follow these principles would go broke quicksmart.

That could be mine then as they are quite adamant that Covid-19 is covered if the policy was taken out before 23:59 on March 11th, but not afterwards.  12th March was the day the WHO declared it a pandemic.  There are other insurers with the same approach.

https://www.insureandgo.com/

Edited by treetops